Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The end is near...

Today my Dad was flew back to Amsterdam. It happened rather unexpected. You see, he had to leave with ArkeFly on Friday, but due to an emergency at work he needed to be in Holland as soon as possible. Considering that KLM didn't have a flight to AMS today, he decided to use his Flying Blue miles on Delta Air Lines. I myself have been collecting miles from flights, hotels, car rentals and shopping for over 8 years now and I have accumulated 187.870 miles. I used them only once two years ago when I went to London and I only used 12.500 miles. Dad has much more... and while I'm a FB Ivory member he is a FB Platinum member, therefore giving him the status of SkyTeam Elite Plus! He's an Process Engineer for DuPont - The Miracles of Science and this requires him to travel a lot between Holland and the USA, UK, Middle-East and Asia... and so he racks up his miles. After redeeming 90.000 miles he got a flight Aruba-Atlanta-Amsterdam with Delta (DL) all the way. FB miles can be used on any SkyTeam airline. The money from the ArkeFly ticket he would get back from the job. Since I had to carry back my rental car, I decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and drop him off at the airport. Oma decided to come along. While I carried back the car, he went to check-in at DL. His flight was scheduled at 15.54.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dad & oma at the airport

After a drink we said goodbye to Dad and he went through immigration. Oma and me took the bus back to San-Nicolas. Back at home my Mom and me started to pack our bags. You know how it is... make sure everything is within 20kg.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mom and me busy packing

Later that evening we just sat around enjoying our last evening in Aruba. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mom, oma and opa just chilling at home
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My cousin Jeandrina playing the fool with me with her ugly phone :-)

Tomorrow will be a hectic day, driving around to tell everyone goodbye. All I can say I had a good time on The One Happy Island!