Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My friend Darrell

Taipei Hilton Hotel, Taipei - Local time 21.20

Well I was going to write about the fun day I had today, but then I was on MSN with my cousin Jeandrina in Aruba. She told me some news that shocked me! It seems that my good friend Darrell was stealing money or something similar from a fast food restaurant in Aruba. He and some other people got caught. He is now locked up in prison (KIA) in Aruba. So sad. I actually had to cry. JD scanned the article and sent it to me by MSN.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
This is the Diario Aruba newspaper article. (Papiamento only)

Here it is online. Scroll to the bottom: Diario Aruba

Let me be honest... I was no angel back in the days about 8 years ago. I also came in contact with justice for stealing some Continental manuals at my old employer (Air Aruba/Ogden Ground Services). I make no secret of that... anyone who knows me, knows this. But I got over it and I moved on. I learned my lesson well and I hope that my friend Darrell learns the same.

We are all human and we all deserve a second chance. You live, you learn. So no matter what... Darrell is still my good friend and I'll pray for him and his family in this sad time. When I have friends... true friends.... I have them forever. Friendship in life means a lot to me and I'll stick my hand in fire for you and help you out when you are in need. But anyone who knows me also knows that if you betray me once... it's over! I'll forgive you and I won't be mad anymore... but it is over.


I am going to bed now. I'll write about today some other time. My mood is damaged...

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach nee toch! Ik vond Darrell niet altijd even aardig, maar hij had zijn goeie kanten. Hij had ook een goeie baan. Waarom moest hij zich laten verleiden door meer geld? Zonde.

Rob

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Love your blog. I've been reading it for a while now.

Krista from Canada

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tja... in het leven gebeuren er soms nare dingen. Het spijt me voor je.

Jens

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zonde. Geld maakt mensen soms gek en dan gaan ze gekke dingen uithalen. Voor wat? Geld maakt niet gelukkig. Zo zie je maar...

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad indeed, Ryan. I myself was shocked to hear about Darrell. When I was in Aruba with Robin, Ray and you in 2004 for 50 years carnival, Darrell showed us a nice time. He arranged cheap rooms at Occidental for us, carried us out to dinner, arranged cheap rental cars, got us in to VIP lounges in the clubs, went partying with that fat guy Ronchi de Cuba... he did everything. Now I wonder how he lived a rich lifestyle like that. I guess now I know.

Like what Andy said above; people get blinded by money. They always want more. Then they go do stupid things like thiefing, transporting drugs and God knows what else. Why can't people just earn a honest living and work? That way you have more enjoyment out of it.

I am sorry to hear this. Anyway hold on tight there in Taiwan. I am flying back to CDG tomorrow on the AF488 and connect to AMS. I have to be at work on Saturday morning at easyjet.

Regards from St. Maarten.

Les

20.9.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

** COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR **

20.9.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

I deleted your comment J.J.L.... whoever you are. I don't accept nastiness on my blog except if they are from me. Next time keep your comments to yourself, if you don't have anything better to say.

Ryan

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell DARREL BUSBY the richy rich??? OH MY GOD!!!

I feel for him, but ja shit does happen...
Pray for better days

He will be out soon Ryan u have faith.

Whenever your back from Taipei, Like robin has the MD11 in oktober, leave him aanvraag
a KL733-734 so u can go and visit your friend Darrel.

Ai dios mino por kere!!!

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep... everyone who knows Darrell in Aruba is shocked. His mother is devestated.

JD

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that. It is always sad when someone is seduced by $$$ €€€...

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tja het is en blijft je maat. Daar kan niemand tegen op. Wel jammer dat het zo moest gaan.

Dennis

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF? Darrell Busby?! Mi no por kere e cos ki! Darrell always was loaded with money. You see now... never judge the book by the cover. You see people with fancy cars, big houses, expensive vacations and a bunch of gold all over their body, but you don't know how they got it.

Another thing is that Darrell always used to hang with highso shit people like Ronchi de Cuba, Zulaika Mansur, Eman and so on. When you want to hang with rich people bo mester tin placa. Now it seems that he had to steal to maintain that lifestyle and to show-off. Be glad with what you have, because you might enjoy it now but God is looking and he will eventually punish you. No matter how long it takes.

Mi ta sinti pa su mama y su ruman muher, Lisa-Marie.

Jenny

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M'a lese e articulo den Bon Dia Aruba siman pasa, pero en no tawata tin potret. Awor m'a realiza cu ta trata di Daryl. Aruba ta chiquito y e ta bai kai duru. Volgens mij e ta over di Subway. Su amigo Hassan ta e doño di Subway Aruba. Mi lo informa pabo. Hopi kens y jammer.

Ronny

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Ryan. Let me tell you what I've heard:

From what I heard he quit his job as Manager Guest Relations at Occidental and became a Supervisor at Marriott. Shirley his mother is also a Supervisor at Marriott Hotel. But Darrell worked at MVCA Marriott Vacation Club Aruba & Marriott Ocean Club Resort so seperate from Shirley.

Later he got fired after a discussion with his Manager and he started to work for the family Habibe as an assistant. I think that is how he got in contact with Hassan Barakat, Hussein Barakat and Saleh Barakat. They own Select International Foods N.V. and that company owns Subway in Aruba.

Last December Darrell went to Beirut in Lebanon with the Barakat and Nasser family on vacation. When he came back he was promoted to their assistant, so he left Habibe. And I think its somewhere in that confusion he started to steal. We are talking about 1000's of Dollars!!!! Something with fraude with checks. This I heard from his cousin Julissa.

Arnold

20.9.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

OMG! This is some serious sh*t. I wonder how long they will give him. A few months? Years? I hope not too much. Maybe when he gets out he should leave the island and move to Holland. Where will he get a job? Aruba is small and everybody knows each other.

I knew he worked for Select Foods and I met Hassan and Omar Barakat when I was in Aruba the last time. They were involved with each other.

I remember when he went to BEY. He flew with KLM via Schiphol and that day I went Schiphol and took him to lunch in Amsterdam. He had 6 hours in transit.

On his way back to Aruba he had 7 hours and Darrell, Hassan, Saleh, Omar, Mehmet and Solmaz went out to dinner at the Marriott in Hoofddorp. We went there because Darrell gets discount at Marriott, because his mother works there.

2 weeks later I went Aruba for X-mas and he showed me around his office and it was fun!

Never mess with those Arabs/Muslim people. I am still sad for my friend and his family. My parents were shocked. My grandparents and parents liked Darrell a lot. He was always hanging at my house. His mother is my 2ns mother.

Ai no......

20.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard they fired him from the occidental, because they caught him sleeping in the suites many times, instead of being at work!!!!

don't know what's true abouth that.

Full un bululu,

From a richy rich life and high so life, gone to the drain with all the killers and chollers in K.I.A.


sad sad sad

21.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! Darrell was indeed caught sleeping in the suites at Occidental but didn't get fired over that. That's what mele people say.

I am a Supervisor at Occidental Casino so I know exactrly what happened. Darrell was asked to resign after giving away discount vouchers for free nights at Occidental, complimentary dinner at La Tratoria, vouchers for shows without really having to do it. On top of that he gave then to friends and family. After a while Management caught on. But they couldn't just fire him like that, so the FORCED him to resign. So he did.

Everybody at Occidental is talking about this. It's a whole disaster with that boy.

Grace

21.9.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home