Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sarajevo

Omega-Ambasador Hotel, Sarajevo - Local time 01.15

I'm on the road again. This time I'm in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Not a place, I ever aspired to travel to, to tell the truth. This is a country that has a background of war and killings in the not to distant past. The popular band U2 together with Pavarotti in collaboration with President Jimmy Carter made a popular song called Miss Sarajevo. Of course a lot has changed since then... or so I've heard. Air France has this website on the intranet with all the info about certain destinations. From what I could read, it is pretty safe nowadays.

I am here for 3 days only and yes... I am all alone. Not every job can be done with multiple consultants, because it is sometimes not practical and not to mention expensive. I flew with Lufthansa via Munich MUC (München in Dutch) to Sarajevo. Our client is BH Airlines (used to be Air Bosna). They have to Airbus A319 on order from Airbus Industries and are going to lease an A320 from Air France. All 3 aircraft will undergo their MRO at Air France Industries and KLM Engineering & Maintenance. Both these companies operate as one entity. MRO is the abbreviation for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul.

I am in Sarajevo to give BH Airlines' Management team a presentation on how it's gong to work. BH Airlines is a long time client from AFC. Just last year an AFC team based in Paris helped implement Air France's Amadeus as their reservation system.

Anyway, although I am in Sarajevo alone, I am supported by Kees F. from KLM E&M and Antoinne F. from AFI via de world wibe web and the good old telephone. These are the experts in their fields and my job is basically to present their work.

It has been a very long day and I just finished putting together the last bits of my Powerpoint presentation. So it's off to dreamland for me.

Goodnight and have a wonderful weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarajevo? Goh, wat ben ik jaloers... maar niet heus!

Jelleke

5.5.07  
Blogger Pamela said...

Be careful, son.

5.5.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home