Go Live!
Today is the big day that we kicked-off the Air France-KLM project. It's the day we "go live" as we say in the business. It started out by me going to work this morning and doing some prep work. Then we had a little ceremony of our own, where all the AFC employees sign a "poster of intent" in a public promise to go all the way and to do our best.

AFC employees signing the poster

The poster: Rapid Transformation with Operations Excellence - Wij gaan ervoor!
After we were done with the ceremony, a bus picked us up and carried us to Schiphol.

Bus
At Schiphol we went to the "kelder" where we would be kicking-off the opening ceremony with the employees of KLM Platform & Ramp Services. We wanted to celebrate the occasion with the people on the floor... the employees who work behind the scenes at KLM. Those are the people who are going to help us get complete access inside the KLM company. Without them this project will not be possible.

Go Live goal

The Project Manager kicking the Go Live goal open to symbolize the start of the project

Let the project begin!
There was also cake, but that was a disaster. Some Dutch people just cannot spell in English. Take a look:

"Go life" instead of "Go live"... dummies!

A speech by the Master Black Belt

Manager from the KLM turnaround team with 2 AFC consultants; Marja and Suzanne

I am not the only one taking pictures
After we had drinks and cake, the bus took us back to Rijswijk. From there I headed to Rotterdam, because R. came back from his Paramaribo trip this morning at 09.30. Once again R. had a good time with the family. Here are some pictures R. took in Surinam:

R. with the family - Picture by R. de G.

R. and family having Dimsum in Zorg en Hoop - Picture by R. de G.
Now R. and I are planning a trip to Paris for our friends and family. You see my birthday is February 3rd, while R's birthday is February 7th. We decided we didn't want to spend it in Holland, so we were going to go away. But finding the time with our schedules is difficult. So we decided we're going to fly out some of our friends and family to Paris to celebrate both of our birthdays together.
How are we going to do that? Simple really... we both are allowed to carry two companions on any Air France or KLM flight to Paris. We both also have a bunch of Flying Blue miles and my Mom and Dad are giving us some of their miles. With the FB miles we'll pay for flights and hotels for our friends and family. Some of them will have to take the Thalys train to Paris, because they are afraid to fly. It's a lot of planning, but it's going to be fun! Right we're busy figuring out which flight times are convenient to request award tickets as well as non-revenue (IPB) tickets on the KLM IPB Timetable.
I also requested my flights I wanted with KLM as a Cabin Attendant. The long-haul flight I definitely want to do with R. on one of his flights and I also would like to do a MD11 flight to Aruba, just to visit my family. But I first have to do a European one. That I'll leave crewco decide for me. It doesn't matter. We'll see what I get and for when it is. Will keep you updated!

AFC employees signing the poster

The poster: Rapid Transformation with Operations Excellence - Wij gaan ervoor!
After we were done with the ceremony, a bus picked us up and carried us to Schiphol.

Bus
At Schiphol we went to the "kelder" where we would be kicking-off the opening ceremony with the employees of KLM Platform & Ramp Services. We wanted to celebrate the occasion with the people on the floor... the employees who work behind the scenes at KLM. Those are the people who are going to help us get complete access inside the KLM company. Without them this project will not be possible.

Go Live goal

The Project Manager kicking the Go Live goal open to symbolize the start of the project

Let the project begin!
There was also cake, but that was a disaster. Some Dutch people just cannot spell in English. Take a look:

"Go life" instead of "Go live"... dummies!

A speech by the Master Black Belt

Manager from the KLM turnaround team with 2 AFC consultants; Marja and Suzanne

I am not the only one taking pictures
After we had drinks and cake, the bus took us back to Rijswijk. From there I headed to Rotterdam, because R. came back from his Paramaribo trip this morning at 09.30. Once again R. had a good time with the family. Here are some pictures R. took in Surinam:

R. with the family - Picture by R. de G.

R. and family having Dimsum in Zorg en Hoop - Picture by R. de G.
Now R. and I are planning a trip to Paris for our friends and family. You see my birthday is February 3rd, while R's birthday is February 7th. We decided we didn't want to spend it in Holland, so we were going to go away. But finding the time with our schedules is difficult. So we decided we're going to fly out some of our friends and family to Paris to celebrate both of our birthdays together.
How are we going to do that? Simple really... we both are allowed to carry two companions on any Air France or KLM flight to Paris. We both also have a bunch of Flying Blue miles and my Mom and Dad are giving us some of their miles. With the FB miles we'll pay for flights and hotels for our friends and family. Some of them will have to take the Thalys train to Paris, because they are afraid to fly. It's a lot of planning, but it's going to be fun! Right we're busy figuring out which flight times are convenient to request award tickets as well as non-revenue (IPB) tickets on the KLM IPB Timetable.
I also requested my flights I wanted with KLM as a Cabin Attendant. The long-haul flight I definitely want to do with R. on one of his flights and I also would like to do a MD11 flight to Aruba, just to visit my family. But I first have to do a European one. That I'll leave crewco decide for me. It doesn't matter. We'll see what I get and for when it is. Will keep you updated!
7 Comments:
Exciting man! Let me know which flight to CDG you get for me. I don't mind flying from Eindhoven Airport either. It's gonna be fun! Thanks for the trip guys!!!!!
Les
That is a nice way to spend you birthday indeed. Paris is the city of lights and the city of love. What better way is there, than to spend it with friends?
J-H
En ik ga ook mee naar Parijs Les. Hen net mijn email ontvangen. Ik wordt als companion bijgeschreven bij Robin en vlieg met hem mee op KL1229. Ik kan niet wachten! Het gaar zeker heel leuk worden.
Miekesch
Jij ook Miekesch? Ik heb net mijn uitnodiging ontvangen. Ik kan kiezen om als companion met Ryan mee te gaan op donderdag of vrijdag ochtend met een award ticket. Ik ga morgen bij mijn baas navragen, wanneer ik vrij kan krijgen en dan zie ik het wel!! Lijkt me heel leuk in ieder geval.
Bedankt voor de uitnodiging R & R!!
Ray
Goed nieuws! Freddy de Vos en Cees Verhoeven gaan ook mee en die vinden het niet erg om 2 companions mee te nemen op hun pass!!! Heel tof van ze en hartelijk dank jongens! Bespaart me veel geld en FB miles!
Ryan
Graag gedaan hoor. Je hebt zoveel voor mij gedaan en dit is het minste wat ik voor jou kan doen.
Freddy
No problem Ryan. Ik ben blij dat ik uitgenodigd was. besides... companion... no big deal. Tussen Amsterdam en Parijs zijn er 15 vluchten per dag. No way can we get stuck or bumped!
Post a Comment
<< Home