A looooong day!
Today was a very busy day for me! I went to work this morning at 07.00, because at 07.30 we had a emergency meeting. From there it was to Schiphol with Dennis, where we had to work on a project at General Electric Engine Services. It is actually a joint venture between KLM and General Electric. I can't discuss the details of the project, but what I can say is that we were received with open arms by the GE/KLM staff. Later that afternoon we were invited to join the employee Christmas dinnner they were having. Fun, fun, fun!

Warming up the food

Me getting everyone coffee

Metin Yilmazer. He’s the Teamleader of the D-shift

Rob Doekhi and me. Rob is an Engineer and I’ve known him for quite a while already. He has helped us out on numerous projects in the past


Dinner time!

Ricardo Kesarlal (team #2) and me. I just love this guy! He is so funny!
After GE, I rushed over to Rijswijk to pick up my Christmas gift I got from the company. Once again Air France Consulting gave us nice, expensive gifts I must say. And since I have a new house it is just perfect!




My Christmas gift; a electric grill, a blender and a box full of snacks and stuff. Thanks AFC!
From Rijswijk I drove to my house in Rotterdam, where R. was already waiting in case the people from CarpetRight came. They didn't arrive as yet but I did find me new name plate for my mailbox in the mail.

Nameplate for the mailbox
A few minutes later a yellow van pulled up in front of my building... they had arrived.

CarpetRight people have arrived

The vinyl I ordered
So while the 2 men were at work, R. and me had coffee in the kitchen. He was getting the paperwork for our vacation ready and I was reading some stuff for work.

C’est moi dans la cuisine avec une tasse de café et d’un livre

R. preparing the travel documents
It took 2 hours, but the men did a great job. After I paid them, they left.

Busy laying the vinyl



The floor is done! I like!
R. also left, because he had to go to his parents and I had to go shopping for new sneakers. My old pair of Nikes were totally worn out. Since it was shopping night in Rotterdam, I headed to Foot Locker in Zuidplein, where bought myself a pair of Nikes. Ideal for all the walking I'll have to be doing on my RTW trip.

New sneakers
They also had Adidas track suits on sale, so I also bought one. Looking good, or not?

Adidas & Nike
From Zuidplein, I went to R's house and took his car and headed to IKEA in Barendrecht, where I had to buy some last minute Christmas gift for some people. From Barendrecht I headed to my house, did some last minute things and then headed to R's house to drop-off his car. From there I took the metro/train to Dordrecht.

IKEA gifts
Now I have to pack, because tomorrow I am off to New York!
Laterz!

Warming up the food

Me getting everyone coffee

Metin Yilmazer. He’s the Teamleader of the D-shift

Rob Doekhi and me. Rob is an Engineer and I’ve known him for quite a while already. He has helped us out on numerous projects in the past


Dinner time!

Ricardo Kesarlal (team #2) and me. I just love this guy! He is so funny!
After GE, I rushed over to Rijswijk to pick up my Christmas gift I got from the company. Once again Air France Consulting gave us nice, expensive gifts I must say. And since I have a new house it is just perfect!




My Christmas gift; a electric grill, a blender and a box full of snacks and stuff. Thanks AFC!
From Rijswijk I drove to my house in Rotterdam, where R. was already waiting in case the people from CarpetRight came. They didn't arrive as yet but I did find me new name plate for my mailbox in the mail.

Nameplate for the mailbox
A few minutes later a yellow van pulled up in front of my building... they had arrived.

CarpetRight people have arrived

The vinyl I ordered
So while the 2 men were at work, R. and me had coffee in the kitchen. He was getting the paperwork for our vacation ready and I was reading some stuff for work.

C’est moi dans la cuisine avec une tasse de café et d’un livre

R. preparing the travel documents
It took 2 hours, but the men did a great job. After I paid them, they left.

Busy laying the vinyl



The floor is done! I like!
R. also left, because he had to go to his parents and I had to go shopping for new sneakers. My old pair of Nikes were totally worn out. Since it was shopping night in Rotterdam, I headed to Foot Locker in Zuidplein, where bought myself a pair of Nikes. Ideal for all the walking I'll have to be doing on my RTW trip.

New sneakers
They also had Adidas track suits on sale, so I also bought one. Looking good, or not?

Adidas & Nike
From Zuidplein, I went to R's house and took his car and headed to IKEA in Barendrecht, where I had to buy some last minute Christmas gift for some people. From Barendrecht I headed to my house, did some last minute things and then headed to R's house to drop-off his car. From there I took the metro/train to Dordrecht.

IKEA gifts
Now I have to pack, because tomorrow I am off to New York!
Laterz!
5 Comments:
Ziet er goed uit Meneer Mitchell. Ik zie je morgen op Schiphol. Slaap ze voor strakkies!
XxX Brenda
Nice legs! Nice tattoo. Tribal? I think you are hot! Lol!
H.
See you at the airport tomorrow. We'll meet in front of the NS balie.
Les
Ik was gisteren toevallig ook naar IKEA, maar wel die ene in Breda. Druk man!
Giel
Hoi schat,
alvast een fijne reis toegewenst voor morgen! En doe voorzichtig hè! De groeten aan Robin!
Lies
Post a Comment
<< Home