Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What is RTW?

As I mentioned yesterday, I had to meet friends in Rotterdam to go book a vacation together. However Thomas got stuck at his job, so I decided to go to work first and after work meet up to go to the travel agant. So said... so done. After work I met R. and Thomas (Tommy) at Rotterdam Centraal and from there we took the metro to Zuidplein.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Metro
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thomas

After we arrived there, we went to D-Reizen where our friend Nadia Versteeg works in the IATA department. If you are going to book a trip, why not give the comission to a friend? You see, I wasn't going anywhere for the Christmas holidays, because I had to work, Dad also had to work, Mom was going Turkey and Junior was going to spend it with his girlfriend.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
D-Reizen Zuidplein

However, when I was sick, my friend Tommy (R's cousin) dropped by for a visit and we were talking about travel etc. You have to know that Tommie is my financial guy. He is my financial advisor... he does my taxes, manages my finances and he's the one who tells me if I can afford a vaction or not. Lol! He has his own company together with his brother, Hans. Anyway while talking about travelling and stuff, he asked why we don't do something for the holidays. He said that since I was getting my December bonus from AFC, I could afford to go on holiday. You know me..... I love a vacation! So we kept talking and talking and R. got involved and slowly but surely we made a whole plan. We called other people and asked who was interested in going. R. called Nadia at D-Reizen to inform about the possibilities and we decided to do a RTW trip. What's a RTW? I'll let the readers guess and I'll tell you tomorrow.

After the trip was booked an paid for, we headed to La Place and had dinner there. From there we said goodbye and headed home.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Winkelcentrum Zuidplein in Rotterdam

Okay... if someone has aviational and a little bit of reservations & ticketing knowledge, they should be able to figure out certain things.

1- How many people are going on the trip
2- Which airlines we are flying
3- Which destinations
4- Which dates
5- Price

Click to enlarge. If not big enough keep clicking untill it is the right size.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Ik ben benieuwd. Bye-bye, y'all! Gotta go to work.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leuk dat je weer op vakantie gaat, maar ik heb geen idee wat een RTW is en wat die wartaal is op die papier.

Miekesch

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik begrijp er geen snars van. Is dat code taal ofzo?

Gert

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik zie wel de namen De Geus, Mitchell, Prade, Van Luyn, Toewar en Peterson, maar voor de rest weet ik het echt niet!

H v.M.

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Het is een makkie jongens. Ten eerste is deze reservering gemaakt in Worldspan, wat je aan de '1P' code ziet.

1) Er gaan 6 mensen mee op deze vakantie. Namelijk Dhr. de Gues, Dhr. Mitchell, Dhr. Prade, Mw. van Luyn, Dhr. Toewar en Dhr. Peterson.

2) Jullie vliegen met verschillende airlines, wel voornamleijk van SkyTeam.
Amsterdam-Newark met KLM/Northwest
Newark-Los Angeles met Continental
Los Angeles-Hong Kong met Northwest
Hong Kong-Bangkok met China Airlines
Bangkok-Singapore met Swiss International
Singapore-Parijs met Air France
Parijs-Amsterdam met Air France/KLM

3) Amsterdam-Newark-Los Angeles-Hong Kong-Bangkok-Singapore-Paris-Amsterdam

4)De reis begint op 23 December en eindigt op 3 Januari.

5) De prijs is 1999,- Euro per persoon en is gebaseerd op de SkyTeam RTW fare. Normaal gesproken is de fare basis van een SkyTeam RTW 1560,-, maar omdat jullie vanaf Hong Kong niet direct naar Parijs of Amsterdam doorvliegen wordt het duurder. Jullie hebben 2 segmenten in laten zetten met Bangkok en Singapore... met airlines die niet bij SkyTeam horen (China Airlines en Swiss), dus moesten jullie bijbetalen.

Ik heb veel RTW's geboekt, maar tot nu toe waren KLM Globetrotter, Star Alliance's RTW de goedkopere opties. Nu heeft SkyTeam een RTWSKY4 fare basis die ook goedkoop is. Goede keuze gemaakt!

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ding, ding, ding!!! Bingo... Danny is right!! Wat is de prijs? Ha ha ha!

Fred

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ja, maar wat is RTW?????? Dat weet ik nog steeds niet?

Stefanie

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same thing I was wondering. I hate you Ryan! First Lesley was going Sint Maarten with me, but now he is going with you. :-(

Hahahaha!

Micheline

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is RTW? I still don't get it. I don't read Dutch, but I kind of figured out what Denny was writing. But the meaning from RTW I don't get. Is it something Dutch?

Greg

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RTW means Round The World.
RTW betekent Round The World.

We gaan letterlijk rond de wereld vliegen... constant in the westerlijke richting. RTW's zijn heel popular geworden tegenwoordig en met zo'n goedkope prijs en met mijn vriend en 4 goede vrienden, kon ik het niet laten schieten.

Get it?

Robin

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnx!!

Greg

5.12.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lekker hoor om met de feestdagen op vakantie te gaan. Vorig jaar heb ik het ook gedaan. Ik heb samen met mijn vriedje een hotel kamer genomen in Brussel en het was heerlijk!

Annie

6.12.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home