De Palm Island
My grandpa (Dad's father) works for De Palm Corporation as a Sales Manager. De Palm is a tour operator in Aruba. My Mom worked there years ago as a hostess and I myself interned and worked there for 2 years as a Tour Guide and Sales Representative. Why is this interesting? Well.... grandpa offered Junior and I do stuff for free via De Palm Tours. So in the morning early, I picked up Junior at my other grandmother, my cousin Marcus who is in Aruba on vacation from New York and then my friend Darrell and we headed down to De Palm office. There I met with grandpa and spoke to my old boss, Mr. Malmberg. After we got our vouchers we went wave running. It was only for 30 minutes, but man was that fun!

Junior showing off
After that we headed to Balashi, where we went across the water to De Palm Island. There we spent the whole afternoon eating, drinking, swimming, sunning, snorkeling and other stuff.

The boat coming to pick us up

The short trip across to De Palm Island



De Palm Island



Who said black people cannot enjoy the sun?

My cousin Marcus... yeah he is white, I know. Half of my family is white, the other black. No big deal these days, right?

Going to snorkel


At the end of a really cool day
It was a real fun afternoon. Best of all, everything was free! Thank you grandpa and Mr. Malmberg of De Palm Tours. We appreciate it very much!

Junior showing off
After that we headed to Balashi, where we went across the water to De Palm Island. There we spent the whole afternoon eating, drinking, swimming, sunning, snorkeling and other stuff.

The boat coming to pick us up

The short trip across to De Palm Island



De Palm Island



Who said black people cannot enjoy the sun?

My cousin Marcus... yeah he is white, I know. Half of my family is white, the other black. No big deal these days, right?

Going to snorkel


At the end of a really cool day
It was a real fun afternoon. Best of all, everything was free! Thank you grandpa and Mr. Malmberg of De Palm Tours. We appreciate it very much!
<< Home