Trip report AMS-ICN
Ibis Hotel, Seoul - Local time 15.35
Hi people!
Today is a day of rest. When travelling from west to east, we always get at least 1 off day before we start to work. This has to do with jetlag. Since I now have internet access in my hotelroom, I can take my time and write the trip report I promised.
Wednesday I got up early and finished packing my last minute things. I went through my list to make sure everything was packed. Since my parents and brother were all away, I had the house to myself. Around 10.00 I called staffco for my flight info and they e-mailed me my e-ticket. Around 15.00 I took the bus to the trainstation and then the train to SPL. There I checked-in for my flight at the KLM desk. I was on standby, so I had to wait and see if I would get on. I made a deal with my friend Anderson (Andy) to meet him for some coffee in the bemanningscentrum (BMC). Andy works for the Koninklijke Marechaussee at SPL. After a capuccino I told Andy goodbye and headed to the SPL/PG coffeeroom to visit some of my ex-coworkers. We had a good laugh catching up on old times.

Some SPL/PG colleagues
After that I headed to the departure hall and bought some duty free stuff and sat down at a juicebar to wait for the announcement of KL 865.

View from the juicebar

One of those tails is my airplane to ICN
When they called the flight, I headed to the F-pier, got my boardingpass and went on board. When staff is flying on duty, we have to introduce ourselves to the purser, so I did. And so my 11 hour flight to Seoul started.

My airplane. PH-BFS "City of Seoul". What a coincedence!!
During the flight I was in the pantry a lot chatting to the crew and stuff. This crew was great. It ain't always that you get a nice crew.

In-flight AMS-ICN. I sat all the way in the back

In the galley talking with the first officer Wim and the cabin attendant Giyomo... she is based in ICN
The next morning around 12.00 local time we landed in Seoul at Incheon Airport (ICN).

Approaching Seoul Incheon

Final approach
After I claimed my bags, I took a taxi to the Accor Ibis hotel.

On my way from the airport to the hotel in a taxi
Once there I checked-in, dumped my bags in the room and headed across the road in an internet café.

My hotel... Ibis by Accor

My hotel room
Later that afternoon the rest of the gang, who were already in Seoul a day before me, came back from shopping. So we had dinner in the hotel and talked a while in Marcel's room. I was completely mashed up, so I said goodnight and went to bed.
Now I am going to order roomservice and watch some movies on HBO and Cinemax. Tomorrow we've got to work...
Hi people!
Today is a day of rest. When travelling from west to east, we always get at least 1 off day before we start to work. This has to do with jetlag. Since I now have internet access in my hotelroom, I can take my time and write the trip report I promised.
Wednesday I got up early and finished packing my last minute things. I went through my list to make sure everything was packed. Since my parents and brother were all away, I had the house to myself. Around 10.00 I called staffco for my flight info and they e-mailed me my e-ticket. Around 15.00 I took the bus to the trainstation and then the train to SPL. There I checked-in for my flight at the KLM desk. I was on standby, so I had to wait and see if I would get on. I made a deal with my friend Anderson (Andy) to meet him for some coffee in the bemanningscentrum (BMC). Andy works for the Koninklijke Marechaussee at SPL. After a capuccino I told Andy goodbye and headed to the SPL/PG coffeeroom to visit some of my ex-coworkers. We had a good laugh catching up on old times.

Some SPL/PG colleagues
After that I headed to the departure hall and bought some duty free stuff and sat down at a juicebar to wait for the announcement of KL 865.

View from the juicebar

One of those tails is my airplane to ICN
When they called the flight, I headed to the F-pier, got my boardingpass and went on board. When staff is flying on duty, we have to introduce ourselves to the purser, so I did. And so my 11 hour flight to Seoul started.

My airplane. PH-BFS "City of Seoul". What a coincedence!!
During the flight I was in the pantry a lot chatting to the crew and stuff. This crew was great. It ain't always that you get a nice crew.

In-flight AMS-ICN. I sat all the way in the back

In the galley talking with the first officer Wim and the cabin attendant Giyomo... she is based in ICN
The next morning around 12.00 local time we landed in Seoul at Incheon Airport (ICN).

Approaching Seoul Incheon

Final approach
After I claimed my bags, I took a taxi to the Accor Ibis hotel.

On my way from the airport to the hotel in a taxi
Once there I checked-in, dumped my bags in the room and headed across the road in an internet café.

My hotel... Ibis by Accor

My hotel room
Later that afternoon the rest of the gang, who were already in Seoul a day before me, came back from shopping. So we had dinner in the hotel and talked a while in Marcel's room. I was completely mashed up, so I said goodnight and went to bed.
Now I am going to order roomservice and watch some movies on HBO and Cinemax. Tomorrow we've got to work...
3 Comments:
Geniet, geniet!
Miekesch
Hi there! I recently started reading your weblog and I really enjoy it. I want to comment on this post, becaue I've recently been to North- and South Korea on holiday. Tip: the best way to discover the city of Seoul is by underground (metro). It's really cheap and very handy and you cannot get lost!
Koreans are very nice and you can shop cheaply! Go for it if you've got the time!
Regards from Germany.
Björn
Be carefull son and enjoy yourself. Good luck with work.
Montréal is very cold and I cannot wait to go back home.
Love you!
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home