Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hectic day yesterday!

Since I was at SPL today I passed by Planning & Assignment (also known as crewco) and spoke to Ralph S., my new RSA. I knew him already, because he used to be a SA (Service Agent) at SPL/PH and then GA (Gate Agent) at SPL/PG. He got my flight changed for an earlier date. So Accra ACC is out and Bonaire BON is in for Thursday. Dank je Ralphie-boy! I'm going to BON with an excursion flight to Lima LIM and back. I'm glad I'm getting a chance to do the LIM segment, because as of the summer schedule the LIM flights will no longer stop in Bonaire. The flights will be carried out non-stop on the 777. That's not a problem for me, because I'm also 777 type-rated. KLM-ers are not happy with the lost of the BON flight, because it is getting harder to bid on them now. The only thing that now remains is the UIO/GYE flights. I couldn't care less. Why should I go to BON, if I can go Aruba AUA? I was at Schiphol today and I read on our slip-site that AUA flights are also being rerouted. 2x weekly AMS-AUA-AMS, 2 x weekly AMS-SXM-AUA-AMS and 1x weekly AMS-BON-AUA-AMS. In all 5 cases the crew will lay-over in AUA. Didn't expect that, I have to say...

But you know what is seriously funny? This is my schedule...

THU  8 Mar 09:10 KL0741 6/6 M11 AMS-BON 10:50-20:50 (53)
FRI  9 Mar BONAIRE 46:55
SAT 10 Mar KL0741 M11 BON-LIM 21:55-01:45
SUN 11 Mar KL0742 M11 LIM-BON 03:20-07:10
MON 12 Mar BONAIRE 34:40
TUE 13 Mar 05:30 KL0754 M11 BON-AMS 20:00-05:00
 
... and this is R's schedule...

THU  8 Mar RV
FRI  9 Mar RV
SAT 10 Mar 09:10 KL0741 6/6 M11 AMS-BON 10:50-20:50 (53) V+
SUN 11 Mar BONAIRE 59:05
MON 12 Mar BONAIRE
TUE 13 Mar KL0753 M11 BON-GYE 10:20-13:10
TUE 13 Mar KL0754 M11 GYE-UIO 14:10-15:00
TUE 13 Mar KL0754 M11 UIO-BON 16:15-18:50
WED 14 Mar BONAIRE 35:40
THU 15 Mar 17:55 KL0742 M11 BON-AMS 08:20-17:25

Can you see it? Well let me explain... Saturday the 10th, when I go to LIM and back, I am actually relieveing R. and another friend of ours! Lol! They are coming in on the 741 from AMS and I relieve them on board and continue to LIM. I didn't even realize this, because I thought R. was doing BON until next week Saturday. I thought he had a Seoul ICN this week, but I switched th dates around. So when I told R. I was heading to LIM on Saturday, he said "Man! Je lost Bri en mij af! We zullen een paar dagen samen op BON zijn"! Well... I am exstatic about that. The only thing is that we are staying at Plaza and R. and Bri at the Divi. The one thing that I don't like is that I'm returning on the754, because it's a daytime flight and its hard work everyone told me. The 742 is a piece of cake, because it's a nighttime flight and everyone is sleeping. Oh well... het kan niet altijd feest zijn, toch?

After Ralph fixed up my schedule, we took a bus to Schiphol-oost where there was the final farewell ceremony for the lasts 767-300ER airplane from KLM fleet. It's last flight was to/from Washington IAD on March 3rd. After 10 years it's over for the 767. The aircraft in question was PH-BZK "Zeelandbrug". It was kinda boring actually. Speech, food, drink and a last walk on board the plane.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PH-BZK
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Farewell ceremony
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Going on board
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Flight deck
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ralph
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Just like this PH-BZA, the PH-BZK will be painted in Zoom colors and be shipped off to Canada. All the above pics are from Ralph S. Thank you for giving me permission to use them.

I didn't stay long, because I had a dinner party in Amsterdam to celebrate my co-worker Ricardo 10 year employment at AF. Because Lesley lives so close to Amsterdam I showered and changed at his house and took the train to Amsterdam Centraal. I decided to leave the car at home, because I was planning to drink a little. I am very careful with drinking and driving, because those of you who are reading my blog for a while now, know that I was involved in a car accident last year that put me in the hospital and killed my co-worker Winston van der Horst ( R.I.P.) at the age of 29. The trial against the now 19 year old girl is still going on as we speak, so I'm not going to talk about it. But drinking & driving is a big no no!

Anyway Ricardo only invited 5 other people to this dinner. Raymond, Henk, Rob, Dennis and me. It was fun! The food was great, the wine was excellent... it was just great fun. Ricardo is the Manager Information Technology. I love this guy! He is so open and friendly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ricardo & Raymond
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Appetizer
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dennis & Rob
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Raymond
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The whole group. Let me tell you what we all do withinn AFC Holland: Ryan (Lead Consultant Asia Specialist), Dennis (Associate Consultant team #2), Rob (Lead Consultant Engineering & Maintenance), Raymond (Executive Consultant), Ricardo (Managing Consultant Information Technology) and Henk (Lead Consultant European Specialist)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shrimps! Hmmmmm!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dessert! Lekker hoor!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After dinner, we all took a stroll through Amsterdam before heading home

Around 23.00 Dennis and I took the train to Dordrecht. All-in-all a very hectic, full but very fun day with co-workers. Nogmaals van harte gefeliciteerd met je 10-jarige jubileum, Ricardo!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inderdaad. In plaats van 13 wekelijkse vluchten naar BON worden het er nu maar 6. Voor de MD11-ers is het heel jammer. Aruba is ook heel leuk hoor. Rennaisance Island en Paddock!

Lies

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nou het is niet dat AUA niet leuk is of dat BON leuker is dan AUA! Het is puur dat AUA veel en veel duurder is dan BON en zelfs CUR! Weet je wel wat een Amstel of Heineken kost in AUA? te gek voor woorden!

Maar Paddock is inderdaad cool. Eén van de koks daar is mijn neef.

Gerard

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Als ik op Aruba ben, verblijf ik bij een vriendin in Ayo. Weet je waar ik nu ben?! Op Aruba bij mijn vriendin in Ayo! Hahahahahaha! Suckers!!!!

Marcia Kramers

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B*tch! Je hoeft het echt niet in te wrijven hoor. Ik heb een 6-daagse BIP week voor de boeg, beginnende met SVG en eindigend met EDI.

Veel plezier collega (ook al weet ik niet wie je bent!)

Lies

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWzers! 3 posts in a row! I am liking it! Just like the good old times!

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ja de Caribbean wordt uitsluitend MD11 territorium. Dus de CA's die geen MD11 als wisselkist hebben, hebben dikke pech. Zoals ik... met mijn A330. Ik had tenminste nog kan op CUR met de 747, maar zelfs dat is weg.

K.

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zal er dan helemaal geen 747 meer naar de Nederlandse Antiillen en Aruba vliegen?

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope! Caribbean is all MD11 with the new 3-3-3 configuration. BUT... there will be PTV's!

Les

7.3.07  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dank je well collega!

Ricardo

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aruba is duur... voor toeristen. Voor lokale mensen is AUA niet zo duur. Je moet gewoon weten wat je waar kan doen. Ik ben een 'makamba' maar ik ben op Aruba opgegroeid. Ik heb jarenlang op Beatrix gewerkt en heb met Air Aruba gevlogen. Arub is gewoon te doen. Maar veel KLM CA's die blijven de hele reis aam elkaar klingen. Maak een lokale vriend en vriendin en de rest heb je gewoon voor elkaar. Ik ben Nederlandse, maar in mijn hart ben ik Arubaan.

Ik vind het jammer dat mijn wisselkist de 777 is. Ik kom niet eens dichtbij de Caribische gebied.
Gelukkig heb je altijd IPB.

Jens

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dames en heren, een hele warme bon bini op ...! Ryan, denk je dat de Purser jou de welkom speech in Papiaments laat doen? Robin heeft me een keer verteld dat hij het mocht doen toen hij op CUR landde.

Moh

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iedereen mag een welkom speech doen als ze dat willen. De P. doet daar niet zo moeilijk over. Je hoeft maar te vragen vóór de landing. Je mag dan soms zelf in de PWS zitten.

Lies

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sommige P's zijn wel b*tches hoor. Sorry voor de taal. Maar toen ik nog vloog had ik een keer een vluckt naar JRO op de 767 en de P en AP waren 2 luie sekreten. De P zat de hele tijd in de cockpit te flirten met de CoCo en de AP was zelfs te lui om een koffiekan bij te vullen. En toen had ze zelfs de lef om opmerkingen te hebben over mijn kleding. Ze schreef een negatieve brief naar de UM en ik moest op gesprek komen.

Ik heb precies gezegd hoe het zat. Een paar maanden later zat ze toevallig op mijn MIA (KLM vloog toen nog naar MIA). Opeens heel poeslief etc. B*tch!

Richard

7.3.07  
Blogger Traveller said...

@ Richard: Let op de taal. Ik heb je post niet gedelete, maar ge-edit. Gebruik (*) en niet hele woorden. Ik probeer de blog een beetje vrienelijk te houden, anders kan ik problemen krijgen met AF, KL en Blogspot

Ryan

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik heb Raymond in het echt gezien en ik vind hem een lekker ding met die kale kop en strkke lijf van hem!

Koekje

7.3.07  
Blogger Traveller said...

@ Koekje: Ik weet niet wie je bent, maar ik neem aan dat je een vriend/vriendin vam me bent. Ik zal het doorgeven aan Ray. Ramond is marinier geweest op Aruba en Curaçao. Vandaar die strakke body.

Begint je naam met een F?

7.3.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good one tomorrow buddy. Take it easy on those Amstel Brights. I heard those KLM stories from Robin and Angelo!

Les

7.3.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home