Friday, August 31, 2007

Divers Paradise

Divi Flamingo Resort, Kralendijk - Local time 15.50

Yup, I'm in the 'divers paradise'... Bonaire. It was not in the planning, but I had an open roster and crewco called and asked me to do a BON-AMS without having to work the AMS-BON sector. You see, two CA's got the flu in BON and they doubted they would be better to do the return flight tomorrow. And because the flight is heavy (this means it's full in aviation terms), they needed all hands on deck, so to speak. So I went to BON as DHC on KL 769. KL 769 goes Amsterdam-Bonaire-Aruba, but I got out on BON. DHC is short for dead-head crew. This is someone who goes on a flight as a passenger for work purpose. The shit is that normally when you are DHC, you normally fly Business Class. But seeing that I was an unexpected DHC, and Business Class was full, I was put in Economy. Oh well.... I made it to Princess Amalia Airport in one piece.

Here is the landing video:


The funny thing is that Britta, a KLM CA and friend of Robin, was also in BON on lay-over. That same day she was flying back to AMS on another KLM flight... the KL 754. Due to technical problems in Quito in Ecuador the day before, it was delayed for 24 hours. So 15 minutes after I landed another KLM MD 11 landed as well. But the funny thing is that the crew decided to wait on the beach for the KLM flight to arrive and waive at us! I didn't notice anything.

So after I disemaberked, I had to find the KLM Service Manager for my taxi- and hotel voucher, as I was the only one who disemabarked. The rest of the crew on KL 769 lays-over in Aruba AUA. I was surprised when I saw Britta in the departure hall. So we laughed and talked a bit and then she told me about the picture. I told her as soon as she arrives in Holland to email it to me and of course I asked for permission to post it on my blog! And she did email it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is an old picture of Britta and R. at the Niagara Falls in Toronto
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Briita & crew welcoming us to BON. I think this is an amazing picture. Dank je Britta!

It reminded me of this picture I saw on an aviation website of a crew of Lauda Air of Austria welcoming their flight to St. Maarten SXM from Vienna VIE.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Picture from airliners.net

Anyway, let me go grab a bite to eat at the Drunken Seagull. Monday I start my new job. I can't wait! ANd I know you are dying to know what I am going to do....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een gave foto, Britta! Netjes!

Lies

1.9.07  
Blogger Angelo said...

Elke keer dat ik de M11 op de ABC eilanden zie, merk ik wat ik mis op de 777. Maar ik heb tenmisnte Chengdu!!! Jippie!... Not!

Angelo

1.9.07  
Blogger Pamela said...

Don't forget my bottle of Sunny Delight son!

Ma

1.9.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an annoying child in the background crying like that. I hope it wasn't during the entire flight! Imagine!

Anyway, I am heading to Madrid on Monday and I'll be back on Wednesday. Wish you could've come along. Too bad.

See you next weekend.

Les

1.9.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nou, de eer gaat naar Wancho, een lokale man, die voor ons de foto maakte.

Britta

1.9.07  
Blogger Traveller said...

@ Britta: Nogmaals dank voor de foto. Het is altijd leuk om een foto te zien van een kist waar je zelf in zit. Er is op airliners.net een foto van de PH-KCA op 23 maart, 2005 waar mijn ouders in zaten op weg naar Aruba. Ik vertrok diezelfde dag ook naar Aruba, maar met een andere vlucht, want ik IPB'de en de KL733 was in de min. Dus ik vloog met KL 781 naar CuraƧao en vandaar vloog ik door naar Aruba.

Op de terugweg op 7-4-2005 zaten mijn ma en ik op dezelfde kist. De KL 734. Pa bleef een week langer, zoals altijd. Ik zat een week later op jetphotos.net te kijken en wat zie ik daar? De PH-KCK waar we in zaten!

Heb ook een foto van de PH-BFY (747-400) die opsteeg uit IAH waar Rob in zat en een HV 737-700 waar Lesley en ik in zaten. Ik heb trouwens ook een filmpje van de webcam van Helsinki Vantaa Airport, waar Grietje, Brenda en ik in zaten op de terugweg van Shanghai.

@ Angelo: Wat zeur je nou man! Je hebt CPT, GRU, KIX en NRT!!!

@ Ma: Already bought it!

@ Lesley: That baby was the child of the damned! It cried and cried and cried! Thank goodness for my iPod! I'm happy that Milan isn't like that! We'll see when it's time to go Aruba, because I am the one taking him!!!! Anyway 'desfruta de Madrid' as they say is Spanish!

Let me get some rest. Calling is in a few hours.

Ryan

1.9.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right! Milan is a good, quiet and happy baby! The only time he ever makes noise, is when he sees his bottle. But then again... can you blkame him? Who's his uncle?????? :-P

1.9.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brit, ik denk dat je Juancho bedoelt. Op Bonaire heten veel mensen Juancho en Pancho en Chichi en andere bijnamen.

Rob

1.9.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home