Thursday, February 16, 2006

Girls & boys just wanna have fun

Today is our last full day in Kuala-Lumpur, so we decided to not let it go to waste and do stuff. The captain, who is a big baseball fan, wanted to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame in mid-town Kuala-Lumpur. I also like baseball, so I was totally up for it. After we asked who wanted to come along, we took the metro to the city. There some decided to stay in the city to shop, others went for a massage and others went along with us.

After looking around and asking for directions, we found the place and we went in. It was an amazing sight. You see signed memorabilia and can buy t-shirts, flags etc. It was really fun at the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The gang

From there we split up. Some wanted to go to the market to shop, while others wanted to go to a Buddha temple. I wanted to go to the Buddha temple. R. who isn’t that much into culture, wanted to go shopping, so we each went our own way to meet each other back at Petronas Towers to take the metro back to the hotel in Bangi. We were going to visit the Great Pagoda Temple. Malaysia has many temples, and this was a pretty famous one with tombs. Quite interesting to see. I am always interested in the cultures of other countries, so I was glad to have been there.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Purser Max and his partner Theo outside of the Pagoda temple
Image hosting by Photobucket
Sacred Road
Image hosting by Photobucket
May-Ling
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
May-Ling and Hans
Image hosting by Photobucket
Sacred Road is a long road leading to the Temple of the White Pagoda. The road is surrounded with animals, such as elephants, dragons, lions etc. Each of these animals represent a Emperor of the past
Image hosting by Photobucket
Me

After we were done, we took the bus back to Petronas Tower and from there we headed back to Bangi. There we swam a little in the pool. All that swimming, makes you hungry, so R., Daniëlle and me decided to go to Putra Jaya to a great Chinese restaurant (Mekong) and have dinner. R. being half Chinese and this being his 3rd or 4th time in Malaysia, knew exactly what the best place to eat was.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Daniëlle & R.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Yes... even I can eat with chopsticks. When you are around someone who is half Chinese, you gotta learn. LOL!


After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and called it a day. Tomorrow is our last day in Malaysia and then we head back home.

I also want to mention that I got great news from KLM’s crewco. I got a flight to Aruba as part of the MD-11 evaluation. I can’t thank Klaas H. enough. He is a KLM Senior Purser and a frequent visitor to Aruba and thanks to his help I got it. Dank je Klaas!

Auf wiedersehen!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great and funny post. Have a good one tomorrow and see you at Schiphol.

Les

17.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Cinnabon!

Ma

17.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what!!! Today I was doing Delta and I checked in Joran van der Sloot. He was going to JFK. I wonder what's up!

Tonny

17.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is he? A celebrity?

17.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy that killed that Nathaly Halloway chick. Maybe he went to shop. Many Dutch people go to New yrok for the weekend. It's one of the ceapest destinations to go to. You can get tickets from €199,-

Andy

17.2.06  
Blogger Traveller said...

He didn't kill anyone, Andy! The name is Natalee Holloway. Joran van der Sloot was a suspect in the case. Innocent until proven guilty!

Maybe he went on holiday to the US. It is krokus vakantie afterall....

Ryan

17.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say he killed her! Whatever. Anyway I just saw on 2 Vandaag on Nederland 2 that he is there to give an interview to ABC. I'm not sure though, but they think they arrested him on the spot. Nothing confirmed!

Keep you posted.

Les

17.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are terrible! Mi Dios!!

17.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home