Finally... an update!
This summer is hot, hot, hot! But my cousin Jeandrina is here from Holland and I am truly enjoying my time with her. Let me rewind to a few days back and let met tell you what I've been up to!
Thursday, July 20
I woke up in the morning, showered and said goodbye to my parents, brother and Jeandrina. I took the train to Rotterdam waited for R. and together we took the train to SPL, where we met up with my best buddy Lesley. R. was going to Curaçao for his job with his buddy Floris and Lesley and me were going to London for a vacation.

This is Floris on top of Hooiberg in Aruba. He was in Aruba with R. and me 2 years back for 50 years of carnival. Cool dude!
After R. went to brief, we told him goodbye and Lesley and I went to the KLM counter to check-in. We were travelling on a one-way IPB ticket with KLM. Why? Because Lesley wanted to try the new KLM A330-200. KLM has one flight to LHR per day on the A330... the KL1007. So I bought an IPB ticket and a Companion Pass on KLM to Heathrow (LHR) and on the way back we will travel on easyJet from London Gatwick (LGW).
After we checked-in we went to the Panorama deck to watch some planes and to wait for our boarding call. We actually say the airplane R. was going to CUR with. Strangely enough it was a KLM asia... it doesn't go to the Caribbean often.

R's airplane: PH-BFH "City of Hong Kong".
After that we headed to the gate and waited to board. Once on board we paid a visit to the cockpit. Lesley wanted to see what it looked like, so the day before I went to the KLM In-flight Services office and requested 2 cockpit passes.

Lesley waiting at the D-pier. In the back you can spot a United and Contiental 777

Lesley's Cockpit Permit

In the A330 cockpit
After we chatted with the pilots a while, we took our seats. When I looked outside, I saw this!

Well... good to see Ramp Services hard at work!
Before we knew it we were in the air for our 1 hour flight to LHR. The flight was really cool and Lesley and I had a ball with the crew in the back galley.

In the plane

Take-off

In-flight AMS-LHR

Crew

Lesley
After we landed at LHR, we collected our bags and took the underground to Soho where our hotel was. We checked-in and just chilled out for a while in the room. Later on we went into the center to Piccadilly Circus and Leicester and walked around "our" city. Lesley and I know this city like the back of our hands.

The plane at Terminal 4 at Heathrow



Our hotel room
Video of our hotel room


Coming up from the metro


Piccadilly Square
Later on we were too tired, so we just went to see a movie and headed back to the hotel after going by Tesco to buy Indian food.

Tesco

Indian curry dish

Lesley enjoying his food
And so we ended day # 1 in London...
And as for R.... well he had a great flight with Floris. Here are some pictures he took of the flight. And blog reader Devon, who works at Hato airport was right! Why are those jetways yellow? Damn! Thanks to R. and Floris for letting me use their pictures.

In-flight AMS-CUR

They had a UM (Unaccompanied Minor) on the flight...

... and they made the poor boy work!

The back galley crew (rows 40-69). Floris, R. and Brie. Floris and Brie are brother and sister

Arrival at Hato. R. did the goodbye speech in Papiamento! Lol! I was training him for 3 weeks now and he nailed it! Pabien!


R. and Floris @ Hato. Look at thos yellow jetways!


KLM asia in Curaçao. Not a sight you see often



The crew checking-in at the Hilton hotel
That's it for now. More to come!
Thursday, July 20
I woke up in the morning, showered and said goodbye to my parents, brother and Jeandrina. I took the train to Rotterdam waited for R. and together we took the train to SPL, where we met up with my best buddy Lesley. R. was going to Curaçao for his job with his buddy Floris and Lesley and me were going to London for a vacation.

This is Floris on top of Hooiberg in Aruba. He was in Aruba with R. and me 2 years back for 50 years of carnival. Cool dude!
After R. went to brief, we told him goodbye and Lesley and I went to the KLM counter to check-in. We were travelling on a one-way IPB ticket with KLM. Why? Because Lesley wanted to try the new KLM A330-200. KLM has one flight to LHR per day on the A330... the KL1007. So I bought an IPB ticket and a Companion Pass on KLM to Heathrow (LHR) and on the way back we will travel on easyJet from London Gatwick (LGW).
After we checked-in we went to the Panorama deck to watch some planes and to wait for our boarding call. We actually say the airplane R. was going to CUR with. Strangely enough it was a KLM asia... it doesn't go to the Caribbean often.

R's airplane: PH-BFH "City of Hong Kong".
After that we headed to the gate and waited to board. Once on board we paid a visit to the cockpit. Lesley wanted to see what it looked like, so the day before I went to the KLM In-flight Services office and requested 2 cockpit passes.

Lesley waiting at the D-pier. In the back you can spot a United and Contiental 777

Lesley's Cockpit Permit

In the A330 cockpit
After we chatted with the pilots a while, we took our seats. When I looked outside, I saw this!

Well... good to see Ramp Services hard at work!
Before we knew it we were in the air for our 1 hour flight to LHR. The flight was really cool and Lesley and I had a ball with the crew in the back galley.

In the plane

Take-off

In-flight AMS-LHR

Crew

Lesley
After we landed at LHR, we collected our bags and took the underground to Soho where our hotel was. We checked-in and just chilled out for a while in the room. Later on we went into the center to Piccadilly Circus and Leicester and walked around "our" city. Lesley and I know this city like the back of our hands.

The plane at Terminal 4 at Heathrow



Our hotel room
Video of our hotel room


Coming up from the metro


Piccadilly Square
Later on we were too tired, so we just went to see a movie and headed back to the hotel after going by Tesco to buy Indian food.

Tesco

Indian curry dish

Lesley enjoying his food
And so we ended day # 1 in London...
And as for R.... well he had a great flight with Floris. Here are some pictures he took of the flight. And blog reader Devon, who works at Hato airport was right! Why are those jetways yellow? Damn! Thanks to R. and Floris for letting me use their pictures.

In-flight AMS-CUR

They had a UM (Unaccompanied Minor) on the flight...

... and they made the poor boy work!

The back galley crew (rows 40-69). Floris, R. and Brie. Floris and Brie are brother and sister

Arrival at Hato. R. did the goodbye speech in Papiamento! Lol! I was training him for 3 weeks now and he nailed it! Pabien!


R. and Floris @ Hato. Look at thos yellow jetways!


KLM asia in Curaçao. Not a sight you see often



The crew checking-in at the Hilton hotel
That's it for now. More to come!
5 Comments:
Finally an update! I thought you forgot about your blog. What's up with thos surf in CUR! They really are ugly.
Nice video BTW of the hotel room. Lol!
Anyway I am enjoying my vacation here in Aruba. See you in 1 week. Ayo!
Jenny
Jaaaa.... Robin's afscheidspeech op Hato is inderdaad gelukt! Lachen man!
"Damas y Caballeros bon bini na aeropuerto Hato di Korsou...."
Hij kreeg een applaus en bij het uitstappen bedankte iedereen hem voor z'n effort. Knap gedaan. Ik zou dat echt niet kunnen.
Groetjes!
Floris
Did you really have to put that picture? And why did you have to show everyone that our hotel room was a mess! :-(
Not happy with you, Ryan!!! Lol!
Anyway I am off to work. Enjoy your BBQ today!
Les
Hey Hey Hey
Groetjes aan iedereen, Ry lang geleden he!!!
Nou Nou komt omdat ik in NL ben en had geen tijd om op internet te chillen. was druk met het inschrijven etc etc...
So i see you had a good time, well my flight was a good one, but i just hate when the flight is delayed because of the douane and marracacasee at HATO
Well i didn't go to the zomer karnaval and wasnt really interested in going, so far Holland is nice i love it. I've been here much times with sobelair, Air Luxor, Air Atlantic all DCA'ers but coming here to live now is something totally different...
But i love it, the heat is a bit overdreven though mi dios...
nou nou tot laters!!! Mijn dushi gaat morgen naar CUR met AUA als tussenstop dus ik krijg lekker de rest van mijn overvracht kilo's weer veilig hier in nederland haha!!! it's the bom being with a KLM cabin crew haha
Je weet toch Ryan!!! we fly like VIPs hahahaha
Lol, Devon! You are funny! Welcome to kikkerland!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home