Saturday, September 30, 2006

Almost time to go home

Taipei Hilton Hotel, Taipei - Local time 15.25

We're wrapping up this project. It's about time. If nothing else goes wrong, I should be back in Holland by Tuesday morning. A real pity, because I was hoping to be back in Holland earlier so I could see R. However he left today for Abuja (ABV), where he'll lay-over for 72 hours and fly back to SPL via Kano on Thursday. Dennis, Marcel and Freddy left yesterday on KLM. They had to be back in Holland on time to get enough rest, so they can go ahead on their next assignment in Montego Bay in Jamaica for TUI. I'm jealous! I've never been to Jamaica and I always wanted to go. But getting an IPB ticket on Martinair is hell, dus laat maar.... and AF'ers and KLM'ers are not allowed to IPB on Arkefly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dennis, Marcel & Freddy on KLM heading back to Holland

The last few days were alright. A group of us went to visit the Terracotta Army in Xianmen on the northern part of Taiwan. It was the busdrive from hell! We got a flat tire and then the mini-bus broke down. Finally after 6 hours we got to admire the Terracotta Army that is buried under the ground. One word: Amazing! This is the second time I visited a terracotta army... the 1st time was in Shenzen in China. Just beautiful!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A Taiwanese girl making mini terracotta for souvenirs
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The terracotta army; it's a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Grietje and me

Today we wrapped up most of the things at Evergreen Group. I myself am flying back tomorrow afternoon and will arrive in Amsterdam on Tuesday morning as I said before. I called staffco and they booked me on KL878 to Amsterdam with a stop in Bangkok. Grietje, Brenda and Maarten will fly back Tuesday afternoon from Taipei to Singapore with EVA Air and from there they will connect to Paris CDG with AF. They have to be in Paris to report on the troubles we had on this project. Not me... I am going home. Of course I have to have a little 'talk' with my Unit Manager about the stuff that happened the past weeks. Will keep you posted!

Now I am going to take my clothes and have them washed at the laundromat I spotted down the road. Then I am going to pack. Now I have to see how I am going to pack this Hewlett-Packard photo printer I bought, so that customs at Schiphol doesn't see it. I don't want to pay taxes (invoerrechten) for something I bought so cheap. Not to mention the 2 iPod Nano's I bought for people!

Hi mao from Taipei...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hè, hè... eindelijk!

Martijn

1.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik ben 2 jaar geleden naar Montego Bay geweest in Jamaica en ik vond het heel erg leuk. De mensen waren vriendelijk enzo. Als je daarentegen naar Kingston gaat.. nou daar is het heel anders! Het is een gevaarlijke stad met veel crimininaliteit.

Een aanrader dus. Je moet gewoon gaan!

Nou tot over een paar daagjes dan maar hè~

Andy

1.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry.... remember I've been to Ochos Rios when we went on the Carnival Cruise last year with oma, opa en mammy. That was very nice to see. I also liked Dominica.

JD

1.10.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zodra je bijgekomen bent, kom ik meteen bij je langs.

Jenske

2.10.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home