A note from Mitchell
Well it has been a hectic 2 days for me. Let me tell you what I've been up to....
Yesterday morning I went to Hoofddorp to Lesley's apartment to check on his mail and to make sure everything was in one piece. After that was done, I went to SPL to pick up R. He was inbound from Washington DC (IAD) on his last 767 flight. I know sometimes when cabin- and cockpit crew have their last flight on a type things can get emotional, so I wanted to make sure everything was alright. I had coffee at the Panorama Restaurant and waited for the flight to arrive. R. SMS'ed me from IAD and already told me that his last 767 flight would be on PH-BZI 'Bosporus Bridge'. Around 07.15 I saw a 767 taxiing towards the E-pier and indeed it was the PH-BZI. R. had arrived.

PH-BZI "Bosporus Bridge" arriving from IAD with R.
About 30 minutes later he came out after debriefing and clocking-off. Robbedoes was more than alright and he had a great last 767 flight. Here are some pics he took of his IAD trip.


Saying goodbye to the Boeing 767-300ER - Photo by R. de Geus

Shopping in Washington DC with a co-worker while on lay-over - Photo by R. de Geus

Okay let me explain.... when I lived in Aruba, my oma only washed my clothes in Tide. Since you cannot buy Tide here in Holland I tell R. to buy it for me whenever he has an USA trip. He is just making fun of me, because I insist on Tide and nothing else :-) - Photo by R. de Geus
This morning R. went to pick up the kids at their mom to spend a few days with them. Dave and Ryan are soooo cute, but they really wear you out!


Robin and Ryan. Yes it is a coincedence that his name is Ryan as well. You gotta love those smiles! - Photo by R. de Geus
I didn't stay, because I had to work on my apartment. So I headed to my neighbourhood in Rotterdam. I live in Katendrecht also known as De Kaap. It is getting very popular very quickly and the houses sell like crazy!

Welkom op Katendrecht. Kun jij De Kaap aan? Ja... ik kan!

There is a small table with snacks and coffee for the workers. There is also a small radio I bought.... you guessed it... in Asia! I bought it in Bangkok to be exact. It is small but has a USB plug and you can put in a memory card with music. Excellent!
There was lots of work to be done and the kitchen was going to be delivered as well. Exactly at 07.00 in the morning the 2 men arrived to assemble the kitchen. They went straight to work to set-up my kitchen.


Workers busy with my kitchen

Work in progress
And here is the finished product. What do you think?





My brandnew kitchen. The oven is an oven and microwave in one

With a dishwasher of course. As if I'm going to wash dishes by hand
By that time Mom also arrived from Dordrecht to help out.

Mom entering the bulding
The painters I hired also dropped by to paint the ceilings of almost all the rooms.

The painters
I also did some painting on some other stuff. What a tedious job it is!


Me painting
Of course I don't do any of the work alone. I also have my parents, R., my in-laws and my friends who help me out during this big project out of the goodness of their hearts and I really appreciate that... more than words can say.

Mark and Liesbeth (Lies) help me out a lot

Brian also helps out whenever he can

Dad doing his best

Mom sweeping my brand new kitchen
Thanks everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Yesterday morning I went to Hoofddorp to Lesley's apartment to check on his mail and to make sure everything was in one piece. After that was done, I went to SPL to pick up R. He was inbound from Washington DC (IAD) on his last 767 flight. I know sometimes when cabin- and cockpit crew have their last flight on a type things can get emotional, so I wanted to make sure everything was alright. I had coffee at the Panorama Restaurant and waited for the flight to arrive. R. SMS'ed me from IAD and already told me that his last 767 flight would be on PH-BZI 'Bosporus Bridge'. Around 07.15 I saw a 767 taxiing towards the E-pier and indeed it was the PH-BZI. R. had arrived.

PH-BZI "Bosporus Bridge" arriving from IAD with R.
About 30 minutes later he came out after debriefing and clocking-off. Robbedoes was more than alright and he had a great last 767 flight. Here are some pics he took of his IAD trip.


Saying goodbye to the Boeing 767-300ER - Photo by R. de Geus

Shopping in Washington DC with a co-worker while on lay-over - Photo by R. de Geus

Okay let me explain.... when I lived in Aruba, my oma only washed my clothes in Tide. Since you cannot buy Tide here in Holland I tell R. to buy it for me whenever he has an USA trip. He is just making fun of me, because I insist on Tide and nothing else :-) - Photo by R. de Geus
This morning R. went to pick up the kids at their mom to spend a few days with them. Dave and Ryan are soooo cute, but they really wear you out!


Robin and Ryan. Yes it is a coincedence that his name is Ryan as well. You gotta love those smiles! - Photo by R. de Geus
I didn't stay, because I had to work on my apartment. So I headed to my neighbourhood in Rotterdam. I live in Katendrecht also known as De Kaap. It is getting very popular very quickly and the houses sell like crazy!

Welkom op Katendrecht. Kun jij De Kaap aan? Ja... ik kan!

There is a small table with snacks and coffee for the workers. There is also a small radio I bought.... you guessed it... in Asia! I bought it in Bangkok to be exact. It is small but has a USB plug and you can put in a memory card with music. Excellent!
There was lots of work to be done and the kitchen was going to be delivered as well. Exactly at 07.00 in the morning the 2 men arrived to assemble the kitchen. They went straight to work to set-up my kitchen.


Workers busy with my kitchen

Work in progress
And here is the finished product. What do you think?





My brandnew kitchen. The oven is an oven and microwave in one

With a dishwasher of course. As if I'm going to wash dishes by hand
By that time Mom also arrived from Dordrecht to help out.

Mom entering the bulding
The painters I hired also dropped by to paint the ceilings of almost all the rooms.

The painters
I also did some painting on some other stuff. What a tedious job it is!


Me painting
Of course I don't do any of the work alone. I also have my parents, R., my in-laws and my friends who help me out during this big project out of the goodness of their hearts and I really appreciate that... more than words can say.

Mark and Liesbeth (Lies) help me out a lot

Brian also helps out whenever he can

Dad doing his best

Mom sweeping my brand new kitchen
Thanks everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
11 Comments:
Hoi Ryan! Ik vind die eerste video van je blog van gisteren wel leuk! Heb je het zelf? Kan je het naar mij toesturen? Ik wil het wel voor m'nzelf hebben.
Marijke
Hé Mari. Ja ik heb het op DVD. Ik zal een kopietje voor je maken en het naar je opsturen. Dan heb je meteen goeie kwaliteit in plaats van een .mpeg.
Kusjes!
Ryan! Love your kitchen! Thanks for checking up on my crib! London is getting cold and it is raining a lot! I have a little heimwee, but not much.
Grtz!
Les
Oooh... so that is what you bought with the drug money?! Ha ha ha!
Micheline
Gozer! Ik ben net terug uit 'jou' stad. Ik was met vrienden gaan stappen in Now & Wow en Hollywood Dancehall in R'dam! Druk, druk, druk!
Moet wel zeggen dat je keuken heel erg mooi is. Ik kan niet wachten tot je housewarming!
Ook bedankt voor de KLM tribute van gisteren. Ga je ook naar de feest volgend weekend? SkyTeam Party!!!! Maandag begin ik eem 5/3 Europa week en dan de dinsdag daarop een 3/3 JFK.
Ik hoor wel van je. Big hug!
Miriam
Hey honey! I didn't know you wore glasses? Still looking hot tho, you ho'!
Love your kitchen as well. Well chosen. Call me.....!
Sean
Leuke keuken opstel. Een heel strak design... daar hou ik wel van. Verder alles goed me je? Ik ben nu bij mijn ouders in Enschede.
Mvg,
Miekesch
Oh, dus jij werkt ook?! Ik dacht dat je ene luie secreet was die alles door anderen liet doen! Lol!
Mike
Ik begrijp er miks van. Waarom heb je een vaatwasser nodig voor een eenpersoons huishouden? Zou het niet veel goedkoper zijn als jullie gingen samenwonen?
K.
Simpele vraag en een nog simpelere anrwoord. LAT relatie: Living Apart Together. Idealer kan het niet.
Rob
LAT-relaties zijn idd ideaal, maar niet voor iedereen. Je moet je partner kunnen vertrouwen en het niet erg vinden om vaak buiten huis te slapen. Ik heb al 6 jaar een LAT relatie. We doen alles samen, maar hebben elk ons eigen huis. Misschien dat ik later alsnog samen ga wonen met Jeroen.
Brenda
Post a Comment
<< Home