Busy Sunday
Today I was also doing some work on my house in Rotterdam. Around 08.30, R. phoned me to inform me that he just landed at SPL from his Paramaribo trip. He was tired and was going straight to bed. I made myself some breakfast and waited for the plumber to come. They were there to install some designer radiators I ordered for the apartment. Yes... you can keep your house warm with style.

The plumbers have arrived

New radiator in the kitchen...

... and one in the bathroom
Things have been progressing good with my apartment, with some slight delays here and there. The contractors I hired to do the plumbing, electric re-wiring and bathroom have done a great job. My friend Mohamed also installed the shower cabin. I found it on sale at GAMMA from €499,- for €399,-! The faucet was €129,-. A great deal. Although Mohamed he has a busy schedule as a Second Officer on the 777, he still found the time to do me this favour. Thanks!

The shower cabin in the GAMMA paper

The floor of the shower cabin. The tiles on the wall are old. It has already been retiled by Dad

Here is the result. Nice, huh?
I also bought bathroom furniture with a face basin at IKEA for €590,- total. I mean... that's a bargain! I'm happy with the result.


Bathroom furniture. Shiny white and silver/chrome.
My Mom rented a trailer and went to Seats & Sofa's in Sliedrecht to pick up the leather sofa's I ordered a few months back. They are customed made for you and I really got an excellent deal from Seats & Sofa's, so I am happy.

Mom with the trailer hooked-up behind the car

Sofa is still wrapped in plastic

Mom in the livingroom. I have the best parents! They help me out with everything!
I want to move in by Christmas, but I'm not sure if I'll make it for that date. I don't want to live in an unfinished house. I'm not into that shit. When I go live in Rotterdam it will be ideal for work, because it's only 15 minutes away from Rijswijk with the train, 10 minutes from Rotterdam Airport and of course Rotterdam has more things to do than Dordrecht and R. will be living just across the Erasmusbrug... 10 minutes away. Now that the toilet, kitchen and bathroom are done, we will start with the hall and livingroom. Then we will finish with the two bedroom and I can lay the wooden floors throughout the whole house. It's coming to come!

View of the Erasmusbrug from my livingroom window
After working at my house, I had to pick up R's uniform at the dry-cleaners and then dropped it off at his house. He was fast asleep, so I just left.
Now I'm going to relax in front of the TV and later catch my bed. Work tomorrow morning again. Have a nice work week everyone!

The plumbers have arrived

New radiator in the kitchen...

... and one in the bathroom
Things have been progressing good with my apartment, with some slight delays here and there. The contractors I hired to do the plumbing, electric re-wiring and bathroom have done a great job. My friend Mohamed also installed the shower cabin. I found it on sale at GAMMA from €499,- for €399,-! The faucet was €129,-. A great deal. Although Mohamed he has a busy schedule as a Second Officer on the 777, he still found the time to do me this favour. Thanks!

The shower cabin in the GAMMA paper

The floor of the shower cabin. The tiles on the wall are old. It has already been retiled by Dad

Here is the result. Nice, huh?
I also bought bathroom furniture with a face basin at IKEA for €590,- total. I mean... that's a bargain! I'm happy with the result.


Bathroom furniture. Shiny white and silver/chrome.
My Mom rented a trailer and went to Seats & Sofa's in Sliedrecht to pick up the leather sofa's I ordered a few months back. They are customed made for you and I really got an excellent deal from Seats & Sofa's, so I am happy.

Mom with the trailer hooked-up behind the car

Sofa is still wrapped in plastic

Mom in the livingroom. I have the best parents! They help me out with everything!
I want to move in by Christmas, but I'm not sure if I'll make it for that date. I don't want to live in an unfinished house. I'm not into that shit. When I go live in Rotterdam it will be ideal for work, because it's only 15 minutes away from Rijswijk with the train, 10 minutes from Rotterdam Airport and of course Rotterdam has more things to do than Dordrecht and R. will be living just across the Erasmusbrug... 10 minutes away. Now that the toilet, kitchen and bathroom are done, we will start with the hall and livingroom. Then we will finish with the two bedroom and I can lay the wooden floors throughout the whole house. It's coming to come!

View of the Erasmusbrug from my livingroom window
After working at my house, I had to pick up R's uniform at the dry-cleaners and then dropped it off at his house. He was fast asleep, so I just left.
Now I'm going to relax in front of the TV and later catch my bed. Work tomorrow morning again. Have a nice work week everyone!
3 Comments:
The bathroom is lookin good Mr. Mitchell.
Graag gedaan hoor. Alles voor een vriend.
Moh
Love the shower stall!
Post a Comment
<< Home