Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Another 4 words:

Pfff... I just woke up from a nice sleep 2 hours ago. This morning I came back from a Lagos LOS trip on the 777. I was not scheduled to fly until May 16th, but my RSA (RoStering Agent) at crewco called me and ask if I wanted to fill in, because there were a lot of sick colleagues. Well duh! Queens Birthday... who isn't going to be sick? Those Dutchies love their "Oranje". Anyway since I didn't fly the 777 for a long while, and I am required to fly it within a certain period to keep up my certification, I agreed. However I told them to find someone else for my CuraƧao CUR for May 16th. Ik blijf niet bezig. It's a part-time job and if you give those people at Planning & Control a finger, they will take your arm, body and legs as well. Anyway... Nigeria is one corrupt and nasty place. It was election time over there and there were a lot of bombings and lots of violence over there. I am glad to be home safe and sound! Of course I wasn't in direct danger, but still! Did you know that if for some reason the flight to LOS is delayed at Schiphol for a significant amount of time, we can't leave anymore?! They will cancel it. That's because we have to arrive in LOS when it is still light outside, or it would be too dangerous to leave the airport to go to the hotel. So put this in your notebooks: avoid Nigeria at all costs if you have a choice! Seriously! Did anyone ever receive on of those emails from an unknown person saying that they are the wife, son, daughter of some prince or president and they have this large sum of money in an account and they need your help to transfer it? Well, those things are from Nigerians!

When I put on my PC and I saw the amounts of comments and emails... all I can say is... Wow! I'm touched by all these reactions I received via the comments and via email. You know, I knew there were people all over the world reading my weblog, but I've also learned there are those 'invisible' people as well. You know... those who don't leave a comment, but are reading my posts everyday. I have to say I didn't expect to get so many reactions in favour of me continuing this little blog I started over 2 years ago. Many you of you were right. It is craziness and stupid to stop a hobby that I like, because 1 commentator left a stupid remark. There is an old saying that goes: "Sticks and stones may hurt my bones, but words can't hurt me". Nice saying, but not quite true all the time. It should be: "Sticks and stone may hurt your bones, but words can hurt your heart". At the end of the day, I'm only human. But put it in perspective... whomever he/she was... he/she doesn't know me. So at the end of the day all that counts is what I think, my family thinks and my loved ones think. Anybody else can think what they want.

That being said, I have to say that out of all the comments and emails there was one that stood out... an email from one of those readers, I wasn't even aware of. You know... one of those invisible readers, I talked about. So, I would like to thank Dhr. Andy S., for bringing to me some wisdom and insight. I appreciated very much. Dank je.

What does this all mean? What am I trying to say? Well... 4 words... Bitches, I am back!

Stay tuned...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atta boy!

1.5.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

1.5.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're welcome and remember you've all the love of your family and friends around you and that matters the most... we will stayed tuned..
Andy

1.5.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zo ken ik je weer gozer!

1.5.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! We won! BTW you looked like mess this morning when you came off the flight with those red, puffy looking eyes. Sorry, it had to be said!

Oh and BTW, I think I am heading to Capetown on behalf of BA next month. I just heard it about an hour ago. Wanna tag along? Could be fun. We'll talk about it tomorrow.

Lesley

1.5.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik ben blij dat he hebt besloten om door te gaan. Hoe was de Lagos Sheraton? Prachtig hotel niet waar? Jammer dat die land zo corrupt is.

Lies

1.5.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-D Was there even any doubt, bro?

Junior

1.5.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home