Monday, April 28, 2008

Here I am!

Blog time again! I have been quite busy since my last post on a professional and personal level. Where should I start?

Well I went to Italy for a week, all by myself. Milan to be exact. Just to take a break. I bought a very cheap ticket with Ryanair from Eindhoven to Milan Bergamo BGY for €45,-. I wasn't going to IPB cheaper than that. Once in Milan, I rented a red retro Vespa and I discovered the beautiful city by scooter.

Photobucket
Rented Vespa

Milan is a very beautiful city and I got the well-deserved rest I needed. After 6 days of Milan, I returned back to Holland and back to work.

At work there isn't anything special to report, except for the big news that Air France's partner (Delta Air Lines) is going to merge with KLM's partner (Northwest Airlines). They will then create the biggest airline in the world. Can you imagine the team that Air France-KLM will make with the new Delta? What this will mean to the SkyTeam alliance? This of course means a lot of work for Management Outstation... the department I work for. In the future it will mean consolidation of many aspects of ground services, like handling each other's flights, using each others catering services etc. But that is some time away pending approval of the United States government. I am excited!

As for Robbedoes... well... he had a sex change operation and he now is a stewardess. Lol!
Photobucket
Robina & Michael... uhh... I mean Robin and Maaike

Just kidding of course... he is going about his business flying around this lonely planet having a ball. Can't blaim him.

Last week Sunday I went to a soccer match between AFC Ajax and Heracles in the Amsterdam Arena with my buddy and co-worker Remesh. It's amazing how good friends we've become in the past few months. We don't have much in common at all, but there is a connection and his wife Radha and his kids Arun (12), Shayenne (9) and Arshay (3) are great. Notice that the youngest kid name is a combo of Arun and Shayenne. Original. Anyway, I do like Remesh a lot and we have tons of laughs together. So as I was saying, he dragged me to this soccer match and I surprised myself by actually having a good time. And considering that Remesh is a die-hard Ajax fan, we were happy when they won with 5-1.
Photobucket
Remesh & his family

It is May vacation time now and a lot of co-workers and friends are on vacation as we speak. Remesh went to the Côte d’Azur with his family past Saturday, Lesley went to Turkey with friends and family, Robin is in Dubai with Patrick and Sharifa, my brother Junior is in Miami with Mandy and Milan, Mom is in Istanbul with some co-workers for 5 days, Dad went to Aruba for a week to check on his house he has there... so what about me? Poor me, is right here is Rotterdam. Sad really.
Photobucket
Mandy & Junior

I think that is about it really. Oh yeah, Junor did buy a new car. A convertible for the summer. I think I'll be stealing that thing from him. Besides, it is not appropriate for baby's anyway. I'm just saying...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Junior and his VW

Oh well, let me go and clean my apartment. Or even better ... lay on the sofa and read a book or watch TV. Maybe, I should call some friends and invite them over to dinner. Or you know what? Let me get packed, jump on a plane and head to...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Head to where??? Stay your @ss at home, b*tch! You never home! Why did you even buy that apartment??

Micheline

28.4.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home