HK: Day 4
Ramada Kowloon Hotel, Hong Kong - Local time 02.05
I only slept for 5 hours followed by a hectic day! We worked from 06.00 untill 13.00 at HKG airport. At lunchtime I went along with Tang-Fei who at that time was doing flight-prep for a Delta Airlines (DL) flight inbound from Atlanta. DL is a SkyTeam partner and the station management is done by AF in HKG. It is always fun to see how another station does the ground handling of a flight. You can learn so much or even give tips.

Tang-Fei

Tang Fei in front of the DL check-in counter


On the ramp
After that Grietje, Brenda and I headed to AF office in Victoria. Freddy was feeling unwell, so he headed back to the hotel to rest. It was a long day, but we got a lot done. That's what I like about this team... we all go for it 100% and we don't mind putting in extra hours. Grietje who is a Managing Consultant (our Supervisor) gets down and dirty with us too. She works equally hard and I hope that whenever I become a Supervisor with whichever company I take her example.
What was funny is that another team from AFC was in Hong Kong as well! An AFC team based in New York were in Hong Kong for a project for an American tour operator. They could not discuss the details with me, so I don't know what's is all about. But we had some laughs comparing some travelling stories and nightmares. Lol!

Air France Consulting New York City team: Greg, Nadine and John. Thanks for posing!
After we were done we headed back to the hotel. We showered and met for drinks at the hotel bar in the lobby. While there we noticed an AF crew coming down ready to head to the airport. They were going to start their long flight back to CDG.

AF crew just about to leave for Chek Lap Kok airport for their flight back to CDG. The guy in the white is Lee and is the driver for the crew bus
After that drink we hit the road again and went sightseeing. We had planned to go to the Emperor's Palace earlier that day with some AF and KLM staff who work at the airport and the city office. It was a fun afternoon out and a perfect way to end a day's of hard work. The amount of people at this popular Hong Kong tourist site was amazing!

Emperor's Palace

Check out the crowd!


Grietje & me

This is Yuan-Kwai. He is an AF Service Agent

Yuan-Kwai and Su-Yin. Both AF agents at HKG

Grietje & Brenda somewhere in the distance

Mai & Dao. Both AF'ers.

Grietje & Brenda

Marco & Wuhai. Marco is a KLM'er on lay-over and Wuhai works for KLM in the AF office

It was very busy!

Grietje & Brenda... again
It was a fun day that we ended in a nice Chinese restaurant with delicious food.We stayed there chatting untill after midnight!

Going into the restaurant
Delicious food... Chinese style
I want to thank the local AF'ers and KLM'ers for showing Brenda, Grietje and me a great time. Freddy... you missed out!
Now I'm back in my room. I showered and I'm in a T-shirt and underwear ready to go to bed. Tomorrow is our day off, so I'm happy about that. Maybe I can sleep out. We didn't plan anything together for tomorrow. Not everyday is spend together. So I can do whatever I want. A world of possibilities...
I only slept for 5 hours followed by a hectic day! We worked from 06.00 untill 13.00 at HKG airport. At lunchtime I went along with Tang-Fei who at that time was doing flight-prep for a Delta Airlines (DL) flight inbound from Atlanta. DL is a SkyTeam partner and the station management is done by AF in HKG. It is always fun to see how another station does the ground handling of a flight. You can learn so much or even give tips.

Tang-Fei

Tang Fei in front of the DL check-in counter


On the ramp
After that Grietje, Brenda and I headed to AF office in Victoria. Freddy was feeling unwell, so he headed back to the hotel to rest. It was a long day, but we got a lot done. That's what I like about this team... we all go for it 100% and we don't mind putting in extra hours. Grietje who is a Managing Consultant (our Supervisor) gets down and dirty with us too. She works equally hard and I hope that whenever I become a Supervisor with whichever company I take her example.
What was funny is that another team from AFC was in Hong Kong as well! An AFC team based in New York were in Hong Kong for a project for an American tour operator. They could not discuss the details with me, so I don't know what's is all about. But we had some laughs comparing some travelling stories and nightmares. Lol!

Air France Consulting New York City team: Greg, Nadine and John. Thanks for posing!
After we were done we headed back to the hotel. We showered and met for drinks at the hotel bar in the lobby. While there we noticed an AF crew coming down ready to head to the airport. They were going to start their long flight back to CDG.

AF crew just about to leave for Chek Lap Kok airport for their flight back to CDG. The guy in the white is Lee and is the driver for the crew bus
After that drink we hit the road again and went sightseeing. We had planned to go to the Emperor's Palace earlier that day with some AF and KLM staff who work at the airport and the city office. It was a fun afternoon out and a perfect way to end a day's of hard work. The amount of people at this popular Hong Kong tourist site was amazing!

Emperor's Palace

Check out the crowd!


Grietje & me

This is Yuan-Kwai. He is an AF Service Agent

Yuan-Kwai and Su-Yin. Both AF agents at HKG

Grietje & Brenda somewhere in the distance

Mai & Dao. Both AF'ers.

Grietje & Brenda

Marco & Wuhai. Marco is a KLM'er on lay-over and Wuhai works for KLM in the AF office

It was very busy!

Grietje & Brenda... again
It was a fun day that we ended in a nice Chinese restaurant with delicious food.We stayed there chatting untill after midnight!

Going into the restaurant
Delicious food... Chinese style
I want to thank the local AF'ers and KLM'ers for showing Brenda, Grietje and me a great time. Freddy... you missed out!
Now I'm back in my room. I showered and I'm in a T-shirt and underwear ready to go to bed. Tomorrow is our day off, so I'm happy about that. Maybe I can sleep out. We didn't plan anything together for tomorrow. Not everyday is spend together. So I can do whatever I want. A world of possibilities...
8 Comments:
Hmmm... my sharp eye sees Fu Yon Hai and Tsa tsui on the plate. Lekker hoor!
Jan van der Straaten
Goedenavond uit het warme, warme, warme Suriname! Vlucht was ok en had een leuke tijd aan boord gehad met Lisette.
Ik ben inmiddels bij mijn tante en ga van de volgende 72 uur in Paramaribo genieten. Groeten uit de rimboe!
Rob @ PBM
By the way, Mitchellman! Crewco heeft weer eens mijn schema gesloopt! Kijk maar eens in CabiNet! Ik baal ervan, man :-(
Rob
Robbedoes,
Ik zie het. Ze hebben je ORD gesloopt voor een BIP Europa week met ZRH, MAN, CDG, en OTP. Maar je overnacht alleen in MAN, dus dat is een meevaller. Je aangevraagde CUR op 21 juli is wel ok.
Verder heb je wederom van 6 t/m 9 aug een EUR week en tussen 12-16 aug ben je reserve thuis. Leuk is dat. Een gevangene in je eigen huis. Beter jij dan ik.
Veel plezier in Suri en doe de groeten aan Tante Hanna, Mano en Lisette voor me.
Ryan
Daarom vind ik Hong Kong maar niks. Veels te veel mensen overal. Je kan nergens rust vinden. Het is net als New york! Getver!
Geef mij maar een rustig plekje op de strand van BON of lekker bij de Baby Beach op AUA. Er is niks beter dan zon, zee en strand.
Nou Robin heeft geluk dat hij maar 5 dagen resere staat. Ik moest nog gaan inhalen van de vorige keer en heb er nu 10! 10 dagen dat ik thuis moet zitten tussen 10.00-18.00 om op een telefoontje te wachten. Dat vind ik pas balen!
Nou veel plezier boys! Mitch in HKG en Robby in PBM. Ik heb zelf morgen een 24 uur CAI. Ik zie jullie wel, wanneer ik jullie zie. Gaan jullie trouwens naar de zomer carnaval in R'dam op 29 juli? Laat me weten! We kunnen misschien wat afspreken.
Karel
Yo Kareltje. Hoe is het man! looooong time! Hoe was je vakantie in Malagá?
Anyways.... 29 juli.... mijn nichtje uit AUA is dan in NL. Als ik niet hoef te werken ga ik zeker naar R'dam op 29 juli. Rob die kan niet want hij doet die dag de KL661 naar IAH voor een 24 uur slip.
Maar ik bel je van de wek wel, als ik weer terug ben in NL. We moeten bijpraten. Ik heb veel roddels!
Goeie reis naar Egypte!
Ryan
Roddels!? Vertel, vertel!!!
Niet echt een roddel, maar wist je dat collega blogger en ATCBox'er Marjolein na zoveel jaar gevlogen te hebben gaat stoppen met vliegen. Ze heeft een andere baan gevonden buiten de luchtvaart wereld. Ik wist het al een tijdje, maar ik kan het nu vertellen, want ze heeft het publiekelijk gezegd.
Goed voor haar! Ze zag het al een tijd niet meer zitten, dus applaudiseer ik haar met haar beslissing. Als je iets niet leuk meer vind, moet je stoppen, vind ik.
Veel mensen dachten dat ik gek was toen ik bij de KLM mijn ontslag indiende. Ik had nog geen andere baan toendertijd. Maar ik was niet meer happy daar en ging met tegenzin naar mijn werk.
Iedereen moet doen wat hun 'happ' maakt, toch?
Ik ben de hele dag lekker vrij en ga gewoon luieren in mijn hotelkamer. Heel misschien ga ik later wat kleren kopen op de Stanley Market.
Ni hao!
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home