A Picture is Worth 1000 Words
I get many emails from my weblog readers asking me why and how I take so many pictures. Simple really... I always have my digital camera (Kodak Easyshare Z740) or my GSM (Samsung D500) with me. I have come to realize that it's not the pictures people pose for that are interesting, but those that are just captured at the moment. Those are the pictures that peak my interest. I am always snapping away hoping that maybe, just maybe there will be a picture that takes my breath away.
Cameras are simple tools designed to capture images. But in truth, they can capture so much more. They can uncover moments of sadness...


moments of craziness

What a way to shampoo your hair

My ex-colleague and friend Kees of KLM Ramp & Platform Services going to get dunked in water on his last day at work 2 years ago
moments of laughter...

My friend Kas driving behind me with a knowing smile

My friend Mac laughing at a joke

Laughing children at a school in Mombassa, Kenya where I vacationed last year

My cousin Monique and my brother's girlfriend Mandy
moments of family fun...

My cousin Jennifer behind my PC at home

My parents and other family having a good laugh in our kitchen

Mom enjoying St. Maarten carnival on DVD

My brother with uncle Raymond

Tante Omayra and tante Ava doing craziness on my brother's motorbike

The picture says it all

Mom with Mandy
moments of peace...

R. and his beloved blue bird

Man and the sea
a moment of pride

Tante Grace and my cousin Jeandrina. Jeandrina just graduated
a moment of giving

My friend Tommie treating me an empanada in Guayaquil, Ecuador
moments of love

R. with his Godson

Me and my Goddaughter at Schiphol
personal moments



My parents getting married in 2004
a moment of celebration

Mom in Aruba's carnival; Coastal group
and of course the important moments of friendship

Best friends at Eetcafé The Paddock in Aruba

My buddy Lesley P. and me in London

My friend Darrell and me in Aruba ready to go to the full moon party

A group of us at a nightclub in Aruba in 2004

Lesley and me in a rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles USA last year
You see all of these are moments of life captured in an image by a camera. Cameras can uncover hidden longing in a man, woman or child… they can reveal the extraordinary secrets of the most ordinary things. Most amazing of all, cameras can quietly and clearly reveal to us our dreams. Some of them are dreams we didn’t even know we had…
Cameras are simple tools designed to capture images. But in truth, they can capture so much more. They can uncover moments of sadness...

Father and daughter (Uncle Raymond and Jennifer) saying goodbye at Schiphol as he returns to Aruba

Sad because I just left my family behind in Aruba
moments of craziness

What a way to shampoo your hair

My ex-colleague and friend Kees of KLM Ramp & Platform Services going to get dunked in water on his last day at work 2 years ago
moments of laughter...

My friend Kas driving behind me with a knowing smile

My friend Mac laughing at a joke

Laughing children at a school in Mombassa, Kenya where I vacationed last year

My cousin Monique and my brother's girlfriend Mandy
moments of family fun...

My cousin Jennifer behind my PC at home

My parents and other family having a good laugh in our kitchen

Mom enjoying St. Maarten carnival on DVD

My brother with uncle Raymond

Tante Omayra and tante Ava doing craziness on my brother's motorbike

The picture says it all

Mom with Mandy
moments of peace...

R. and his beloved blue bird

Man and the sea
a moment of pride

Tante Grace and my cousin Jeandrina. Jeandrina just graduated
a moment of giving

My friend Tommie treating me an empanada in Guayaquil, Ecuador
moments of love

R. with his Godson

Me and my Goddaughter at Schiphol
personal moments



My parents getting married in 2004
a moment of celebration

Mom in Aruba's carnival; Coastal group
and of course the important moments of friendship

Best friends at Eetcafé The Paddock in Aruba

My buddy Lesley P. and me in London

My friend Darrell and me in Aruba ready to go to the full moon party

A group of us at a nightclub in Aruba in 2004

Lesley and me in a rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles USA last year
You see all of these are moments of life captured in an image by a camera. Cameras can uncover hidden longing in a man, woman or child… they can reveal the extraordinary secrets of the most ordinary things. Most amazing of all, cameras can quietly and clearly reveal to us our dreams. Some of them are dreams we didn’t even know we had…

Smile!
And remember; if you keep smiling, the whole world will smile with you.
8 Comments:
Wow!That was an amazing piece! I almost had to cry. Good job on this post, Ryan.
Amazing piece to read. You should become a writer.
That was a great post. I never really though of pictures like that, but you have a good point. This is definitelyanother point of view.
Keep it up!
Mitchellman,
je wordt hier steeds beter in; misschien moet je schrijver worden ofzo. Ik vond het een heel mooi stukje.
Groeten uit het warme en zonnige Paramaribo.
Robin
Alweer een leuke log. Je moet wel geestelijk creatief zijn om zoiets te bedenken. Maar wel heel leuk hoor.
Ik spreek je morgen wel.
Groetjes,
Brenda
A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. Good blog.
So when do you go back to work?
P.S: Six Flags was indeed great as was Boeing Everett Field. You should have put those pictures online. Anyway maybe a next time.
I have to work at 12.00 and I am doing SK in vertek 3.
Peace.
Les
Thank you everyone for the compliments.
@ Robby: Vergeet de massala deze keer niet. Mail je later wel
@ Brenda: Als je belt, moet je op m'n privé nummer bellen en niet m'n werknummer. Die GSM gaat pas maandag aan en niet eerder!
@ Lesley: Work is Monday again. I don't know if I have an "out" assignment or something in Holland. I really hope I don't have to trave abroad, I am just not in the mood.
But on another note; why are you doing SAS today... you never do SAS. Call me from the counter! Or SMS me your balienummer and I'll call you.
Cheers!
@ Drgodzillon said...
I live in guayaquil, ecuador.
Guayaquil is a beautifull city. I was there beginning of last year on my way to the Galapagos Islands. Have you ever been there?
There are alot of iguanas!!!
Saludos de Holanda!
Post a Comment
<< Home