Saturday, October 07, 2006

Kitchen and more...

My kitchen has finally been delivered. As I told you before I hated the kitchen my apartment came with, so I had it destroyed. I went to Keuken Concurrent by SieMatic and had them design a kitchen for me. exactly how I wanted it. After the kitchen was designed you had to select which kitchen appliances you want in it. Everything will be built in into the kitchen, so nothing will be loose. I chose a fridge & freezer, an oven/microwave, a dishwasher (like I'm really going to be washing any dishes by hand), a stove-top etc. etc. The kitchen is expensive at € 5.921,- ($ 7.461,- / AWG 13.057,-), but I only want the best of the best... they last longer.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My kitchen design

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Keukenman truck in front of the apartment building
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The kitchen parts in my apartment

The kitchen will be set up on Tuesday. I'm a career person and as you guys know, I am always on the go. I need things to make my life easy. I can cook really good, but I hate to cook. Between the two of us R. is a much better cook and he loves it.

I also hired an interior designer to furnish my appartment and give it some style. I just don't have the time to do it. Sure it is costing me a bundle of money, but I have no other choice.

Later on I'm going to Lesley in Hoofddorp. My buddy is leaving me for 4 months to work in London. As you may know Lesley used to work at easyJet in their Sales & Marketing team at Schiphol. A few weeks back he was approached by British Airways (BA) and he was offered a position in their Sales & Communication Team Europe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
BA

He will be based at Schiphol, but he needs to train at BA's headquarters in London.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
BA Training does traing for all of BA's staff, personell and crew worldwide.

When he is back he'll be working in a team that will perform duties for Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany. I'm so proud of him!

Can you imagine... he started out as a baggage loader at Ogden in St. Maarten when he was 16, working part-time. He came to Holland to study and at the same time worked as an aircraft cleaner at Asito and Lavos. Then he started to work at Ogden/Menzies in Amsterdam as an agent for Transavia Airlines. Then KLM Ground Services took over the handling of Transavia and created KLM Passage Ground (SPL/PG)... and that's where we met about 5-6 years ago. We had a ball together! In the meantime he was also going to school (HBO). Then of course he left SPL/PG and worked a few months at GlobeGround and part-time at KLM Cargo (SPL/FD) and then he joined easyJet. Now he is working for BA. Wow! Of course BA is Air France-KLM's competition, so I have to be careful what I say around him.

R. is going to spend the weekend by his parents in Leerdam. His mother had a knee operation, so he wants to check up on her. Beterschap ma!

Have a smashing weekend everyone!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about climbing your way up the ladder! I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's set-up.

Jenny

7.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jij ook een fijne weekend!

Angelique

7.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goh, jou huis zal heel luxe zijn, blijkbaar. Maar goed... jij hhad altijd een dure smaak gehad. Dat weet ik wel.

Jens

7.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeker smokkelt hij nog steeds drugs, zoals eerder.

7.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten eerste: Waarom moet je drugs smokkelen om een dure keuken te kopen? Dat haal je toch gewoon uit je hypotheek? Duh!

Ten tweede: Waarom moet het zo zijn dat als een Antilliaan of Arubaan iets duurs koopt het meteen te maken heeft met drugs smokkel en bolletjes slikken? Ik heb nog nooit in mijn leven drugs gesmokkeld en toch heb ik een mooie huis in Purmerend, heb ik een Mercedes voor de deur staan en kan ik elk jaar een paar keer met vakantie? Juist ja, omdat ik er hard voor werk! Zou jij ook eens moeten doen, in plaats van onzin uitkramen. Antillianen en Arubanen kunnen meer dan drugs smokkelen.

Micheline

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF?

Brian

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ anonymous: Nu heb ik alles gehoord. Drugs smokkelen?! Jaloers zeker dat jij met je blanke reet het niet allemaal kan veroorloven? Ja, dat zal 't wel zijn.

Maar je hebt gelijk. tuurlijk zijn er Antillianen die drugs smokkelen, alleen Ryan is er niet één van.

En vergeet niet... Antillianen slikken de drugs en poepen het uit hun kont...

Maar jullie Nederlanders snuifen het en stoppen het in jullie mond.

Les

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mijn zoon is geen drugs handelaar of smokkelaar. Niemand is perfect, dus ook Ryan miet, maar als ik één ding aan mijn kinderen geleerd heb is om eerlijk te zijn en hard voor je geld te werken. Ik heb 2 zoons met verdomd goede banen en ze verdienen allebei goed. Ryan heeft jarenlang bij ons gewoond, waardoor hij de mogelijkheid had om geld te sparen. Dus als moeder kan ik me niet anders dan beledigd voelen dat iemand mijn zoon een drugs smokkelaar is en het al eerder heeft gedaan. Jij hebt lef!

Als iemand mijn zoons beledigen, beledig jij me ook!

Zo, ik geb mijn zegje gedaan. Ik voel me nu al beter!

Pam

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jullie nemen het allemaal serieus. Het is zeker als grapje bedoelt, denk ik.

Jenske

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Pam!

8.10.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

Ach mensen! Jullie maken je druk om niks. Het is vast en zeker een grapje van een blog lezer! Zo bedoelde hij/zij het niet. En als hij het toch zo bedoelde.... who gives a sh!t?

The one thing I learned in my life is not to worry what people think of me. Some think I am highso-shit, other think that I am a show-off, others think I look down at people... puhlease! Get a life. Once I know what and who I am and my family and friend do too it is all that matters. Life is too short for me to worry about these kind of things.

So yeah... I bought my own appartment for 106.000 Euros. So yeah I bought a kitchen for 6000 Euros. So Yeah... I want my new home to be modern and luxurious. So yeah, it is costing me a lot of money, So yeah, I own a second-hand BMW mini. So yeah, I have a job that pays me a lot. So yeah, I can travel the world cheaply. So yeah, I have a computer and a laptop. So yeah, I have a good bit of money saved on the bank. So yeah, my parents have high profile jobs and are loaded. So yeah, Ive been to cities like Hong Kong, Oranjestad, Berlin, Barcelona, Bangkok, New York, Atlanta, London etc. So yeah..What of it? A problem with that?

Baby, I worked my ass off for what I have and I will not apologize for it. In fact... I am proud of what I have achieved in my 27 years of life. A black boy from a little island in the Caribbean achieved this and is still moving up.

Damn, I'm good....

Ryan

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan! Wist je het niet, dan? We zijn allemaal stuk voor stuk bolletjesslikkers! I thought you knew! That's why I went Holland for vacation two months ago... to carry bolletjes to Holland!!! Hahahahahaha!

JD

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, I read the bible and in it it sates that their are 7 deadly sins:

Pride
Greed
Lust
Anger
Gluttony
Sloth

anf the deadliest sin of all... Envy or as it is known in Latin... Invidia. It is sad when someone cannot be happy with what other people have.

You put up your 13000 guilder kitchen and enjoy it. Make sure that when I come Holland in November, you cook me a delicious meal!~

Larissa

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een drukte om niks. Enfin Ryan, hoe gaat het met je. Ben je al klaar voor onze volgende reis! Ik ga als eerste volgens mij, maar ik moet dat nog bevestigen bij staffco.

Wanneer is je huis klaar en wanneer heb je dan je house warming?

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Si, ki dia bo tin bo saka raton?

Jurandy

8.10.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

@ Brenda: Ik ga voor de kerst verhuizen. In 2007 wil ik in mijn nieuwe huis zitten. House warming? Heb ik helemaal niet aan gedacht.

@ Jurandy: Saka mi kiko? What the hell is that?

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, no worries mate! We are Yuppies! We can afford do do anything we want!

YUP = Young Urban Professionals. So you better recognize!

K I M

8.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sjonge jonge wat een herri hiero, het was gewoon als een grapje bedoeld.
Nou nou ik heb zeker wat spannends op je blog gebracht Ryan...

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ik zeg het weer, het was een flauwe grapje.

Ik ga nooit meer doen, en Mevrouw Pamela ik biedt mijn excuses aan.

Sorry

Jeroen

8.10.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

You see it was all just a joke. Jeroen meant no harm so just let it go and move on!

Geen probleem Jeroen!!!

Ryan

9.10.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home