Tur cos BON atrobe
So after I came back from LIM, I spent Sunday and Monday with R. in Bonaire. We didn't do much... just hung around the beach and pool, walked around Kralendijk, I read my book and did some work for AFC. At night we ate at Captain Ron and at Tipsy Seagull with R's friend Britta.
Monday evening I took my stuff and left the Divi and moved back to Plaza. R. and Britta had to do their excursion flight to Quito UIO and Guayaquil GYE on the KL753 and when they arrive back in BON, I would be relieving them to continue the trip to Amsterdam AMS. Because the K753 leaves at 03.00 in the morning, I left to give them some time to rest. You would think that those excursion flight are easy, but they are not! They are tiresome... especially the LIM!
When I got up the next morning at Plaza, I washed some clothes in the laundromat not too far from the hotel and then started packing my bags. We had calling at 13.00. I just made sure my uniform was ironed and ready and then I went back to bed to sleep for 2 hours. I woke up, showered, shaved, put on my clothes and headed to the lobby. I met a few new faces who were flying back with us. You see, the same crew you fly down with, is not always the same crew you fly back with. The cockpit crew flew back 12 hours before on the KL742. Remy and Jan-Willen were flying 3 days later on the KL754 with R. and Britta. It's a whole complicated schedule, so I won't even bother to explain.
The bus picked us up, dropped us off at the airport where we were briefed by Flight Dispatch. The flights was full. 279 passengers were from transit Ecuador and the rest were getting on in BON. We had 5 IPB-ers on standby and if necessary the Captain would leave 2 of them jump-seat with us. We went through immigration and security and waited for our flight to land.
After it landed, all the transit passengers deplaned and the crew started to disembark. R. and Britta too of course. We talked quickly, said goodbye and they went inside the airport and I boarded the Marie Curie to start the fligh prep. I heard the agent from Bonaire Aviation Services ask the Purser if she could send the wheelchair passengers. The Purser okayed it and soon after the boarding process started. There were no-shows, so all 5 IPB-ers got on. There was not 1 seat left open.

2 clowns, with my crew going on board in the background

PH-KCC - Marie Curie
And so we said goodbye to BON.

Ayo!
The flight was cool. I worked my @ss off in the cabin from row 18 to 40. Because we had heavy tailwinds we made it to AMS in 8h15m! We landed at Schiphol around 04.20, which was fabulous. We debriefed, shook hands and we all went our own way. I took the train home, showered and went straight to bed until around 15.00.

In-flight BON-AMS

Arrival at SPL
The people at AFC PZ (Personeelszaken) called me at 15.00 for an emergency meeting at 17.00 in Rijswijk. Drama! I was jet-lagged like crazy and coukd hardly concentrate on the meeting. As soon as I was home I slept until the next morning.


Me at AFC. Picture was taken by my crazy friend Dennis
Monday my parents are going to take a cruise to celebrate their anniversary. So I am excited for them. Also I have to babysit my nephew tonight, because my brother is going to London for his job and his girlfriend needs has to work. I am always happy to babysit that sweet child of mine. Junior will be dropping him by later on, so I guess my Monday will be spent changing poopie diapers and looking at a DVD with R.
All the photo's from the flight, lay-over and other stuff can be viewed here. Enjoy! Submap: Bonaire2007. Enjoy and remember the rules!
Happy weekend everyone and be good! Oh yeah, and today is Arubadag! Wie gaat ermee naar Amsterdam?!

Happy Arubaday to all Arubianos!
8 Comments:
Pabien Ryan. Enjoy Arubadag for me. I have to work.
Jenny
No AUA-dag voor me unfortunately. But enjoy it for me and eat a pastechi and drink a red Nesbitt on my behalf.
AC
Pabien riba bo dia!
Ik wist niet dat jullie je eigen dag hadden. In ieder geval gefeliciteerd. Ik ben alsnog uit mijn standby gehaald. Ik heb morgen een vlucht van 3 sectors, namelijk AMS-CDG-AMS-GLA. Dinsdag vlieg ik GLA-AMS-HEL-AMS. Dan 4 dagen vrij voor de lange GRU.
Ciao
Veel plezier in A'dam!
Gerard
Dank je wel. Arubadag was wederom leuk. Leukste vind ik om al die gezichten te zien die ik in zo'n lange tijd niet gezien heb.
Maar goed. Ik ga douchen. Straks komt mijn broertje met mijn neefje en dan ga ik gauw naar bed. Ik ben dood op.
Ryan
Ryan, you are bad, bad, bad!
We spreken morgen op kntoor wel! Lol!
Raymond
Arubadag tawata great ma tende!!
Jenny
Post a Comment
<< Home