The Big Apple!
Saturday:
Manhattan Sheraton, New York City - Local time 21.57
Yesterday morning I headed to Rotterdam with my car to R's house and left it parked there. From there we took the tram and then the train to SPL. In front of the crew center we said goodbye, while R. headed to get briefed for his CDG flight. I headed to the Air France briefing office on the 2nd floor, where Brenda and me got briefed on our assignment and we received our e-tickets.
From there we checked-in, did some duty free shopping and headed to the gate to board KL 641 to New York/JFK. We were flying a 777-200ER "PH-BQC - Chichen-Itza". This time we flew economy class; World Business Class was full.

Our airplane
The flight across took about 7 hours and at 15.25 we landed at JFK. Normally we take a cab to the hotel, but the KLM captain asked us if we wanted to go in the crew bus with them, since we were all staying at the same hotel. So we headed to the Sheraton with the crew bus.

The crew bus

Our hotel - Manhattan Sheraton

My room
We dumped our bags in the room and then headed into Manhattan for a walk. Grietje, Marcel and Freddy were arriving on the 2nd KLM flight at 20.10. After coffee at Starbucks, we headed back to the hotel. We headed up to Brenda's room to start preliminary work for the meeting with the Delta people Sunday morning. Around 22.00 Grietje sent a SMS that she was in the lobby. We went down and there we met her together with Marcel and Freddy. After a drink in Grietje's room, we called it a night.
Sunday:
After breakfast we went to 5th Avenue to the Delta city office for our meeting with Management.

Meeting with the Delta people
It took about 3 hours (cannot discuss) and with all the info at hand, we headed into the Big Apple for some sightseeing and shopping. This is not my first time in NYC... I've been here 3 times before this and I never get tired of the city! We had dinner at the Hard Rock Café on 42nd street.

Ground Zero

Times Square during the day

Shopping on 5th Avenue

Marcel on the Brooklyn Bridge

Chilling out at Central Park

Times Square at night

Brenda & me @ Times Squares at night

Grietje & me at Times Square at night
Now I am heading to bed! Tomorrow morning early we have to head to the airport for our flight to Atlanta. This time we fly out from New York La Guardia/LGA instead of JFK.
Cheers from New York!
NOTE:
I got an e-mail from an anonymous blog reader saying that she can't play the videos I displayed recently. I checked with my YouTube account and it was blocked for outsiders, but now anyone can view them! So I'll post them again. My sincere apologies for this and please, if anything anyone can e-mail me.
KL 753/KL 754 - Posted on April 25, 2006
KLM 777 @ SPL-Oost - Posted on April 27, 2006
Me in the PUC - Posted on April 27, 2006
Manhattan Sheraton, New York City - Local time 21.57
Yesterday morning I headed to Rotterdam with my car to R's house and left it parked there. From there we took the tram and then the train to SPL. In front of the crew center we said goodbye, while R. headed to get briefed for his CDG flight. I headed to the Air France briefing office on the 2nd floor, where Brenda and me got briefed on our assignment and we received our e-tickets.
From there we checked-in, did some duty free shopping and headed to the gate to board KL 641 to New York/JFK. We were flying a 777-200ER "PH-BQC - Chichen-Itza". This time we flew economy class; World Business Class was full.

Our airplane
The flight across took about 7 hours and at 15.25 we landed at JFK. Normally we take a cab to the hotel, but the KLM captain asked us if we wanted to go in the crew bus with them, since we were all staying at the same hotel. So we headed to the Sheraton with the crew bus.

The crew bus

Our hotel - Manhattan Sheraton

My room
We dumped our bags in the room and then headed into Manhattan for a walk. Grietje, Marcel and Freddy were arriving on the 2nd KLM flight at 20.10. After coffee at Starbucks, we headed back to the hotel. We headed up to Brenda's room to start preliminary work for the meeting with the Delta people Sunday morning. Around 22.00 Grietje sent a SMS that she was in the lobby. We went down and there we met her together with Marcel and Freddy. After a drink in Grietje's room, we called it a night.
Sunday:
After breakfast we went to 5th Avenue to the Delta city office for our meeting with Management.

Meeting with the Delta people
It took about 3 hours (cannot discuss) and with all the info at hand, we headed into the Big Apple for some sightseeing and shopping. This is not my first time in NYC... I've been here 3 times before this and I never get tired of the city! We had dinner at the Hard Rock Café on 42nd street.

Ground Zero

Times Square during the day

Shopping on 5th Avenue

Marcel on the Brooklyn Bridge

Chilling out at Central Park

Times Square at night

Brenda & me @ Times Squares at night

Grietje & me at Times Square at night
Now I am heading to bed! Tomorrow morning early we have to head to the airport for our flight to Atlanta. This time we fly out from New York La Guardia/LGA instead of JFK.
Cheers from New York!
NOTE:
I got an e-mail from an anonymous blog reader saying that she can't play the videos I displayed recently. I checked with my YouTube account and it was blocked for outsiders, but now anyone can view them! So I'll post them again. My sincere apologies for this and please, if anything anyone can e-mail me.
KL 753/KL 754 - Posted on April 25, 2006
KLM 777 @ SPL-Oost - Posted on April 27, 2006
Me in the PUC - Posted on April 27, 2006
8 Comments:
Thank you! I can now view the videos!
You are welcome, anonymous. Did anyone else have problems viewing the videos, because no one else mentioned it before. Just curious...
Ryan
I didn't. I could have viewed them just fine. Enjoy yourself.
Micheline
Hoi Ry!
Ja ik had ook problemen, maar dacht dat het aan mijn PC lag. Maar ik kan ze nu goed zien. Gave videos!
Veel plezier in Atlanta
Miekesch
Yo, buddy! No problems here! Jouvert was great and in a few hours it's the Grand Parade.
Exciting!!
Will keep you posted. Enjouy ATL!
.. and you enjoy SXM. Take it easy!
Ryan
Thanks. I can now also view the videos.
Me too! Keep on blogging!
H.
Post a Comment
<< Home