Simply the best
The world is filled with unlikely friendships. How do they begin? With one person in need and another willing to lend a helping hand. When such kindness is offered, we see people in a different light. Before we know it, a bond has formed, regardless if others can understand it. Yes… unlikely friendships start up everyday. I have many friendships and those who read my weblog know that by now. But there is one friend that stands out... it's my best buddy Lesley.
We met a few years back and since then we've been inseperable. We both are originally from the Caribbean (I'm from Aruba and he's from St. Maarten), we both worked at KLM, we both love to travel and we've seen many places on this planet what a normal person from the Caribbean would normally never get to see in a lifetime. We both have good positions at work in similar fields, so for island boys we are doing extremely well.
We don't live close to each other, because I live in Dordt and he lives at Hoofddorp near Schiphol. But we always chat on MSN, often meet to have lunch at La Place in Amsterdam and frequently travel together. Together we've been to the Houston, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle (for work), London, Paris, Barcelona, Málaga, Manchester and last week Berlin. He's been to Aruba and stayed with my family and I stayed with his in St. Maarten for carnival. Yes we are close. He helped me through the rough times I had in my personal and professional life and always had my back. When I felt that I didn't have the ability to reach for the top, he encouraged and helped me and gave me confidence... but most importantly we always have fun! Yes, of course we have disagreements at times and fight, but I know that no matter how bad the fight, he'll always be my friend.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because today is Lesley's birthday and I want to put him in the spotlight. A friend is someone who shares all your great moments with you. A true friend is someone who is there to share all the bad moments too. Thank you for being a true friend. So a very happy birthday to a friend who has seen me at my best and my worst and still likes me despite it!

@ SPL back from a city trip in 2005

In the United Kingdom 2005

Lesley @ work

Striking a pose as a model

Party in Berlin last week

Six Flags Walibi World

In front of Big Ben in London (2003)

Goliath @ Six Flags over Houston 2004!!!!!

Splash!
Video moment

Yahooooooo!

Speaks for itself with my Mickey Mouse ears... EuroDisney 2004 in Paris
Yes... time for another trip!


A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be....
We met a few years back and since then we've been inseperable. We both are originally from the Caribbean (I'm from Aruba and he's from St. Maarten), we both worked at KLM, we both love to travel and we've seen many places on this planet what a normal person from the Caribbean would normally never get to see in a lifetime. We both have good positions at work in similar fields, so for island boys we are doing extremely well.
We don't live close to each other, because I live in Dordt and he lives at Hoofddorp near Schiphol. But we always chat on MSN, often meet to have lunch at La Place in Amsterdam and frequently travel together. Together we've been to the Houston, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle (for work), London, Paris, Barcelona, Málaga, Manchester and last week Berlin. He's been to Aruba and stayed with my family and I stayed with his in St. Maarten for carnival. Yes we are close. He helped me through the rough times I had in my personal and professional life and always had my back. When I felt that I didn't have the ability to reach for the top, he encouraged and helped me and gave me confidence... but most importantly we always have fun! Yes, of course we have disagreements at times and fight, but I know that no matter how bad the fight, he'll always be my friend.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because today is Lesley's birthday and I want to put him in the spotlight. A friend is someone who shares all your great moments with you. A true friend is someone who is there to share all the bad moments too. Thank you for being a true friend. So a very happy birthday to a friend who has seen me at my best and my worst and still likes me despite it!

@ SPL back from a city trip in 2005

In the United Kingdom 2005

Lesley @ work

Striking a pose as a model

Party in Berlin last week

Six Flags Walibi World

In front of Big Ben in London (2003)

Goliath @ Six Flags over Houston 2004!!!!!

Splash!
Video moment

Yahooooooo!

Speaks for itself with my Mickey Mouse ears... EuroDisney 2004 in Paris

Yes... time for another trip!


A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be....
2 Comments:
Gefeliciteerd Lesley! Je bent weer een jaartje ouder dus. Een heel fijn verjaardag toegewenst en geniet van je dag.
Robin
Congratulations Lesley and many more years to come.
Micheline
Post a Comment
<< Home