KLM Engineering & Maintenance
Today I haeded to KLM E&M at Schiphol-Oost. This for the continuation of the KLM project. We are already behind schedule and Paris is putting the pressure on us. So we have to put a rush on it.
With approximately 5,000 employees, KLM Engineering & Maintenance is the third Business of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, next to Passenger Transport and Cargo, and one of the largest MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operation) companies affiliated to an airliner in the world. At Amsterdam Airport Schiphol KLM E&M use 10 wide body and 11 narrow body positions and various modern warehouses, shops and test facilities.
KLM E&M consists of several SBU's (Site Business Units); Wide Body Base Maintenance, Maintenance unit Narrow Body, Line Maintenance, Engine Services, Component Services and Engineering.

KLM Engine Services
I was at the unite Engine Services, while Brenda, Grietje, Freddy, Marcel and Judith went to other units. It was a very interesting day and I learned a lot from the people at this Unit. I had on my KLM uniform (as we must for the KLM project), but I quickly learned that this is not allowed in the unit, so I got a t-shirt and jeans from the secretary... specially for visitors of this unit.


Working area of Engine Services. They can overall engines from General Electric, Pratt & Witney, Trent and Rolls Royce. GE are their specialty though.

Me in the Public Utility Center (PUC)
A video I uploaded to YouTube of me in the PUC
A video of one of the newest KLM 777 rolling into the hangar for a Line Maintenance check. This is the PH-BQL "Litomyšl Castle", uploaded to YouTube.
It was a very long day in that noisy place, but at least I got what I had to do done. After we were done, we put back on our uniforms and had dinner at the Bemanningcentrum at SPL. After that we said goodbye and headed home. When I arrived home, there were friends of my mother visiting, so I sat and talked for a while.

Het was gezellig!
After a while I called it a day. Now I am going to shower and catch my bed. It has been a long day!
With approximately 5,000 employees, KLM Engineering & Maintenance is the third Business of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, next to Passenger Transport and Cargo, and one of the largest MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operation) companies affiliated to an airliner in the world. At Amsterdam Airport Schiphol KLM E&M use 10 wide body and 11 narrow body positions and various modern warehouses, shops and test facilities.
KLM E&M consists of several SBU's (Site Business Units); Wide Body Base Maintenance, Maintenance unit Narrow Body, Line Maintenance, Engine Services, Component Services and Engineering.

KLM Engine Services
I was at the unite Engine Services, while Brenda, Grietje, Freddy, Marcel and Judith went to other units. It was a very interesting day and I learned a lot from the people at this Unit. I had on my KLM uniform (as we must for the KLM project), but I quickly learned that this is not allowed in the unit, so I got a t-shirt and jeans from the secretary... specially for visitors of this unit.


Working area of Engine Services. They can overall engines from General Electric, Pratt & Witney, Trent and Rolls Royce. GE are their specialty though.

Me in the Public Utility Center (PUC)
A video I uploaded to YouTube of me in the PUC
A video of one of the newest KLM 777 rolling into the hangar for a Line Maintenance check. This is the PH-BQL "Litomyšl Castle", uploaded to YouTube.
It was a very long day in that noisy place, but at least I got what I had to do done. After we were done, we put back on our uniforms and had dinner at the Bemanningcentrum at SPL. After that we said goodbye and headed home. When I arrived home, there were friends of my mother visiting, so I sat and talked for a while.

Het was gezellig!
After a while I called it a day. Now I am going to shower and catch my bed. It has been a long day!
4 Comments:
Dat was pas interessant om te zien! Wederom een goeie blog, Ryan!
Ans
Quite interesting indeed. Well I am here in Orlando. We went to Universal Studios this afternoon and really enjoyed ourselved. I am dead tired, but I had to do some schoolwork. So I am just typing away on my laptop.
Tommorrow we fly down to Miami and from there to San Juan and Sint Maarten.
Is your Dad already there?
Anyway Mitch... regards to everyone for me.
Les
Anyway see ya in a week and regards to everyone.
Hi Les.. yes our dad left aruba this morning and is now in sint maarten. He called a while ago to let us know he arrived safely.
Ryan is sleeping right now.
Enjoy yourself and don't get blacker than you already are!
Jun-jun
Man jun-jun, haul your white @ss from here! You fresh! LOL!
Anyway greet your brother for me.
Les
Post a Comment
<< Home