Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bonaire: The Unspoiled Island

Bonaire Access Internet Café, Harbourside Mall
Kralendijk - Local time 20.45


Hello! Greetings from dushi Bonaire! It's very warm. I'm gonna keep this post very short, because I am in an internet café at the Harbourside Mall and they charge $7,- an hour! What a rip-off! And on top of everything else the damn internet is so slow. These PC's also look kinda old... when are they from? 1980?!

Well I went to SPL yesterday, checked-in and went to the gate. 10 minutes before boarding, all IPB'ers were called up one by one by the Gate Agent, who loaded us on the flight. I got seat 39B. All the way to the back. It was R's 1st MD11 flight as a CA and I guess he did well. I wouldn't know... I was sleeping. Upon arrival in Amsterdam, the Senior Purser will give the final verdict. My buddy Lesley was tracking the flight at BA and send me the following screen shots.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
In the middle above the Atlantic Ocean
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Almost there!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Status: Landed

Thanks Les... you're crazy dude! Lol! Anyway, we landed at 03.00 in the morning! In BON there is a crew change. Several taxi's took to the crew to their hotel. I was not allowed to ride with the crew, so I paid for my own taxi and met R. at the hotel. Thursday R. does an excursion flight to Quito and Guayaquil in Ecuador and on Saturday afternoon we leave to go back SPL. We arrive in Holland on Sunday morning. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to Aruba. I bought a ticket with Dutch Antilles Express (9H). I'll be back on Thursday afternoon. That 9H is expensive! The ticket cost me 385,- Antillian Guilders. Divi Divi Air was 50,- cheaper, but when I saw the plane...! That piece of shit is tiny! Hell no!

I wanted to upload some pics, but the damn internet is so slow that it would take a lifetime for me to edit and resize them. So I just dumped them all on Photobucket. To view the pictures click
here. Click on sub-album MD11. Password is the same as always.

My next post should be from Aruba.

Laterz!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ryan. You are back in the Antilles again and now you are going to Aruba. What you need money to finish your house? How much drugs are you bringing back this time, huh?! hahahahahhaha! Lol! Whahahahahhaha!

Where is that Jeroen when you need him! Anyway enjoy your short break and safe flight to Aruba.

Lesley

25.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Lesley... you just bad!

25.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoe krijg ik de paswoord voor de pics? Ik kan ze niet bekijken.

H.

25.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I cannot view the pictures you uploaded to photobucket. How does one obtain the password to get in? I sure would like to see them!

25.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! Leuke foto's Ryan! De vliegtuig zat niet echt vol zo te zien. En op foto 'DSC103_887' wat is dat precies? En die ene met Robin en jij in de galley... wat zaten jullie precies te eten? Ziet er smerig uit. Sorry dat ik het zeg! Bah!

Mike

25.10.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home