I'm still alive...
Hey, hey, hey! I'm still around! I'm so busy these past days, that I hardly ever have time to blog. So let me catch you up on what I've been up to the past few days. Of course I'm busy busy busy with my house! It's a lot of work and I want to move in by December.

This is my street

View from my livingroom: Erasmusbrug

My mother coming up to my apartment

Toilet before...

... toilet after. Hanging toilet and new floor tiles. Toilet room is far from finished!

Me taking-off wallpaper

After the wallpaper is off

I ordered a kitchen with a built-in fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, oven etc. It is designed specifically for me by a company. Here I am at the company showroom in Barendrecht

My kitchen design on paper. It will be delivered in October

I already started dismantling the old kitchen


Dad tiling the bathroom

New blue tiles on the bathroom floor

This is me painting the livingroom ceiling

Me hard at work

My friend Timmy is also helping out
Of course I didn't only work on my house. I had stuff to do at AFC as well. The Taiwan trip is coming up. We got our shots against Yellow Fever and we are now awaiting our visas. As soon as they are in, Staff Control (staffco) will make flight arrangement for us and then we're gone again.
I also celebrated the 30th birthday of my friend Thomas. Tommy kept his b-day party at Club Hollywood in Rotterdam. It was great!


Birthday boy Thomas (red) together with Marianne and Amid
R. is hopping around the world as usual. After doing a 24 hour Seoul (ICN) he had 5 days at home. It was his Dad's birthday so he decided to treat him to a trip to Barcelona. So he and his Dad enjoyed themselves in Spain.

R. and Jan de Geus - photo used with permission
After Spain with Jan he did a 24 hour slip in Washington DC (IAD) and now he's home for 3 days and then he is on standby for God knows where. Oh and R. finally got the news... October 18th, he will finally get the MD11 schooling! It takes a few days and then he is allowed to crew the Mad Dog 11! Aruba here Robin comes! As of December 31st, 2006 he will completely drop the 767-300. His package will then be 737, 747 and MD11.
And then there is also my best buddy Lesley. After we had our weekend trip to London it was back to work for him at easyJet. Normally he always goes to St. Maarten in the summer for a few weeks, but this time he didn't, because of expensive tickets. I said to myself... what the hell... the year is almost over and I am allowed to use 2 buddy passes each year. I used one on Jeandrina already, so I gave Lesley the other one. After I called AF Staff Travel I arranged the ticket. He flew KLM straight to SXM and when he's coming back, he'll fly AF via Paris CDG.

Lesley and his aunt, cousin and her baby at Schiphol

Pushback of Lesley's aircraft from gate F3. I was standing on the Panorama deck

He even got to sit in the cockpit for the landing in SXM! Lucky dog! - Photo by L. Peterson and used with his permission

And here he is with his sister Larissa on the island of St. Maarten. Enjoy your holiday, dude! - Photo by L. Peterson and used with his and Larissa's permission
My brother Junior went to Singapore for his job at P&O Nedlloyd. His flight was heavily delayed and eventually he arrived in Amsterdam after being rerouted via Bangkok and Copenhagen. He was pissed-off and tired when he came in the house. Junior hates to fly! Strange, huh? He is just scared. He went upstairs, dumped his bags on the floor, took a shower and headed straight to bed.

Click! Got ya Junior. I know... when you see this you'll kill me! But I know you still love me, bro! - Photo bt R. Mitchell and NOT used with permission from Junior! Lol!
And so my life goes on. Busy, busy, busy....

This is my street

View from my livingroom: Erasmusbrug

My mother coming up to my apartment

Toilet before...

... toilet after. Hanging toilet and new floor tiles. Toilet room is far from finished!

Me taking-off wallpaper

After the wallpaper is off

I ordered a kitchen with a built-in fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, oven etc. It is designed specifically for me by a company. Here I am at the company showroom in Barendrecht

My kitchen design on paper. It will be delivered in October

I already started dismantling the old kitchen


Dad tiling the bathroom

New blue tiles on the bathroom floor

This is me painting the livingroom ceiling

Me hard at work

My friend Timmy is also helping out
Of course I didn't only work on my house. I had stuff to do at AFC as well. The Taiwan trip is coming up. We got our shots against Yellow Fever and we are now awaiting our visas. As soon as they are in, Staff Control (staffco) will make flight arrangement for us and then we're gone again.
I also celebrated the 30th birthday of my friend Thomas. Tommy kept his b-day party at Club Hollywood in Rotterdam. It was great!


Birthday boy Thomas (red) together with Marianne and Amid
R. is hopping around the world as usual. After doing a 24 hour Seoul (ICN) he had 5 days at home. It was his Dad's birthday so he decided to treat him to a trip to Barcelona. So he and his Dad enjoyed themselves in Spain.

R. and Jan de Geus - photo used with permission
After Spain with Jan he did a 24 hour slip in Washington DC (IAD) and now he's home for 3 days and then he is on standby for God knows where. Oh and R. finally got the news... October 18th, he will finally get the MD11 schooling! It takes a few days and then he is allowed to crew the Mad Dog 11! Aruba here Robin comes! As of December 31st, 2006 he will completely drop the 767-300. His package will then be 737, 747 and MD11.
And then there is also my best buddy Lesley. After we had our weekend trip to London it was back to work for him at easyJet. Normally he always goes to St. Maarten in the summer for a few weeks, but this time he didn't, because of expensive tickets. I said to myself... what the hell... the year is almost over and I am allowed to use 2 buddy passes each year. I used one on Jeandrina already, so I gave Lesley the other one. After I called AF Staff Travel I arranged the ticket. He flew KLM straight to SXM and when he's coming back, he'll fly AF via Paris CDG.

Lesley and his aunt, cousin and her baby at Schiphol

Pushback of Lesley's aircraft from gate F3. I was standing on the Panorama deck

He even got to sit in the cockpit for the landing in SXM! Lucky dog! - Photo by L. Peterson and used with his permission

And here he is with his sister Larissa on the island of St. Maarten. Enjoy your holiday, dude! - Photo by L. Peterson and used with his and Larissa's permission
My brother Junior went to Singapore for his job at P&O Nedlloyd. His flight was heavily delayed and eventually he arrived in Amsterdam after being rerouted via Bangkok and Copenhagen. He was pissed-off and tired when he came in the house. Junior hates to fly! Strange, huh? He is just scared. He went upstairs, dumped his bags on the floor, took a shower and headed straight to bed.

Click! Got ya Junior. I know... when you see this you'll kill me! But I know you still love me, bro! - Photo bt R. Mitchell and NOT used with permission from Junior! Lol!
And so my life goes on. Busy, busy, busy....
13 Comments:
Hmmm... je broertje heeft lekkere benen, kont en onderbroekje. :-P
F
Welkom bij de Mad Dog 11 club, Robin! Zullen we sampjes een BON doen? Lol!
Lies
Try to keep blogging more continuous, mad mad mad
Hey did u get the pic from insulair uniform??? and they start flying with a funny looking embraer and by this friday they should be doing a CUR-SXM-CUR with the SURINAME AIRWAYS AIRCRAFT UNTILL THEY GET THEIR OWN AIRCRAFT...
ta ta for now
Devon
@ Devon: Interessant nieuws. Gaan ze met PY vliegen? Is de crew dan van PY of van die Inselair. Weet jij wat de IATA code is?
Alvast bedankt voor de info.
Rob
Veel succes met het klussen, Ryan. Ik ben momenteel ook bezig met een appartement kopen. Als alles goed gaat heb ik eind oktober de sleutels.
Kusjes!
Miekesch
Question: Do you ever put down the camera?! From everything you have a picture! Damn!
Micheline
Mr. Mitchell! Thnx again for everything. My mom was surprised and happy. She sends her love for you.
Anyway SXM is hot! How's the weather in NL? I am enjoying myself. I took loads of pics. Check your e-mail tonight and I'll send you some.
Greets from the friendly island: St. Maarten/St. Martin!
Lesley P.
Colebay, St. Maarten
Here I am!
@ anonymous: Ik zal de boodschap doorgeven! Zal mijn broertje Junior wel leuk vinden.
@ Devon: Hey! Long time, no hear. Where are you now? Still in NL or you went back to CUR? Anyway I did NOT receive any photo from you from Inselair? Did you use the right e-mail address? (r_mitchell79@msn.com)? Please try again. If it is something to laugh about can I have your permission to use the picture on my blog, so everyone can laugh? If not it's ok.
I read in Wolkenridder (KLM employee magazine) that October 7th, Dutch Antilles Express will no longer fly CUR-SXM-CUR, because of Insel. So KLM/AF pax can no longer connect on 9H from CUR to SXM or vice versa. What a mess with aviation in the Netherlands Antilles & Aruba. DAE, Insel, Divi Divi, Tiara.... how many airlines do we need?! Saludos!
@ Miekesch: Dank je Miekesch en jij ook succes!
@ Lesley: Bring back my bottle of Bailey's as promised. Greet your mom and sisters for me and enjoy yourself. I wish I could be there as well. Jealous!
Greetz y'all!
Ryan
Oh your back again. How long will you be gone now!? :-)
Brian
Hey Ryan. Hoe gaat het met je? Leuke te horen over de voortgang van je huis in Rotterdam. In een grote stad wonen is gewoon machtig. Wanneer is je housewarming? Nodig je me uit?
Kusjes Kim
Busy as always, huh! I can imagine. Good luck with that!
Hé Ryan. Wanneer ga je nu naar Taiwan? Je bent een tijdje niet op reis geweest. Ik ben toevallig gisteren Robin in de stad tegengekomen bij Men at Work. Enfin succes met alles en blijf bloggen!
Groetjes,
Marcia
Jaaahaaaa! Feestje in Hollywood was echt de bom hè! Bedankt voor je cadeau en bel me voordat je weer naar het buitenland gaat. Je zegt altijd dat je het gaat doen, maar je doet het nooit! :-]
Tommy
Post a Comment
<< Home