Back from Shanghai
This morning we got up at 05.00, ordered room service, showered and met each other in the lobby. We took a taxi to Longyang Road Station, where we bought tickets on the Maglev to Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG).

The Maglev goes to both airports (PVG & SHA). They are in opposite directions

Maglev ticket to PVG

In the Maglev to PVG
AT PVG we looked at the info screens to see where our flight (Finnair AY 058) would check-in. We quickly found the counters, where we stood in line to check-in.

Our flight is AY 058 to Helsinki

In line at the Finnair counter

Finnair AY 058 is codeshared with Air China CA 3009
After that was done we headed straight through immigration and security. We had some time to kill, so we did some duty free shopping and had a coffee at Starbucks. Just then we saw our MD11 airplane land and taxi to the gate.

Duty free shopping in the departure hall

"Finnair announces the arrival of its flight 057 proceding from Helsinki"
Within an hour the flight was called for boarding... "Your attention please: passengers on Finnair flight 058 and Air China flight 3009 to Helsinki on board please through gate 23". We then proceded to the gate to board.

On our way to board

In the jetway
Once on board I asked the In-flight Manager if I was allowed to go into the cockpit before we took-off. She said "Sure! Let me ask the Captain first". And sure enough I was allowed.

Cockpit visit. Thanks to the Finnair crew
We took-off on time and started our 11 hour flight to Helsinki (HEL). The flight was quite smooth. I watched some movies and listened to my iPod. Here are some pics and movies I took of the flight. Enjoy!

Right after take-off

Halfway to HEL

Brenda was puzzling and Grietje was reading

I took the self-pic to show you how tired I am. Look at the eyes

Thanks Brenda... for this ugly pic! Lol!

View from the back door
In-flight video in YouTube

41 minutes before we land at HEL
Just before we land the connecting information is displayed on the screens. Makes it easier to know what your gate is. In PVG we got our boardingpasses to AMS as well.

Connection info. Our flight is AY 845

Final approach
We landed at HEL on time. I just went to the website of HEL and just like SPL they have webcams installed all around the airport. You can see every plane land and take-off for the past 18 hours. I found my plane landing. Really cool to know that you are in the plane! SPL only has the webcams at the piers though...
Webcam from HEL. Runway 24R. AY 058 from PVG. Actual Arrival Time 15.30
First the girls went to take a smoking break in the designated smokin area at Vantaa Airport and from there we directly proceded to the gate of our ongoing flight. We had what you call in aviation a "shocon" (short connection). That's when your flight connects in less than 60 minutes.

Our plane at HEL

Smoking with other pax
We boarded Finnair AY 845 to AMS, which was a Airbus A319. The flight wasn't that full and in no time we were in the air again... on our way home.


Boarding Finnair AY 845 to Amsterdam

In-flight HEL-AMS

Final approach to AMS
Exactly at 18.00 we touched down in a very warm Amsterdam. It was 35 degrees! We collected our bags and immediately went to debrief at the crew center.

We arrived at the D-pier
I was really tired and sleepy. We took a train home. In Rotterdam I said goodbye to Brenda, who lives there and in Sliedrecht I said goodbye to Grietje.

Home sweet home
I took the bus home. I am now finished with this post and now I am going to shower and catch my bed. I'm too tired to do anything else...

The Maglev goes to both airports (PVG & SHA). They are in opposite directions

Maglev ticket to PVG

In the Maglev to PVG
AT PVG we looked at the info screens to see where our flight (Finnair AY 058) would check-in. We quickly found the counters, where we stood in line to check-in.

Our flight is AY 058 to Helsinki

In line at the Finnair counter

Finnair AY 058 is codeshared with Air China CA 3009
After that was done we headed straight through immigration and security. We had some time to kill, so we did some duty free shopping and had a coffee at Starbucks. Just then we saw our MD11 airplane land and taxi to the gate.

Duty free shopping in the departure hall

"Finnair announces the arrival of its flight 057 proceding from Helsinki"
Within an hour the flight was called for boarding... "Your attention please: passengers on Finnair flight 058 and Air China flight 3009 to Helsinki on board please through gate 23". We then proceded to the gate to board.

On our way to board

In the jetway
Once on board I asked the In-flight Manager if I was allowed to go into the cockpit before we took-off. She said "Sure! Let me ask the Captain first". And sure enough I was allowed.

Cockpit visit. Thanks to the Finnair crew
We took-off on time and started our 11 hour flight to Helsinki (HEL). The flight was quite smooth. I watched some movies and listened to my iPod. Here are some pics and movies I took of the flight. Enjoy!

Right after take-off

Halfway to HEL

Brenda was puzzling and Grietje was reading

I took the self-pic to show you how tired I am. Look at the eyes

Thanks Brenda... for this ugly pic! Lol!

View from the back door
In-flight video in YouTube

41 minutes before we land at HEL
Just before we land the connecting information is displayed on the screens. Makes it easier to know what your gate is. In PVG we got our boardingpasses to AMS as well.

Connection info. Our flight is AY 845

Final approach
We landed at HEL on time. I just went to the website of HEL and just like SPL they have webcams installed all around the airport. You can see every plane land and take-off for the past 18 hours. I found my plane landing. Really cool to know that you are in the plane! SPL only has the webcams at the piers though...
Webcam from HEL. Runway 24R. AY 058 from PVG. Actual Arrival Time 15.30
First the girls went to take a smoking break in the designated smokin area at Vantaa Airport and from there we directly proceded to the gate of our ongoing flight. We had what you call in aviation a "shocon" (short connection). That's when your flight connects in less than 60 minutes.

Our plane at HEL

Smoking with other pax
We boarded Finnair AY 845 to AMS, which was a Airbus A319. The flight wasn't that full and in no time we were in the air again... on our way home.


Boarding Finnair AY 845 to Amsterdam

In-flight HEL-AMS

Final approach to AMS
Exactly at 18.00 we touched down in a very warm Amsterdam. It was 35 degrees! We collected our bags and immediately went to debrief at the crew center.

We arrived at the D-pier
I was really tired and sleepy. We took a train home. In Rotterdam I said goodbye to Brenda, who lives there and in Sliedrecht I said goodbye to Grietje.

Home sweet home
I took the bus home. I am now finished with this post and now I am going to shower and catch my bed. I'm too tired to do anything else...
11 Comments:
Welkom thuis, Mitchellman. Ik spreek je later wel. Ik moet effe snel langs ma & pa.
Rob
Good to have you back, buddy. See you tomorrow at SPL.
Les
Ryan! Tonight I am leaving! I am so excited. See you tommorow in Nederland!!!!!!
Jeandrina
Okay Jeandrina. Have a safe flight and behave yourself on board. Do whatever the purser says. Remember paying passengers come first and then you!
See you tomorrow. I'll be waiting for you at Schiphol.
Ryan
Bon bini bek!
De videos zijn leuk. Ik wist dat HEL ook webcams had zoals AMS. FRA en LHR en volgens mij ZRH hebben ook webcam geïnstalleerd.
Vond je video aan boord ook leuk. Je ben echt niet goed bij je hoofd. Ga je bij de toilet filemn? Hahahahah!
Lies
Ryan Ryan Ryan. Foei! Bij de toilet filmen!
Enfin ik heb net mijn schema gekregen vam Planning & Assignment en raad eens???
Ik kijg een 3 daagse AUA!!! Ga je mee?! Lol!
Ik heb het niet aangevraagd... ik kreeg het gewoon. Ze hebben een tekort aan MD11 CA's blijkbaar.
Ik bel je vanavond of morgen wel.
Kusjes! Kim
If there is anyone that have problems viewing the videos let me know. I'll upload them another way that you can view them. Last time some people with Macintosh and Windows '98 had problems.
----
Als er iemand is die problemen heeft met de bezichtigen van de videos laat het me weten. Vorige keer waren er een paar lezers die Mac and Windows '98 hadden die ze niet kon bekijken.
@ everyone: Het was niet de bedoeling om de toilet te filmen. Ik wou gewoon buiten filmen, maar ik heb per ongeluk de toilet geilmd. De MD11 van AY zijn wel heel anders als die van KLM. De beeldschermen zijn flatscreens bijvoorbeeld en je heby meer beenruimte op AY dan KL.
Wat ze wel hetzelfde hebben is lokale crew in PVG. Net als KLM.
Ik ga nu pissen en ben weer terug naar bed! Welterusten!
hallelujah he's back home,
Well next week i'm in hot holland, bah. aino yu laf.. sali foi kalor drenta kalor... chieuwww
I have a QQ is Lesley single??? Don't get angry am just asking...
Devon
Sooo... it's like 00.30 in the morning and I can't sleep anymore.
@ Devon: Well it is really really hot here. We are getting a heatwave! Good luck with your IPB adventure! Lol! You will definitely need it. Pray you don't get put on a crewseat!!!!
Anyway why should I be angry? Lesley is my best buddy for years now and yes... he is single. :-)
Ryan
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home