Back from YYZ
Hey guys! How's everything going? I was gone for a while, but that's because I was in Toronto YYZ. It was great. But what was also fun is that I was there with R. It was like this... R. was scheduled to do a flight to YYZ on the KL691/692. This flight is operated by a Boeing 747-400. My next flight was to New York JFK on the KL641/642 on the 777-200. It was not a request, but was given to me. Up to 2 weeks before the departure, crewco can change your schedule however they like, if a flight was given to you. I didn't log into my Plan & Go for a while, because I had other things on my mind with AFC and the Dubai project as well as the Martinair project. Last Monday I logged in to see what my daily allowance was (dag geld) and to see which hotel we were residing at, when I noticed that my JFK was changed to YYZ. It was the same day as R's flight, but not the same flight. It was the 2nd YYZ of the day... the KL695/696 on the 777-200. I didn't tell R. anything and just hoped he wouldn't log into my Plan & Go. He didn't.
Tuesday I said goodbye to R. and he was off to Schiphol for his 13.55 flight. At Schiphol he called me to tell me that he met a friend of ours (Herman) on the train and that he was also going to YYZ with his company Martinair. He is a Purser with them. Martinair's flight leaves at 13.20. So R. would be in YYZ with a buddy. Later that evening I myself headed to SPL to brief. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out the Senior Purser (SP) was the same woman I did the New Delhi DEL flight with. Ugh... I truly dislike her. Anyway, I have to say that she did work on this flight. The flight was alright, but hectic. A lot of transfer passengers from Iran and Pakistan (Tehran, Islamabad and Karachi) were on board. Very demanding people.



In-flight AMS-YYZ

R. approaching YYZ. Below is Pearson Airport - Photo by RdG
After we arrived in YYZ, we headed to the hotel. I SMS'ed R. that I arrived in JFK and ask him what room number he had, so I could phone him. He SMS'ed that his roomnumber was 312. Mine was 610. So after I dumped my luggage in my room on the 6th floor, I showered and changed and headed to the 3rd floor and knocked on his door. "Room service!". Hahahaha! He opened the door and you should have seen his face! Priceless! We had a good laugh and I explained him what happened.
After that we headed into town with Herman, who was staying at another hotel not too far from us, and had lunch at TGIF. The rest of the crew all did their own thing. It was fun. We shopped a little, headed to the Niagara Falls and generally just strolled throughout the great city of Toronto.

Niagara Falls
This was my 4th time in this city. The first time was in 1998, when I used to work on the Airport of Aruba for Air Aruba/Ogden Ground Services. When I first started, I started as a part-timer doing the handling of the Charter Division. We used to also do the handling of Royal Airlines and SkyService Airlines. Both are airlines based in Canada.


Royal Airlines and SkyService - Photo taken from jetphotos.net
One day the representatives from the airlines told us all that if we wanted to, we could fly to YYZ with either airline. The choice was ours and it would cost only US$75,-. So a whole group of us went to YYZ for the weekend. The full-timers were pissed-off and jealous, because the offer was only for those doing charter airlines. Stupid, because they had IPB-rights on Air Aruba, KLM, VASP etc. while we didn't have any rights. Also they looked down on the 'charter agents'. Whatever... we had a great time. We flew with Royal to YYZ on a 757 and back with SkyService on an A330. The 2nd time I went to YYZ was with R. and the 3rd time was for AFC. Now I was there as part of a crew.
Before you knew it, it was time to head back to Amsterdam AMS. R. and Herman were first to go, but I decided to accompany them to the airport. I however was not allowed in the crew bus, so I took the regular bus to Lester B. Pearson International Airport. There we all sat at Starbucks Coffee and enjoyed a capuccino and from there it was time to say goodbye to Herman. He was first to go.

Herman's plane at the gate - Photo by Herman Beek. Dank je

On the bus I saw Herman's plane taking off. Dit is voor jou, Herman!
20 minutes later, I said goodbye to R. who had to head to the gate with his crew.

R's plane from Starbucks Coffee. It was the PH-BFL (City of Lima). Surrounded by BA. Raise your hands Lesley!

R's aircraft - Photo taken by RdG
I went back to the hotel, took a 2 hour nap and then got ready for calling in the lobby. The bus took us to Pearson, where we checked-in and got briefed.

My airplane at the same gate where R's 747 was. Again surrounded by BA. Those BA airplanes are all over the place! Lol!

I flew with PH-BQD (Darjeeling Railway). Here it is getting cleaned and catered.

In-flight YYZ-AMS
After a long and grueling flight we landed at SPL, where we shook hands and each headed our way. It was fun! Because Herman is shy and doesn't want to appear on the blog (especially in uniform... like me), I decided to post the pics in Photobucket. People with access can log-in here to see all the pics of our trip.
But Father's Day was great last week. Mom made a cake and we all ate at a restaurant. Good fun with the family.


Mom & Dad and the cake Mom made. The guy in aluminium foil was made by my brother Junior! Hahahaha!
No, no decision on AFC as yet. Although I have had some interesting offers from within Air France-KLM as well as other companies. Stay tuned....
Tuesday I said goodbye to R. and he was off to Schiphol for his 13.55 flight. At Schiphol he called me to tell me that he met a friend of ours (Herman) on the train and that he was also going to YYZ with his company Martinair. He is a Purser with them. Martinair's flight leaves at 13.20. So R. would be in YYZ with a buddy. Later that evening I myself headed to SPL to brief. I was unpleasantly surprised to find out the Senior Purser (SP) was the same woman I did the New Delhi DEL flight with. Ugh... I truly dislike her. Anyway, I have to say that she did work on this flight. The flight was alright, but hectic. A lot of transfer passengers from Iran and Pakistan (Tehran, Islamabad and Karachi) were on board. Very demanding people.



In-flight AMS-YYZ

R. approaching YYZ. Below is Pearson Airport - Photo by RdG
After we arrived in YYZ, we headed to the hotel. I SMS'ed R. that I arrived in JFK and ask him what room number he had, so I could phone him. He SMS'ed that his roomnumber was 312. Mine was 610. So after I dumped my luggage in my room on the 6th floor, I showered and changed and headed to the 3rd floor and knocked on his door. "Room service!". Hahahaha! He opened the door and you should have seen his face! Priceless! We had a good laugh and I explained him what happened.
After that we headed into town with Herman, who was staying at another hotel not too far from us, and had lunch at TGIF. The rest of the crew all did their own thing. It was fun. We shopped a little, headed to the Niagara Falls and generally just strolled throughout the great city of Toronto.

Niagara Falls
This was my 4th time in this city. The first time was in 1998, when I used to work on the Airport of Aruba for Air Aruba/Ogden Ground Services. When I first started, I started as a part-timer doing the handling of the Charter Division. We used to also do the handling of Royal Airlines and SkyService Airlines. Both are airlines based in Canada.


Royal Airlines and SkyService - Photo taken from jetphotos.net
One day the representatives from the airlines told us all that if we wanted to, we could fly to YYZ with either airline. The choice was ours and it would cost only US$75,-. So a whole group of us went to YYZ for the weekend. The full-timers were pissed-off and jealous, because the offer was only for those doing charter airlines. Stupid, because they had IPB-rights on Air Aruba, KLM, VASP etc. while we didn't have any rights. Also they looked down on the 'charter agents'. Whatever... we had a great time. We flew with Royal to YYZ on a 757 and back with SkyService on an A330. The 2nd time I went to YYZ was with R. and the 3rd time was for AFC. Now I was there as part of a crew.
Before you knew it, it was time to head back to Amsterdam AMS. R. and Herman were first to go, but I decided to accompany them to the airport. I however was not allowed in the crew bus, so I took the regular bus to Lester B. Pearson International Airport. There we all sat at Starbucks Coffee and enjoyed a capuccino and from there it was time to say goodbye to Herman. He was first to go.

Herman's plane at the gate - Photo by Herman Beek. Dank je

On the bus I saw Herman's plane taking off. Dit is voor jou, Herman!
20 minutes later, I said goodbye to R. who had to head to the gate with his crew.

R's plane from Starbucks Coffee. It was the PH-BFL (City of Lima). Surrounded by BA. Raise your hands Lesley!

R's aircraft - Photo taken by RdG
I went back to the hotel, took a 2 hour nap and then got ready for calling in the lobby. The bus took us to Pearson, where we checked-in and got briefed.

My airplane at the same gate where R's 747 was. Again surrounded by BA. Those BA airplanes are all over the place! Lol!

I flew with PH-BQD (Darjeeling Railway). Here it is getting cleaned and catered.

In-flight YYZ-AMS
After a long and grueling flight we landed at SPL, where we shook hands and each headed our way. It was fun! Because Herman is shy and doesn't want to appear on the blog (especially in uniform... like me), I decided to post the pics in Photobucket. People with access can log-in here to see all the pics of our trip.
But Father's Day was great last week. Mom made a cake and we all ate at a restaurant. Good fun with the family.


Mom & Dad and the cake Mom made. The guy in aluminium foil was made by my brother Junior! Hahahaha!
No, no decision on AFC as yet. Although I have had some interesting offers from within Air France-KLM as well as other companies. Stay tuned....
13 Comments:
Leuk dat jullie samen in YYZ waren. Ik hoorde van Floris dat hij daar ook was, maar dat hij eerder wegging. En Britta? Hoe gaat het met haar? Ik hoor dat ze ziek was geworden?
KIM
Taart ziet er wel heerlijk uit. Je ma is goed, zeg!
Nice to see British Airways represented! The best! You trying to say that KLM is better? I don't think so!! Lol!
Lesley
Hoi Kimmy! Hoe is alles? Hoe was ABV?
Britta is dus inderdaad ziek geworden en is zittend naar huis gegaan. AP ging dus IN de sterkte. Andere CA bleek ook ziek, dus een 2 bander van de KL696 (Ryan's vlucht) is toen gebruikt om 4 uur eerder te vliegen. Ook op die 2e kist dus AP in de sterkte.
Die extra CA van Ryan's vlucht was was Ray Zijlstra. Ken je nog wel van de 1e PBM die we samen hebben gedaan? Het was heel gezellig!
Heb ook met Latifa gevlogen... een Marrokaanse meid die bij mij in de basiscursus van PH zat in 2000! Jij kent haar ook wel... volgens haar zat je een paar maanden geleden met haar in TLV.
Rob
Leuke foto's. Ik ken Herman niet, maar alleen van gezicht. Ik heb hem wel eens in de BMC gezien.
Nienke
Zooooo, ik was helemaal vergeten over de YYZ trip van ons. Da's bijna 10 jaar geleden. Goh, wat vliegt de tijd om!
Maar die weekend met Zulaika Briezen, Ilonka Winklaar, Damian, Roberto jij en ik was leuk. Allemaal van de Aruba Hotel School of Management en ad-hoc agents bij Ogden. Alleen die A332 van SV.... sardientjes in een blik! Dan was QN toch beter, hoor.
Je kan zeggen wat je wilt, maar de Charter Agents tijdperk was gewoon relaxed en leuk. FQ ticket office and CA bij FQ waren ook wel leuk, maar gewoon anders.
Maar goed, ik ga maar pakken, want vanavond ga ik naar KUL.
Spreek je nog wel Ryan!
xoxo
Jenske
@ Jenske: 7/6 of 9/8 KUL?
Sorry dat ik nu pas antwoord geef. Ben nu pas online sinds eergisteren. Ik heb een 9 daagse Maleisiƫ Lies. Jij hebt toch RV?
Groeten uit hot Malaysia! truly Asia!
Jens
Wat is het stil hier? Duurt wel lang met een update. Ryan houd de spanning er wel in, hoor!
Marcel
Ryan is in Aruba.
Les
you dead???
uhm what he doing there lesley??? Something wrong??? :S
Hey Pikaboo! It has been a while!
Nah, nothing serious. I told him to update the blog so his readers don't worry. But does he listen? Of course not!
Les
Post a Comment
<< Home