Surprise!
Normally when I come back from a trip that was work related, I rest 1 day and the next I get back to work, without problems. When I come back from vacation, I normally need 2 resting days to catch myself. But when I come back from Aruba, a week isn't enough! Especially if I was there for carnival. Anyone that has been to Aruba for carnival season knows it is one event after the other... sleeping late, getting up early and hitting the road. So... I was hoping that after I arrived from Aruba, I would get a few days rest before heading back to work on Monday. Besides the dinner I had with Robby, Sharifa, Thomas and Ronlie, I had no plans whatsoever.
But my dear bother Junior, did have plans for me. He planned a housewarming and birthday party for me with some close family members. You see, my parents were behind me all of these months to keep a house warming party, but I was just not in the mood. I like going to parties, I hate throwing them. Too much work. So Junior and my parents did all the work for me.
Junior was supposed to come over to pick up some stuff I brought from Aruba for him. When the bell rang there were about 20 people in front of my door! A cake, food, drinks... everything! I was like... what the hell?! Hahahaha... so the party was one!


Mom busy in the kitchen

Cousin Jennifer (Jenny)












Tante Omayra, tante Ava, uncle Milo, uncle Glenn, Junior, Mandy, Mom, Dad, Jennifer, tante Melinda... no they are not all really my aunts and uncles, but I've known them from small, so I refer to them as that

Mom made me a birthday cake, because I had none in Aruba



Everyone in the kitchen doing what we do best... eat! Lol!
A pity Rob and Lesley could't be here, because Rob was inflight to Chicago ORD and Lesley was in Brussels for a meeting.
But I had a ball! Thanks for the gifts everyone. Now I am just wondering, when I'm going to get my rest! Thanks Junior, for organzing the whole thing with the help of Mandy. You are such a good brother. But the next time you surprise me like that, I will hunt you down the woods like a bloodhound behind his prey and when I do catch you... which I will... I will slowly, but surely kill you. I'm just saying.... luv ya! :-)
But my dear bother Junior, did have plans for me. He planned a housewarming and birthday party for me with some close family members. You see, my parents were behind me all of these months to keep a house warming party, but I was just not in the mood. I like going to parties, I hate throwing them. Too much work. So Junior and my parents did all the work for me.
Junior was supposed to come over to pick up some stuff I brought from Aruba for him. When the bell rang there were about 20 people in front of my door! A cake, food, drinks... everything! I was like... what the hell?! Hahahaha... so the party was one!


Mom busy in the kitchen

Cousin Jennifer (Jenny)












Tante Omayra, tante Ava, uncle Milo, uncle Glenn, Junior, Mandy, Mom, Dad, Jennifer, tante Melinda... no they are not all really my aunts and uncles, but I've known them from small, so I refer to them as that

Mom made me a birthday cake, because I had none in Aruba



Everyone in the kitchen doing what we do best... eat! Lol!
A pity Rob and Lesley could't be here, because Rob was inflight to Chicago ORD and Lesley was in Brussels for a meeting.
But I had a ball! Thanks for the gifts everyone. Now I am just wondering, when I'm going to get my rest! Thanks Junior, for organzing the whole thing with the help of Mandy. You are such a good brother. But the next time you surprise me like that, I will hunt you down the woods like a bloodhound behind his prey and when I do catch you... which I will... I will slowly, but surely kill you. I'm just saying.... luv ya! :-)
11 Comments:
Well where is that mandy??? which one is she on the pics??? I still have a bone to pick with her for steeling my MAN Junior :@ and where is milan, i never see pictures from that sweet little boy anymore.
And Mrs. Pamela i still waitin on my LG shine hahahaha
Lol! Mandy is the girl sitting near the door with her legs crossed. As for Milan... his parents decided not to put his pics on the internet anymore, until he's older. I respect their decision and that's why you don't see pics of my nephew anymore.
Cheers!
LOL @ the hunting down comment! So much food! Wow!
Keep on waiting anonymous! Hihihihihihi!
Pam
Jun-jun! You have a secret admirer!
Jenny
look all you black people eating sweet food and thing, and i here hungry wishin for a plate of food hahahaha.
bad bad bad hahahahaha
The food was really really good. Tante Pamela made fried rice, lasagna, macaroni & cheese, fried chicken... Mandy made the tuna salad and the normal salad... tante Melinda made pastechi with meat and cheese and I made croquettes.
Mmmmm... makes me hungry right now!
Jenny
I like how your mother has your name spelled on the cake. What type of cake is that? Is your mother a pro cake maker?
Greg
It is just a white cake with icing on top. And the little cakes are chocolate made with real melted chocolate.
I am not a professional... I just do it for family and only when I ahve the time.
Pam
What is that painting of on the wall with the tree? Or is it a poster? I like the beach scene.
That is a poster my Mom got me on my birthday last year. I wanted something from Aruba in my home and I saw this one at IKEA and liked it immediately.
This is a Divi Divi tree on Aruba at the beach. In Aruba it is also sometimes called 'Watapana'. It grows in the direction of the wind, so no tree on the island is straight.
Here is a pic from it... Divi Divi
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home