Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stijlloos?

Today was just not my day. I got up on the wrong side of the bed, so to speak. First of all Adecco was late with my salary... again! It had to be on my account since Monday, but nothing! So I was already pissed.

I work in Amstelveen, so to get there I bike it 10 minuted to Rotterdam Centraal Station, where I take the Intercity to Schiphol and the bus to Amstelveen. It's sounds complicated, but in about 1 hour and 15 minutes I am on my job and I avoided all the traffic jam between Rotterdam-Den Haag-Amsterdam. I get up in the mornig, shower, have a cup of coffee, make my lunch, get dressed and leave the house about 06.30. At Centraal, I buy a coffee and a croissant at C'est du Pain or Kiosk and around 07.10 I am on a train to Schiphol. This morning however, I woke up to find my bike was flat. Damn! Driving to Centraal is not an option, because parking is hell and expensive. So I took the metro. Of course I already missed my train. I called the office and left a message on the answering machine that I would be 20-30 minutes late. There was a meeting at 08.30.

Anyway I arrived at 09.00 exact and my Unit Manager (Ricardo K.) starts working my last nerve about arriving late for an important meeting. I didn't even bother to answer him. I got an instant headache.

At lunch I grabbed my tuna sandwich and jumped on the bus to Schiphol, because I was going to give Adecco a piece of my mind. And that's exactly what I did. When I was done with the guy, he was almost in tears. The vestigingsmanager came out with her big mouth telling me some sh*t about she was going to call security. Have you ever?! That b*tch!!! I let her have it as well. Look, I am a patient person, but dont 'F' around with me. Mistakes can happen... sure... but when EVERY month my salary is late... awel no! Momma taught me well. Fight for your rights. Long story short... my money should be in by tomorrow. If not.... let me not even go there.

Back at the office, Ricardo was on my back the whole time, about this project and that problem and loads of ridiculous stuff. I know my job and do it well. I hate to have someone nagging behind me the whole time. Then something happened and I couldn't take it anymore... I just blew up. I don't even remember what I said, but there were nasty things. And then he started trowing words at me too. When you see me get tears in my eyes, don't think I am crying... I am then very very angry and beyond control. I just see black!

I just remember him saying something like 'lul', 'flikker' and 'geen stijl'. Oh-hell-to-the no! I can't remember what I said, but I do remember 'vieze vuile mieren neuker', 'matennaaier', 'kankerhoer' and 'stijlloze tering klootzak' to name a few. It was not pretty and everyone was frightened. I mean Ricardo is a very quiet guy and I never, never let my emotions get out of control. AF doesn't tolerate that kind of behavior! Raymond had to force me back into the office and he tried to calm me down, but I threw everything in my bag, grabbed my laptop and left the office and headed back home. Later my brother came over and he is the one who calmed me down.

Now I am ashamed of myself and at my behavior and it was all for nothing. Van een mug een olifant, as they say. Ricardo is the best boss anyone can wish for and I regret everything that was said. It also disturbed the peace in the office and got other people upset. It goes to show you that when your mood isn't good what can happen. My bad luck was, that not only my mood wasn't good yesterday, but Ricardo's mood was 0,0% as well! Oh well.... in the morning I'll go with my tail between my legs and apoligize. I was wrong and Ricardo is definitely not stijlloos.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
An old picture of Ricardo and me last year

Goodnight!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone in the business, all I can say is that that was not professionalism at all. No matter how bad your mood the way to go is cool, calm and collected. You say AF doesn't tolerate that, but what do you think of BA?! Now that being said, we've been friends for more than 6 years now and I know you well. So let's just say, it wasn't your day. You live, you learn, you grow.

Call me tomorrow.

P.S: Adecco? You go, girl!

Lesley

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik schrok me kapot. Ik wist niet wat aan de hand was en al dat geschreeuw. Rico ging 5 minuten na jou ook weg. IEDEREEN bleef erover praten, joh.

Brenda

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEE! Be ik er een keer niet en dan gebeurt er dit! Dit zou ik wel eens mee willen maken!!

Dennis

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhm... jij nooit boos, Mitchellman? Herinner je LOS nog, een paar jaar terug? Of vergeet je dingen zo snel.

Werk ze morgen.

Rob.

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah!!!!!! Lol!!! I forgot all about Lagos! I nearly shit my pants! Now I can laugh about it, but then....

Les

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lagos? I am curious!! Tell me more!

Micheline

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach we hebben allemaal mindere dagen. We zijn ook maar mens, toch?

Janine

26.4.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oeps... :(
Uhm... Take carefull of your job boy. Sometimes one should just guli i manda abou.

26.4.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home