Euromast
As I mentioned before, the past week I had to go to a reatreat in Maastricht for a team-building session with other AFC employees. I hated it because we were not allowed to bring things like cameras, GSM, laptops etc. etc. There were also no TV's or radio's. It was a week full of anger, laughs and tears but I must say we learned to work much better with each other as teams and we have grown to respect each other.
The last day we had to do something scary as a group and overcome the fear together. So we went absailing from Euromast in Rotterdam. I was scared as hell, but it was fun to do. I love thrilling stuff that give you an adrenaline rush. Way cool! I'd do it again. Here are some pics of that day. I would like to thank Dennis, Adriaan, Marcel, Gert and Frans for sharing all 220 pics with me! Thanks for giving me permission to use them on my blog.

Grietje in the van on our way to Euromast

Euromast

The people from Height Specialists preparing the ropes

Dennis, Adriaan, Ryan and Frans from AFC Team #1, #2, #3 and #4

Gert went first


I climbed over the ledge

Then Adriaan climbed over the ledge. Scary sh*t!


Ad and me ready to go

Here we go!

Saying a little prayer

There we are!

Back on top. Wow it was a thrill!

Dennis' turn

Dennis and the instructor

Marcel and the instructor. Can you believe that Marcel was a marinier in Savaneta Camp in Aruba? You get to know a lot of people outside of work. He is also helping me with my new house. A real good buddy!
Then it was Marcel's turn! A real marinier! Show-off!






Marcel showing his skills

Henk's turn

Grietje and Adriaan. Managers from team #3 and team #4

Gert and Frans. Frans is always doing crazy things! I like him a lot and before I thought he was a nutcase. That's team-building for ya!

Dennis and me. Consultants for team #3 and team #2

Checking out how the others do it

Me with Dennis and Marcel in the background

The group talking about how it is to climed down a tall building



Passing in front of the Euromast Restaurant. People were looking

The instructor and me

Two of the instructors. Imagine climbing down from high places, parachuting and bungy jumping for a job! Mij niet gezien!
We went down the Euromast 3 times each. When we were done we were beat!

Taking a chill

Frans and me and the top of Euromast above us
Then it was time for a group photo. This is a mixture of some members of all 5 teams.


Some employees from Air France Consulting (Nederland) BV. We did it guys! It is expensive though... 3 times down is €120,- per person! Of course everything was paid by the company
When I told my friend Jenske I was going down the Euromast she wanted to come along as well. I told her she could go, but not with the team. She would have to pay for herself. But she came anyway, even though she just came back from working a flight from Hyderabad, India. She paid her fee and she did it!



Jenske doing her thing!
Then we went into the Euromast restaurant for some food and drinks. It was great!

In the Euromast Restaurant

Gert and me

Grietje and me

Rob and Dennis

Rob, Dennis and Marcel

Adriaan and France with our souvenir T-shirts on

Adriaan, Grietje and Frans
It was a real fun week with my co-workers. Freddy and Brenda will be doing the same this week with other AFC staff. Good luck to them... they are going to jump out of an airplane with a parachute... they just don't know it yet! hahahaha!

View of Rotterdam from Euromast. This will soon be my city!
Bye for now. I have a lot of work to do on my house!
The last day we had to do something scary as a group and overcome the fear together. So we went absailing from Euromast in Rotterdam. I was scared as hell, but it was fun to do. I love thrilling stuff that give you an adrenaline rush. Way cool! I'd do it again. Here are some pics of that day. I would like to thank Dennis, Adriaan, Marcel, Gert and Frans for sharing all 220 pics with me! Thanks for giving me permission to use them on my blog.

Grietje in the van on our way to Euromast

Euromast

The people from Height Specialists preparing the ropes

Dennis, Adriaan, Ryan and Frans from AFC Team #1, #2, #3 and #4

Gert went first


I climbed over the ledge

Then Adriaan climbed over the ledge. Scary sh*t!


Ad and me ready to go

Here we go!

Saying a little prayer

There we are!

Back on top. Wow it was a thrill!

Dennis' turn

Dennis and the instructor

Marcel and the instructor. Can you believe that Marcel was a marinier in Savaneta Camp in Aruba? You get to know a lot of people outside of work. He is also helping me with my new house. A real good buddy!
Then it was Marcel's turn! A real marinier! Show-off!






Marcel showing his skills

Henk's turn

Grietje and Adriaan. Managers from team #3 and team #4

Gert and Frans. Frans is always doing crazy things! I like him a lot and before I thought he was a nutcase. That's team-building for ya!

Dennis and me. Consultants for team #3 and team #2

Checking out how the others do it

Me with Dennis and Marcel in the background

The group talking about how it is to climed down a tall building



Passing in front of the Euromast Restaurant. People were looking

The instructor and me

Two of the instructors. Imagine climbing down from high places, parachuting and bungy jumping for a job! Mij niet gezien!
We went down the Euromast 3 times each. When we were done we were beat!

Taking a chill

Frans and me and the top of Euromast above us
Then it was time for a group photo. This is a mixture of some members of all 5 teams.


Some employees from Air France Consulting (Nederland) BV. We did it guys! It is expensive though... 3 times down is €120,- per person! Of course everything was paid by the company
When I told my friend Jenske I was going down the Euromast she wanted to come along as well. I told her she could go, but not with the team. She would have to pay for herself. But she came anyway, even though she just came back from working a flight from Hyderabad, India. She paid her fee and she did it!



Jenske doing her thing!
Then we went into the Euromast restaurant for some food and drinks. It was great!

In the Euromast Restaurant

Gert and me

Grietje and me

Rob and Dennis

Rob, Dennis and Marcel

Adriaan and France with our souvenir T-shirts on

Adriaan, Grietje and Frans
It was a real fun week with my co-workers. Freddy and Brenda will be doing the same this week with other AFC staff. Good luck to them... they are going to jump out of an airplane with a parachute... they just don't know it yet! hahahaha!

View of Rotterdam from Euromast. This will soon be my city!
Bye for now. I have a lot of work to do on my house!
5 Comments:
Jij ben gek, Ry! Ik ga dat echt niet doen. Voor geen geld!
Lies
I would do it! But yeah Ryan and me like a thrill.
Les
One word... Cool!
JD
Ik heb dat vorige jaar ook gedaan. Ik moest 40 Euro betalen. Was in het begin best eng, maar achteraf ben ik wel blij dat ik het gedaan heb.
Geert
No way, Jose! Not me. IYou can plunge to your untimely death!
AC
Post a Comment
<< Home