KL0742 BON-AMS
I'm over my jetlag. It was a long hectic weekend in Aruba with little sleep and lots of alcohol. Combine that with 2 mid-atlantic flights... well I guess you know what I mean!
Tuesday morning, after I packed all my bags, I took a cab from Renaissance Hotel to San-Nicolas to drop my cousin Jeandrina home and say goodbye to my grandparents. With the same cab I went to the airport, where a ticket was waiting for me to go to Curacao (CUR)/Bonaire (BON) at the ticket office. Soon after Klaas, the purser came from the hotel, picked up his ticket and together we checked in for the 12.00 flight to CUR/BON with Dutch Antilles Express (9H).
Exactly on-time we left AUA and after a short 20 minute stop in CUR, we continued to BON.


After we arrived in BON we saw KL754 that came in from Quito & Guayaquil. Ground crew was busy turning the flight around for its continuation to AMS
In BON we took a taxi to Divi Flamingo, our hotel where the rest of the crew were staying. As we came in with the KL733, we didn't know anyone of this crew. After lunch and a little swimming at the pool I went to my room an napped for a few hours. Later at dinner, I met some of the other crewmembers and we ate together. Klaas informed us that the KL741 came in a few hours late from AMS and continued to Lima (LIM) so the KL742 was also going to be 2-3 hours late.

Crew hotel: Divi Flamingo Resort
After some TV, I went back to bed and at 02.30 we got our wake-up call. After a shower and a shave I was in the lobby for 03.30 in uniform. We all took cabs to Amalia Airport. After we put our suitcases on the belt we went to the departure hall and waited for the flight to come in from LIM. After it landed we walked over to the plane and when most of the transit passengers came off, we went on board to relieve the crew.

Our airplane back. PH-KCF "Annie Romein"



Flight preperation. Our purser, Klaas, is well-known. Besides a purser he is also a DJ and a fashion model! The blue arrow is pointing at Klaas.

Purser Work Station (PWS)
Within an hour we left BON. The flight was a full one. Of the almost 300 passengers most were Peruvians. Only 65 passengers came on in BON, of which 57 were rebookings from AUA and CUR due to overbooking. All IPB'ers got left back.
Service on board was dinner, snack and breakfast. Because it quickly becomes light, we asked all the passengers to lower their window shades. I helped throughout most of the flight. It was a fun crew and they all helped me out greatly with my questions, queries and questionnaires. Thanks for that.

In-flight
It was dark and then became light and then became dark again! Talk about going through a day very quickly! After 9 hour and 30 minutes and 2 hours late, we touched down in AMS at 19.45.

Sunset. 2hours prior to landing

Arrival at a dark & cold Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
After everyone was off, we went to debrief. Even crew get 100% controle when coming from the Caribbean. The crap that crew has to go through with security is amazing! I thanked the crew, said goodbye and took the train home.

Thanks to the great crew for this flight and a special thanks to Klaas for making this trip to AUA possible for me. Dank je!
This was my last observation flight and I can now return my flight uniform and wings. It was good while it lasted, but it also reinforced my belief that flying for a living is definitely not for me. I'm afraid that if I do that, I'll lose my love for that special thing called aviation.
Tuesday morning, after I packed all my bags, I took a cab from Renaissance Hotel to San-Nicolas to drop my cousin Jeandrina home and say goodbye to my grandparents. With the same cab I went to the airport, where a ticket was waiting for me to go to Curacao (CUR)/Bonaire (BON) at the ticket office. Soon after Klaas, the purser came from the hotel, picked up his ticket and together we checked in for the 12.00 flight to CUR/BON with Dutch Antilles Express (9H).
Exactly on-time we left AUA and after a short 20 minute stop in CUR, we continued to BON.


After we arrived in BON we saw KL754 that came in from Quito & Guayaquil. Ground crew was busy turning the flight around for its continuation to AMS
In BON we took a taxi to Divi Flamingo, our hotel where the rest of the crew were staying. As we came in with the KL733, we didn't know anyone of this crew. After lunch and a little swimming at the pool I went to my room an napped for a few hours. Later at dinner, I met some of the other crewmembers and we ate together. Klaas informed us that the KL741 came in a few hours late from AMS and continued to Lima (LIM) so the KL742 was also going to be 2-3 hours late.

Crew hotel: Divi Flamingo Resort
After some TV, I went back to bed and at 02.30 we got our wake-up call. After a shower and a shave I was in the lobby for 03.30 in uniform. We all took cabs to Amalia Airport. After we put our suitcases on the belt we went to the departure hall and waited for the flight to come in from LIM. After it landed we walked over to the plane and when most of the transit passengers came off, we went on board to relieve the crew.

Our airplane back. PH-KCF "Annie Romein"



Flight preperation. Our purser, Klaas, is well-known. Besides a purser he is also a DJ and a fashion model! The blue arrow is pointing at Klaas.

Purser Work Station (PWS)
Within an hour we left BON. The flight was a full one. Of the almost 300 passengers most were Peruvians. Only 65 passengers came on in BON, of which 57 were rebookings from AUA and CUR due to overbooking. All IPB'ers got left back.
Service on board was dinner, snack and breakfast. Because it quickly becomes light, we asked all the passengers to lower their window shades. I helped throughout most of the flight. It was a fun crew and they all helped me out greatly with my questions, queries and questionnaires. Thanks for that.

In-flight
It was dark and then became light and then became dark again! Talk about going through a day very quickly! After 9 hour and 30 minutes and 2 hours late, we touched down in AMS at 19.45.

Sunset. 2hours prior to landing

Arrival at a dark & cold Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
After everyone was off, we went to debrief. Even crew get 100% controle when coming from the Caribbean. The crap that crew has to go through with security is amazing! I thanked the crew, said goodbye and took the train home.

Thanks to the great crew for this flight and a special thanks to Klaas for making this trip to AUA possible for me. Dank je!
This was my last observation flight and I can now return my flight uniform and wings. It was good while it lasted, but it also reinforced my belief that flying for a living is definitely not for me. I'm afraid that if I do that, I'll lose my love for that special thing called aviation.
1 Comments:
Great trip report. At least you got to experience carnival.
Les
Post a Comment
<< Home