I'm back!
Well what a week! I was in Maastricht on a retreat with some colleagues from AFC. We were there to participate in a team-building session. I called it a "hell and torture" session. One load of crap we had to do in order to learn to trust each other and work better as teams. You see I work in team #3 with Grietje, Brenda, Freddy and Marcel. But sometimes certain things happen between teams that cause some tension and problems. So in order to work better as teams we had to do all kind of stuff for 5 loooong days. Okay it helped a lot, but I wouldn't want to do this crap again!
You know what was really bad? We were not allowed cameras, cellphones, TV, radio or internet from Monday to Thursday... nothing! Oh no they didn't! Yep... they did! The last day we had to do some scary sh*t in Rotterdam (OMG!) and ended it with a dinner on a boat cruise. I haven't got the pictures yet, because I didn't walk with my camera the last day.... so when I get them from my co-workers, I'll write an update. Now you know where I was the past week.
On another note I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes. I sent around a general e-mail to everyone to inform them that on August 14, 2006 I received the keys to my apartment. Yes... I got through! After looking for a long time I found an apartment with 2 bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, a toiletroom, a kitchen and a big yard. From the time I viewed it, I liked it. My parents viewed it and they loved it. R. viewed it and he loved it as well. Best of all, I'm living only 10 minutes away from R. by metro, bus and tram. Ideal!
First I got a letter from the Real Estate agent telling me that they accepted my bid and I have the apartment. Two days later I went to the notary in Capelle aan den Ijssel to sign the house over to my name. It cost me €107.000,-. ($136,473,- / AWG 238.610,-)! Worth every penny! Living in certain parts of a big city doesn't come cheap. But when i received my keys, tears came to my eyes. I did it!


Ryan became a home owner. Look at him with his keys!
Right now it is a total mess and dump. Everything has to be put in from scratch! A new kitchen unit, bathroom unit, bedroom set, tiles... everything. If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to move in by November/December. Finally... my own crib at the age of 27!
My parents, brother, Jenske, Micheline, Mohamed, Lesley and R. are really helping me out well.
Dad, Junior and Lesley are going to do most of the construction work, because they are good at it.
Micheline is going to choose tiles, curtains, buy plates/cups/glasses and all the small stuff.
Mom works at Philips, so she will take care of the flat screen TV, stereo set, light and everything electrical.
Jenske will buy all the furniture for the house, because we have similar taste and she knows what I like and what I hate.
R. will take care of the yard for me.
Mohamed will install the new bathroom and toilet for me. He is a pilot, but damn... he knows everything about bathrooms!

Mohamed put in R's bathroom...

... my parents bathroom...

... and his own. He is good and he is doing it for me for free as a friend! Thanks Moh!
I went to SieMatic to get them to design my kitchen. It is designed especially for me with a built-in refridgerator, freezer, stove-top, microwave, oven and dishwasher. It will be delivered in 7 weeks and then Mohamed will put it in for me too. R. also ordered his kitchen at SieMatic a few years back and I liked the way they do their kitchen.


R's kitchen by SieMatic. Everything (fridge, freezer, dishwasher etc.) is built into the cabinets. Nice, huh?
I am all excited about this!
I am at R's apartment now in Rotterdam. Ryan is also here today. So yeah... 2 Ryan's in da house :-) Ryan was feeling kind of sick today, so he spent the day with his Dad. Dave stayed with his mother in Den Haag.

R & R watching TV.... :-)
So after living in Dordrecht for 17 years (with a few years out in Aruba) I will be trading it in for another city; Rotjeknor... Havenstad... Maasstad.... that's right... City of Rotterdam.
I also want to send a big congratulations to the Master himself! The webmaster and Senior Moderator of http://atcbox.com, Captain Didimon (DDM) or also known by his real name Daan de Meester, became father for the second time with his son Itsert. Gefeliciteerd Daan, Frouk en Tjebbe met de nieuwe aanwinst in jullie familie!

Daan & Itsert. Photo from DDM and used with his permission. Dank je
Bye y'all! Gotta work tomorrow morning!
You know what was really bad? We were not allowed cameras, cellphones, TV, radio or internet from Monday to Thursday... nothing! Oh no they didn't! Yep... they did! The last day we had to do some scary sh*t in Rotterdam (OMG!) and ended it with a dinner on a boat cruise. I haven't got the pictures yet, because I didn't walk with my camera the last day.... so when I get them from my co-workers, I'll write an update. Now you know where I was the past week.
On another note I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes. I sent around a general e-mail to everyone to inform them that on August 14, 2006 I received the keys to my apartment. Yes... I got through! After looking for a long time I found an apartment with 2 bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, a toiletroom, a kitchen and a big yard. From the time I viewed it, I liked it. My parents viewed it and they loved it. R. viewed it and he loved it as well. Best of all, I'm living only 10 minutes away from R. by metro, bus and tram. Ideal!
First I got a letter from the Real Estate agent telling me that they accepted my bid and I have the apartment. Two days later I went to the notary in Capelle aan den Ijssel to sign the house over to my name. It cost me €107.000,-. ($136,473,- / AWG 238.610,-)! Worth every penny! Living in certain parts of a big city doesn't come cheap. But when i received my keys, tears came to my eyes. I did it!


Ryan became a home owner. Look at him with his keys!
Right now it is a total mess and dump. Everything has to be put in from scratch! A new kitchen unit, bathroom unit, bedroom set, tiles... everything. If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to move in by November/December. Finally... my own crib at the age of 27!
My parents, brother, Jenske, Micheline, Mohamed, Lesley and R. are really helping me out well.
Dad, Junior and Lesley are going to do most of the construction work, because they are good at it.
Micheline is going to choose tiles, curtains, buy plates/cups/glasses and all the small stuff.
Mom works at Philips, so she will take care of the flat screen TV, stereo set, light and everything electrical.
Jenske will buy all the furniture for the house, because we have similar taste and she knows what I like and what I hate.
R. will take care of the yard for me.
Mohamed will install the new bathroom and toilet for me. He is a pilot, but damn... he knows everything about bathrooms!

Mohamed put in R's bathroom...

... my parents bathroom...

... and his own. He is good and he is doing it for me for free as a friend! Thanks Moh!
I went to SieMatic to get them to design my kitchen. It is designed especially for me with a built-in refridgerator, freezer, stove-top, microwave, oven and dishwasher. It will be delivered in 7 weeks and then Mohamed will put it in for me too. R. also ordered his kitchen at SieMatic a few years back and I liked the way they do their kitchen.


R's kitchen by SieMatic. Everything (fridge, freezer, dishwasher etc.) is built into the cabinets. Nice, huh?
I am all excited about this!
I am at R's apartment now in Rotterdam. Ryan is also here today. So yeah... 2 Ryan's in da house :-) Ryan was feeling kind of sick today, so he spent the day with his Dad. Dave stayed with his mother in Den Haag.

R & R watching TV.... :-)
So after living in Dordrecht for 17 years (with a few years out in Aruba) I will be trading it in for another city; Rotjeknor... Havenstad... Maasstad.... that's right... City of Rotterdam.
I also want to send a big congratulations to the Master himself! The webmaster and Senior Moderator of http://atcbox.com, Captain Didimon (DDM) or also known by his real name Daan de Meester, became father for the second time with his son Itsert. Gefeliciteerd Daan, Frouk en Tjebbe met de nieuwe aanwinst in jullie familie!

Daan & Itsert. Photo from DDM and used with his permission. Dank je
Bye y'all! Gotta work tomorrow morning!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home