Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bike accident

Today after work I went into the center of Dordrecht to buy a new sweater. I decided to go by bike, because parking in Dordt can sometimes be hell. Anyway after I bought my sweater, I jumped on the bike to head home. It was around 18.00 and already dark. Out of nowhere this guy on a scooter came from the right without lights and slammed into my bike. I was not hurt, but my brandnew bike of €700,- that I bought 5 months ago was a mess!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and my bike a few months back

But that's not the problem as my bike is insured, so it will either get fixed, or I'll get a new one... I'll find that out tomorrow. The problem is that at the time the guy slammed into me, I got flashback from the accident a few months ago. I never remembered the crash itself... I just didn't. I just remembered sitting next to my co-worker and the next thing I know I woke up in a hospital bed with a bunch of tubes stuck in my body and a slamming headache. But in that moment that the scooter slammed into my bike, I remember seeing this car slamming into the driver's side of the car and I remembered thinking that this was the end.

While I was talking to the guy on the scooter, I my body started shaking and my heart racing. I called my brother Junior to pick me up and he came quickly. When I was home I just started crying for no reason. I guess it was the stress of the past months? I never cried after the accident... not once. But I guess you just can't keep things bottled up inside. I feel a little better now, but I needed to write about this to get it off my chest.

I guess that's life and so it goes...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always found it a strange thing that you didn't shed a tear.

8.11.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Komt allemaal goed Mitchell. Geloog mij nou maar. Komt allemaal goed.

8.11.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sja... het moest eens gebeuren. Sterkte gozer.

Miekesch

8.11.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home