Een dagje Amsterdammen
Today I'm going to Amsterdam to meet my friends Lesley and Micheline. I've known them both for a long time and every once in a while we go to Amsterdam for lunch, shopping and a movie. Both of them are from St. Maarten.
I met Lesley about 4 years ago. We both worked at KLM at SPL/PG as service agents. He was working part-time and in the vacation periods full-time. You see, he was a student at ROC Amsterdam Aviation School. But while I was strictly doing check-in for Transavia and Iran Air, he was an all-around agent at the gate. So we knew each other, just by meeting in the break room.
One day Transavia wanted the service agents also to be able to do weight & balance on the 737-700, 737-800 and 757-200 themselves, because they wanted to get rid of their flight operations department. They sent a few agents to the Boeing Company in Seattle to attend a 6 week course in Load Master. We were sent 2-by-2 and Les and I were paired together. Since we were both from the Caribbean, we bonded quickly and the rest is history. We had a blast those 6 weeks at Boeing Field.


Lesley and me at Boeing Everett Field display in Seattle, Wahington USA.

Lesley and me in the UK

Lesley and me at Six Flags in the USA
Before I left KLM, he already did and went to work at Servisair/GlobeGround as a dedicated agent for Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa. The working hours were better, because with Transavia you had to work night-shifts. But now he has 3 jobs! He is a part-time gate/transfer agent at GlobeGround, an aircraft cleaner at Lavos and a part-time Data Entry Clerk at KLM Cargo (SPL/FH). Why 3 jobs? Simple really... after completeing his MBO at ROC, he is now going for his Bachelor degree and he has to pay for his very expensive study at Hogeschool InHolland in Tourism & Recreation Management. For school he once had to intern at Air France Consulting... and because of him, I got the job that I have now. Micheline and him, knew each other from St. Maarten and like that we all became good friends. Micheline is also a student at Universiteit van Amsterdam and lives with her boyfriend Theo in Purmerend, while working part-time as a dentist assistant.
Before I head to Amsterdam, I first have to drop by Schiphol, to visit another ex-colleague of mine who is now working at Menzies. Then wait for Lesley to finish work, so we can go Amsterdam together and meet Micheline.
It's going to be fun...........
I met Lesley about 4 years ago. We both worked at KLM at SPL/PG as service agents. He was working part-time and in the vacation periods full-time. You see, he was a student at ROC Amsterdam Aviation School. But while I was strictly doing check-in for Transavia and Iran Air, he was an all-around agent at the gate. So we knew each other, just by meeting in the break room.
One day Transavia wanted the service agents also to be able to do weight & balance on the 737-700, 737-800 and 757-200 themselves, because they wanted to get rid of their flight operations department. They sent a few agents to the Boeing Company in Seattle to attend a 6 week course in Load Master. We were sent 2-by-2 and Les and I were paired together. Since we were both from the Caribbean, we bonded quickly and the rest is history. We had a blast those 6 weeks at Boeing Field.


Lesley and me at Boeing Everett Field display in Seattle, Wahington USA.

Lesley and me in the UK

Lesley and me at Six Flags in the USA
Before I left KLM, he already did and went to work at Servisair/GlobeGround as a dedicated agent for Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa. The working hours were better, because with Transavia you had to work night-shifts. But now he has 3 jobs! He is a part-time gate/transfer agent at GlobeGround, an aircraft cleaner at Lavos and a part-time Data Entry Clerk at KLM Cargo (SPL/FH). Why 3 jobs? Simple really... after completeing his MBO at ROC, he is now going for his Bachelor degree and he has to pay for his very expensive study at Hogeschool InHolland in Tourism & Recreation Management. For school he once had to intern at Air France Consulting... and because of him, I got the job that I have now. Micheline and him, knew each other from St. Maarten and like that we all became good friends. Micheline is also a student at Universiteit van Amsterdam and lives with her boyfriend Theo in Purmerend, while working part-time as a dentist assistant.
Before I head to Amsterdam, I first have to drop by Schiphol, to visit another ex-colleague of mine who is now working at Menzies. Then wait for Lesley to finish work, so we can go Amsterdam together and meet Micheline.
It's going to be fun...........
<< Home