Tuesday, January 31, 2006

KLM Crown Lounges

Today I worked in the KLM Crown Lounges (SPL/HJ). There are 3 of them at SPL. The Crown Lounges are reserved for the premium passengers from KLM and its (SkyTeam) partners who are either travelling in first- or business class or a frequent flyer members with an elite status.

A lounge is there so you can relax with a snack and/or drink, you can make phonecalls, fax or internet and you can even have a shower in between flights. It's a very relaxing place to be, especially for business travellers. But if you are travelling on a Economy ticket and you are not an Elite member of Flying Blue or SkyTeam, you can also purchase a ticket to get in with your miles. You can also get in the lounges with the following cards: KLM American Express Corporate Card, KLM Plus Card and KLM Skippers.
Image hosting by Photobucket

KLM Crown Lounge 41 ate the E-pier
Image hosting by Photobucket
KLM Crown Lounge 52 at the F-pier

I was there to observe the workers in the lounge and to interview some of them and select passengers. In the lounge, you can also check-in for a flight. It was kind of boring really, but hey.... it comes with the job, right?

After work I hung around Schiphol Plaza drinking coffee, bacause I wanted to wait for R. who was coming in from Bucharest. The flight landed on time and together we headed to Rotterdam. We have to finalize everything regarding the Paris trip, because Thursday morning I am leaving. R. will arrive Thursday evening, because he has to do a Kiev flight on during the day.

I am sleeping in Rotterdam tonight, because tomorrow is another very early day again. Pfffffff.... I hate getting up early! But first let me give my weblog a new look. Hope you guys like it! (Thanks to ATCbox'er Rien for the help)

More pics of today can be found
here. Submap SPLHJ.