Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Thanks everyone

I gues everyone is wondering what happened to me the past two and a half weeks. Where do I begin? It's hard to write about, but I will...

On May 25th around 20.00 in the evening I was in a car accident. A colleague of mine (Winston van der Horst) offered to carry me to the trainstation in Rijswijk after work. We were just past an intersection with stoplights, when a car came from the left and rammed into the drivers side. I don't remember the crash or anything afterwards, but I saw the pictures that were taken on the scene. Apparently I was knocked unconscious and Winston went through the windshield.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photos from the police file

In the hospital they tried to save Winston, but he died from head injuries. Winston was only 29 years old and left a daughter and girlfriend behind. He was cremated on May 31st, 2006 and I am so sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral. I was still in the hospital.

I came out the hospital 8 days after the accident and only have a minor concussion and a whip lash. Most of the day I just have a trobbing headache. The driver of the other car only had minor cuts and bruises. She was a 18 year old girl, who was driving under the influence of alcohol. I don't know what will become of her. Right now I am depressed and sad and the whole AFC office is still in shock. My co-workers dropped by the hospital and house to visit me and I appreciate it a lot. I would have been in Dubai with my team on a project, but right now I am not able to travel. I would like to thank my co-workers, parents, family, friends and especially Robin for helping me through these difficult times. I also would like to thank Lesley and Micheline and my brother Junior for their support. Thank you and I love you guys. I also wish the family and loved ones from Winston lots of strenght and faith in these difficult times.That's all I have to say for now...


In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rust in vrede Winston

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik wist het niet, Ryan. Sterkte en ik kom gauw even langs.

Miekesch

7.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about that, buddy. Be strong and have faith in God. It will be okay, even though you might not think so now.

Whenever you are up for it, give me a call.

Brian

7.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! can't be, how??? :(

another angel up in heaven! He was so young and so cute.. why why why??? damn this life is so mixed up, one day your here and the next day your gone... sad

Strenght to AFC and to you Ryan, ur the last person that was with him. What was his last words before the crash... Damn i feel sad myself.

I hate alcohol that's why I don't drink...

They should send her to prison and strangle her goshhhhh..(very upset)

Devon

7.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik ben het met Devon eens! Ze moeten die meid opsluiten! Ze heeft iemands zoon, vader, vriend en collega vermoord door te drinken en te rijden. Ik word er misselijk van!

Sterkte aan iedereen in deze moeilijke tijden. Ik zal voor je bidden ook al ken ik je niet Ryan.

Joost

7.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! This is terrible. I thought you went on vacation or something. I didn't expect this!

Be strong and keep us posted on your progress.

Will they prosecute the girl from the other car? I hope so!

Michelle
Aruba

7.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mi no tin palabra pa esaki. Horible!!!

Wanta duru, ruman!

Jason

7.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am glad to see you posted a blog. As hard as it sounds life goes on and you pick up the pieces and move on.

Les

8.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dit vind ik heel erg naar voor je. Sterkte.

Pascal

8.6.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home