Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sunny Saturday

This weekend Í'll be spending it in a quiet way. R. has gone to spend the weekend at his parents house in Leidschedam, whereafter the whole family will be heading to Woerden for a family party. I was just not in the mood for a party.

I slept out completely and after I woke up, I put the dishes in the dishwasher and put some clothes to wash. Around 12.00 I was having some coffee, when the bell rang. It was someone from TNT Post with packages. Huh? I didn't order anything.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Box from TNT

I saw on the label that it was from KLM.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Postage label

To my surprise I found a brandnew Samsonite suitcase and a brandnew Samsonite handbag! I began to smile.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Samsonite suitcase
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Samsonite handbag that can also carry a laptop

You see AFC provides us with Samsonite gear when we travel for the job. KLM does the same for their crew. They also get Samsonite stuff. On my last AFC trip (Sarajevo) my suitcase got damaged on the way back. No biggie, but I reported it to my Unit Manager and wrote it in my irregularity report. I didn't hear anything about it again. Now this past Thursday I had a meeting at AFC, where the Paris Director of Operations was present. During the break we were talking about travelling and I commented that I was sick of travelling with a suitcase, a handbag ànd a laptop bag. Too much hassle, especially at airport security. I said that they should issue us a laptop bag and handbag in one... you know... like a 2-in-1 deal? I also joked that my suitcase had a dent in it and that they should give us better quality suitcases. I was honestly kidding.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The one in the middle is my old handbag. Also a Samsonite

Well, Monsieur du Garde took my joke seriously and sent me a brandnew travel gear. And don't underestimate this gesture, because the total price for those 2 Samsonites are over the €300,-. You see now why I like my job? I wonder if the others got them as well? I guess I'll find out at work on Monday.


Now I'll be heading to the Market to buy some fruit and vegetables and later on I'll call Lesley to wish him a good flight as he is heading to Istanbul and Side in Turkey for his job for a week.

Talking about travelling, I have to call Marlon at the travel agent to pay for my ticket to Aruba for this Christmas. I almost forgot about that. I have so much of things to do, but so little time. For instance I bought a new LG LCD television, a Philips surround set and a LG Hard Disc Recorder for my apartment last week. You know where they are? Neatly packed in the boxes in the livingroom awaiting me to set them up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Looking good in the boxes

Well, they can keep waiting. Perhaps next week if I feel like it. In the meantime I have my little TV from my old bedroom in Dordrecht that can keep me occupied.

What do you mean, I am lazy?! Ha, ha, ha!

Have a great weekend!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bought Philips? Doesn't your Mom work at Philips? Also aren't LG LCD's actually Philips on the inside?

2.6.07  
Blogger Pamela said...

What am I? A free-for-all? Of course Philips gives us perks, but employees don't always get freebees! Ryan works, so he should be able to buy.

It's true though, All LG LCD's and Plasma's have Philips components on the inside. It was a joint venture between the 2 companies.

Pamela

2.6.07  
Blogger Traveller said...

Believe me anonymous, I tried to beg for a discount and even free stuff. But I just got the 'eye', if you know what I mean.

Ryan

2.6.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nou, ik heb nog niks mogen ontvangen hoor, Ry. Het zal toch niet zo zijn dat jij als enige een nieuwe kofferset ontvangt? Als dat zo is, ga ik er werk van maken, want dat vind ik dus geen stijl.

Brenda

2.6.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, you are lazy. You are telling me that since I talked to you last week and you told me that they delivered the TV and other stuff, you haven't set them up as yet? For shame!

Anette

2.6.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the case. Samsonite is expensive but the quality is oh so good and if for whatever reason it gets damaged, they'll fix it for you. I myself have the American Tourister by Samsonite for 4 years now and it is still going strong as ever.

On another note. Tomorrow is koop zondag at Zuidplein. Wanna join me for lunch? It isn't as if you are busy, except for sleeping. Join me and Audrey! My treat!

Tommy

2.6.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro! You told me you set up the stuff already!

Junior

2.6.07  
Blogger Traveller said...

Well Junior, you caught me. I lied!

Ryan

2.6.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great weekend too, Mr. Mitchell.

TK

2.6.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is dat de Philips 3100 thuisbioscoop? Die was toch aangeraden door du Consumentenbond als 'beste koop'?

Gerard

3.6.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home