City of Atlanta
Holiday Inn Hotel, Atlanta - Local time 05.25
Goodmorning! It's now 05.00 in the morning and I just woke up. I haven't had time to blog since I arrived in Atlanta, so I'll give you an update now. It's been hectic the past 2 day, but we are all done here and we head back to Holland later today.
Monday:
New York City - Grietje, Brenda, Marcel, Freddy and I got up early (04.00) and had breakfast in the hotel. After we were done, we grabbed our luggage and took a taxi to New York La Guardia (LGA) airport. Staffco told us that there would be tickets waiting for us at the Delta Airlines (DL) ticket office... NOT! After a lot of calling to Holland to staffco, it was all sorted out and we got our tickets. From there we went to the DL counter and checked in for our flight to ATL.

DL check-in counter
After we were done checking-in, we went to the gate to board our flight. I was surprised to find a 757 from Delta's Song! I never flew Song before, so I was curious to see what they had to offer.

Our airplane at the gate
Boarding was done quickly and we left LGA on-time at 07.00. The flight was 2,5 hours to ATL. Song was great. Everyone gets a personal TV in each seat with DirecTV! In-flight service is also great. All-in-all Song offers a great product!

In-flight LGA-ATL
When we arrived at ATL, we collected our bags and headed to the hotel with a taxi. Staffco arranged the Holiday Inn for us.

Our hotel
After that we had lunch across the hotel at Red Lobster, while Grietje briefed us on what we had to do. Grietje is Senior Consultant, so she is our supervisor. After lunch, we all went to our rooms to get ready and in our AFC uniform, we headed to the Delta World Headquarters in downtown Atlanta. There we had meetings with certain people and talked about what we were here for. Sorry I cannot go into details and discuss it. Confidentiality applies.

Delta Airlines Inc. World Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia
After a few rounds of meetings, we called it a day and went back to the hotel. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and headed straight to our rooms. We were all tired. I watched TV for a while and fell in a deep sleep.
Tuesday
We got up early again. I ordered roomservice for breakfast and then met the others in the lobby in my uniform. Today we would be another round of meetings at the DL headquarters, but only for 3 hours and then we were done. During a break, we got a tour by a DL employee throughout the buidling and in the parkinglot I found something unbelievable!!! Take a look...
Goodmorning! It's now 05.00 in the morning and I just woke up. I haven't had time to blog since I arrived in Atlanta, so I'll give you an update now. It's been hectic the past 2 day, but we are all done here and we head back to Holland later today.
Monday:
New York City - Grietje, Brenda, Marcel, Freddy and I got up early (04.00) and had breakfast in the hotel. After we were done, we grabbed our luggage and took a taxi to New York La Guardia (LGA) airport. Staffco told us that there would be tickets waiting for us at the Delta Airlines (DL) ticket office... NOT! After a lot of calling to Holland to staffco, it was all sorted out and we got our tickets. From there we went to the DL counter and checked in for our flight to ATL.

DL check-in counter
After we were done checking-in, we went to the gate to board our flight. I was surprised to find a 757 from Delta's Song! I never flew Song before, so I was curious to see what they had to offer.

Our airplane at the gate
Boarding was done quickly and we left LGA on-time at 07.00. The flight was 2,5 hours to ATL. Song was great. Everyone gets a personal TV in each seat with DirecTV! In-flight service is also great. All-in-all Song offers a great product!

In-flight LGA-ATL
When we arrived at ATL, we collected our bags and headed to the hotel with a taxi. Staffco arranged the Holiday Inn for us.

Our hotel
After that we had lunch across the hotel at Red Lobster, while Grietje briefed us on what we had to do. Grietje is Senior Consultant, so she is our supervisor. After lunch, we all went to our rooms to get ready and in our AFC uniform, we headed to the Delta World Headquarters in downtown Atlanta. There we had meetings with certain people and talked about what we were here for. Sorry I cannot go into details and discuss it. Confidentiality applies.

Delta Airlines Inc. World Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia
After a few rounds of meetings, we called it a day and went back to the hotel. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and headed straight to our rooms. We were all tired. I watched TV for a while and fell in a deep sleep.
Tuesday
We got up early again. I ordered roomservice for breakfast and then met the others in the lobby in my uniform. Today we would be another round of meetings at the DL headquarters, but only for 3 hours and then we were done. During a break, we got a tour by a DL employee throughout the buidling and in the parkinglot I found something unbelievable!!! Take a look...
Delta Mini? LOL! I also have a Mini, but it sure doesn't look like this!! Very cute though!
After the last meeting we said goodbye to the DL people. We were done. We now have enough information to work with and can now start the project on behalf of DL.
Back at the hotel, we changed clothes and it was time to hit the city! Sightseeing!! It was hot in Atlanta! Damn! Anyway we took the bus to downtown Atlanta and armed with a back-pack and camera we explored this city. Here is what we did...
Downtown Atlanta
Marcel @ Metropolitan Museum
We visited the Coca Cola Headquarters which is based in Atlanta and I bought this souvenir after a tour of the place
CNN is also based in Atlanta and we also took a tour. Man that place is huge!
Marcel with Natasha and Greg. Natasha is Marcel's cousin who lives in Atlanta. She is married to Greg... an American
Pfff... I need a break!
Grietje trying to look cool with my Oakley sunglasses. Lol!
We had dinner at a great restaurant in the Marriott tower. Look at the view of Atlanta at night... beautiful
After a whole afternoon and evening roaming the city and a great dinner at Marriott, we headed back to the hotel. It was our last night, so we went to Grietje's room to talk for a while. We ordered a bottle of wine and Vodka from roomservice, but after a while I don't remember anything...
I fell asleep and everyone though it would be funny to put my glasses on and take this picture. Thanks you guys!
Afterwards we all headed to our own rooms to go to sleep...
Today:
So now you are all updated on what we did here in Atlanta. Today we fly back to Amsterdam. I am already packed and will order roomservice. We decided to meet eachother in the lobby at 12.00 and check-out. From there we'll take a taxi to the airport and check-in at KLM. Staffco booked us on the KL 622 departing at 17.05. So we''ll have lunch at the airport to kill time, while waiting for our flight.
From Atlanta, Georgia... Goodbye!












9 Comments:
Mitchellman! Great post. Ik ben allang blij dat je terugkomt. Kom je eerst je auto ophalen of ga je direct naar Dordt. Bel maar als je op Schiphol aankomt.
Enfin m'n ORD is gesloopt en ben nu ingedeeld op IAH, dus ben een extra dag vrij.
Geniet van je laatste uren en tot morgen.
Rob
Robbedoes! Ik probeer je steeds te bellen, maar m'n GSM pakt de signaal van Verizon of T-Mobile niet op! Gisteren werkte het wel. Raar!
Maar goed... breng jij m'n auto maar naar Dordrecht, want zodar ik thuis ben, moet ik naar de tandaarts voor controle. Ik heb een afspraak voor 13.30, dus no time to waste.
Ryan
And I am back in Holland!!! Great trip report! Well Sint Maarten carnaval was good!!!!!!
Yesterday I flew from Sint Maarten to Philly and on to AMS with US Airways. What a drama airline, man! They are cheap to fly to Aruba and Sint Maarten, but there is always a problem with them.
Anyway I am back in Hoofddorp and am now going to bed. Jet lag!
Give me a call tomorrow when you are back in Holland.
Have a safe flight!
Les
Thanks Lesley! Glad you are back. I will call ya tomorrow.
Ryan
I've been reading your blog for quite sometime and I truly enjoy the stories, pictures and videos.
Keep it up.
Jonathan @ Aberdeen
Haa die Ry! Fijne reis morgen, jongen!
Arie
Nou nou nou Ryan. Wat zijn wij vroeg bezig zeg. Leuke foto van je, hè?
Maar goed ik ga nu douchen en heb al m'n ontbijt besteld. Ik zie je strakkes in de lobby. Niet laat zijn!!
Grietje
Have a safe flight son! See if you can buy a carton of Marlboro for Carlos at the airport duty free. Since your phone isn't working, I hope you read this before you leave the US.
Ma
Vlieg ze en tot morgen!
Ric
Post a Comment
<< Home