Miss me?
Hi everyone! I know it has been a while. Missed me? I sure missed blogging! Thanks for the comments and emails! There were severtal reasons I negelected my blog for so long.... first I had to complete 7 weeks of training for my new job, which included 4 weeks of theory and 3 practical weeks in a place where Blogger/Blogspot isn't really accessable. But now my training is complete and I am in my cozy apartment in Rotterdam, so it's on again.
With my new job comes new responsibilities and this also goes for my blog. While I was at AFC, they knew about my blog and gave me their blessings. My new employer however frowns upon blogging. I have an aquaintance who was a Puser for Transavia (Marjolein). I knew her from ATCBox.com. She as a enthousiastic blogger for many years. She got into problems many times about stuff she wrote on her blog. Finally after many u-turns the company dumped her. Her flight carreer went down the drain and she said goodbye to blogging. I do not want to make that same mistake. That's why I am very apprehensive about talking about stuff when I am flying for KLM. I am careful. Blogging is a hobby, my job pays the bills. Not my readers. I hope you get that.
Now that being said... no Transavia is not my employer. Whan AFC closed down we got several options as you know. I was not willing to move to Brussels. I didn't like any of the jobs KLM offered me and I actually already accepted an offer with a German aviation representation company. I already had the contract mailed to my house. Then an offer was made to me that was attractive, had a damn good salary and most importantly... it was something I thought I would enjoy. I talked with the people concerned, we agreed on the terms and I signed on. Strangely enough my job title is still 'consultant'. I am actually a Junior Consultant. SO I start from the bottom again.
Ladies & gentlemen my employer is Air France-KLM Group.

No... not Air France and not KLM, but the holding company that owns both airlines. I work in the department Management Outstations as a JC. What does Management Outstations do? We close contracts with ground handlers, catering companies and fueling companies for our airlines in destinations they fly to. We also close contracts with the hotels the crew lay-over at and transportation for the crew. We audit and monitor the companies we hire for our airlines and crew. So we fly out (sometimes undercover) and make sure the companies do what we pay them to do, which is service our passengers, aircraft and crew. So if KLM is going to start flying to a new destination a team of Management Outstation flies out, investigates the new airport and negotiates contract with ground handlers, hotels, catring companies, fuelers etc. etc. 3 times a year we follow up on everything. If crew complain about a certain hotel too much, or we can get a better offer elsewhere, we switch. That's our job at Management Outstations. For whom do we do this? We do this for our companies we own like Air France, KLM, Transavia (Holland), Transavia (France), CityJet and KLM Cityhopper. We also do this for our partners Kenya Airways (owned partly by KLM), Northwest Airlines (only in India and Europe) and Delta Airlines (only in India). The group is based both in Holland (Amstelveen) and Paris (Roissy), but we work 100% together on everything. I am excited. I like what I see. And of course I get to travel the world.
My part-time gig at KLM? Yep, it's still there. I don't know how long though. As long as I can combine it with my job and school and it remains fun, it's alright. If it gets too complicated, I'll drop it like a hot potatoe. Easy as ABC.
I have a lot to tell you about what happened in the past weeks professional and private, but you'll have to wait. I have lots of stuff to do this week. But then again... what's new?
Great to be back y'all! I hope you find it great to have me back. And yeah... I soooo missed you too!
With my new job comes new responsibilities and this also goes for my blog. While I was at AFC, they knew about my blog and gave me their blessings. My new employer however frowns upon blogging. I have an aquaintance who was a Puser for Transavia (Marjolein). I knew her from ATCBox.com. She as a enthousiastic blogger for many years. She got into problems many times about stuff she wrote on her blog. Finally after many u-turns the company dumped her. Her flight carreer went down the drain and she said goodbye to blogging. I do not want to make that same mistake. That's why I am very apprehensive about talking about stuff when I am flying for KLM. I am careful. Blogging is a hobby, my job pays the bills. Not my readers. I hope you get that.
Now that being said... no Transavia is not my employer. Whan AFC closed down we got several options as you know. I was not willing to move to Brussels. I didn't like any of the jobs KLM offered me and I actually already accepted an offer with a German aviation representation company. I already had the contract mailed to my house. Then an offer was made to me that was attractive, had a damn good salary and most importantly... it was something I thought I would enjoy. I talked with the people concerned, we agreed on the terms and I signed on. Strangely enough my job title is still 'consultant'. I am actually a Junior Consultant. SO I start from the bottom again.
Ladies & gentlemen my employer is Air France-KLM Group.

No... not Air France and not KLM, but the holding company that owns both airlines. I work in the department Management Outstations as a JC. What does Management Outstations do? We close contracts with ground handlers, catering companies and fueling companies for our airlines in destinations they fly to. We also close contracts with the hotels the crew lay-over at and transportation for the crew. We audit and monitor the companies we hire for our airlines and crew. So we fly out (sometimes undercover) and make sure the companies do what we pay them to do, which is service our passengers, aircraft and crew. So if KLM is going to start flying to a new destination a team of Management Outstation flies out, investigates the new airport and negotiates contract with ground handlers, hotels, catring companies, fuelers etc. etc. 3 times a year we follow up on everything. If crew complain about a certain hotel too much, or we can get a better offer elsewhere, we switch. That's our job at Management Outstations. For whom do we do this? We do this for our companies we own like Air France, KLM, Transavia (Holland), Transavia (France), CityJet and KLM Cityhopper. We also do this for our partners Kenya Airways (owned partly by KLM), Northwest Airlines (only in India and Europe) and Delta Airlines (only in India). The group is based both in Holland (Amstelveen) and Paris (Roissy), but we work 100% together on everything. I am excited. I like what I see. And of course I get to travel the world.
My part-time gig at KLM? Yep, it's still there. I don't know how long though. As long as I can combine it with my job and school and it remains fun, it's alright. If it gets too complicated, I'll drop it like a hot potatoe. Easy as ABC.
I have a lot to tell you about what happened in the past weeks professional and private, but you'll have to wait. I have lots of stuff to do this week. But then again... what's new?
Great to be back y'all! I hope you find it great to have me back. And yeah... I soooo missed you too!
4 Comments:
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hè hè!
Ik heb je gemist!
Glad your back!
Post a Comment
<< Home