Born To Shine
Oh what a night... last night R., Lesley, Lisa-Marie (Lesley's girlfriend), Junior, Mandy and I had dinner at my parents house in Dordt. It's something we do once in a while, like I wrote in my last post. Anyway, Mom made fish & funchi (Aruban dish), so it was delicious! I never had a conventional mother... she was always a career woman and she hates to cook. So I guess you know where I got that from! Lol! Anyway as you know, my Mom works at Royal Dutch Philips in Eindhoven as a Product Analyst in R&D (Research & Development).

Philips - Sense & Simplicity
Her specialty is LCD and Plasma TV's which are manufactured by LG.Philips under the brand LG (Lucky Geumseong). A backcronym nowadays for LG is Life's Good. These are not sold in Holland, but only in the USA and Asia. So Mom travels to Atlanta, Roselle, Tampa (USA), Shanghai, Suzhou (China), Seoul, Daegu (South Korea) and Toa Payoh (Singapore) very often. Those are the locations where these flatscreens are manufactured.

LG.Philips
Why am I telling you this? Well after we ate, we were sitting around, talking about what was going on in our lives and the places we travel and the things that happen in strange countries. All of a sudden my mother gets up and takes this plastic sack and takes out these boxes and hands one to each one of us. It was a box from LG. When we opened it, we all started jumping up and down like little children! You know what my mother gave R., Lesley, Lisa-Marie, Junior, Mandy and me? A brandnew LG KE970... better known as the Shine! Zomaar! We couldn't believe it! I wish I walked with my camera so you could see everyone faces!! It was incredible! Of course she didn't buy them, but LG Group gave them to her as gift, when she was in Seoul 2 weeks ago for a meeting. She knows the people over there well. Who cares?! I like! Once again... THANKS MOM! Love you!



LG KE970 "Shine"
As you can imagine, that made our evening and we all happily headed to our homes. What a great evening it was yesterday. Well now I have 3 phones... my Motorola RAZR, my Nokia I got from AFC to hook-up on the laptop to internet anywhere in the world and now my Shine!

My 3 phones
Of course I cannot forget to mention my "De Puta Madre" T-shirt I got from my buddy Lesley. No worries... "De Puta Madre" is a famous Belgian brand that is sold all over the world. They are T-shirts with 'provocative' slogans and logos. So Lesley was in Manchester last week for a meeting at British Airways and he got me the following...


5UCK MY D1CK by De Puta Madre
I had a t-shirt like it already, but I forgot it in a hotel once, somewhere in China or Japan... I don't remember. Anyway, I always said I wanted it replaced, but I never found it. But Lesley brought it back for me all the way from Manchester. Thanks, buddy!
Oh well... time for me to do something for the day. Let me call some friends and see by whom I can invite myself to dinner tonight. Yes... I am inviting myself. Who wants to take a hungry man in their house this evening? Lesley? Mohammed? Liebeth? Dennis? The other Dennis? Koen? Anyone?! Don't even try to screen my calls, Ill hunt all you down like dogs in the woods! :-)

Philips - Sense & Simplicity
Her specialty is LCD and Plasma TV's which are manufactured by LG.Philips under the brand LG (Lucky Geumseong). A backcronym nowadays for LG is Life's Good. These are not sold in Holland, but only in the USA and Asia. So Mom travels to Atlanta, Roselle, Tampa (USA), Shanghai, Suzhou (China), Seoul, Daegu (South Korea) and Toa Payoh (Singapore) very often. Those are the locations where these flatscreens are manufactured.

LG.Philips
Why am I telling you this? Well after we ate, we were sitting around, talking about what was going on in our lives and the places we travel and the things that happen in strange countries. All of a sudden my mother gets up and takes this plastic sack and takes out these boxes and hands one to each one of us. It was a box from LG. When we opened it, we all started jumping up and down like little children! You know what my mother gave R., Lesley, Lisa-Marie, Junior, Mandy and me? A brandnew LG KE970... better known as the Shine! Zomaar! We couldn't believe it! I wish I walked with my camera so you could see everyone faces!! It was incredible! Of course she didn't buy them, but LG Group gave them to her as gift, when she was in Seoul 2 weeks ago for a meeting. She knows the people over there well. Who cares?! I like! Once again... THANKS MOM! Love you!



LG KE970 "Shine"
As you can imagine, that made our evening and we all happily headed to our homes. What a great evening it was yesterday. Well now I have 3 phones... my Motorola RAZR, my Nokia I got from AFC to hook-up on the laptop to internet anywhere in the world and now my Shine!

My 3 phones
Of course I cannot forget to mention my "De Puta Madre" T-shirt I got from my buddy Lesley. No worries... "De Puta Madre" is a famous Belgian brand that is sold all over the world. They are T-shirts with 'provocative' slogans and logos. So Lesley was in Manchester last week for a meeting at British Airways and he got me the following...


5UCK MY D1CK by De Puta Madre
I had a t-shirt like it already, but I forgot it in a hotel once, somewhere in China or Japan... I don't remember. Anyway, I always said I wanted it replaced, but I never found it. But Lesley brought it back for me all the way from Manchester. Thanks, buddy!
Oh well... time for me to do something for the day. Let me call some friends and see by whom I can invite myself to dinner tonight. Yes... I am inviting myself. Who wants to take a hungry man in their house this evening? Lesley? Mohammed? Liebeth? Dennis? The other Dennis? Koen? Anyone?! Don't even try to screen my calls, Ill hunt all you down like dogs in the woods! :-)
11 Comments:
Life's Good. Jealous!
G.J.L.
USA
Ik heb die Shine in de winkel gezien. een erg mooie toestel die je ook als spiegel kan begruiken. Het is de opvolger van de Chocolate. Mooi cadeau, hoor!
Miekesch
Love that T-shirt! Do you mean it? 'Cause I'm wiling! Serious!
James G.
Hartford
@ James: That was in bad taste, you skank!
L.
@ James: You sure put the "Puta" in "De Puta MAdre".
Junior
Okay, Jun-Jun, that one was good! Lol!
Glad you like your "T", Ryan and I am sure loving my phone. I just enjoy that scroll button! Your mom is the bomb! Lisa is also exstatic about hers. And no... I ain't cooking for you. Find someone else. Hunt me down all you like, you hungry @ss, nigga!
Les
Uhm, nee, Niet hier! Eet maar bij iemand anders! Lol!
Lies
Ik eet vandaag Couscous. Je bent van harte welkom! Maaruh... alleen als je ook zo'n gsm voor me meeneemt, natuurlijk! Anders blijf je maar lekker thuis.
Moh
Je hebt geluk dat je zo'n lieve moeder hebt. Mijn ma is ook lief, maar zij werkt bij de bakker. Het enige wat ik krijg is af en toe een halve volkoren brood....
Natalia v/d Giessen
wahahahahah
halve volkorenbroood
hahahahahahah NATALIA jij bent grappig hahahahahahaha
Nou ik wil geen mobiel ik wil geen brood. Ik wil vriendin van Junior worden en Milan wordt mijn zoontje.
klaar
Looks like you have a secret admirer Jun-jun. What would Mandy think about that??? Lol!
Les
Post a Comment
<< Home