Back in the cold
Yesterday after we checked-in we came back home, showered and got ready to go back to the airport.

Oma, opa, mom and me. I guess you can see what our favourite color is
At the airport we met the rest of the family, who were there to tell us goodbye. Years ago, it used to be a tearfull event, but the last few years no more. My grandparents go to Holland every year in July for Rotterdam carnival. My parents go Aruba twice every year and I myself come as often as I can and as often as my pocketbook can afford it. So when we leave it's more like "untill next time in a few months".


In front of the airport

My cousin Jeandrina and me

My cousins Michelle and Stephany

Mom, my two grandmothers, my grandfather and my uncle

Mom and me just before going through immigration
After we said goodbye we headed through immigration and did some duty-free shopping. Then it was just a waiting game at the gate. The flight was slightly late coming in, so we pushed back 10 minutes late.

Gate area; if you look good, you can see our KLM MD11 through the window


Mom and me waiting for our flight

This is Roderick and Mom in the jetway. Roderick is our family. He is with the airport anti-drug team... but we are family, we never get checked... we get escorted to the plane!

Just about to board the blue bird to Amsterdam
The flight was smooth and I watched one movie and slept most of the way. We arrived in a cold and wet Amsterdam. Of course just like all flights from The Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Surinam we had to go through the 100% security check (drugs!)... as if that helps...

It was a very full flight. All the students are going back to Holland after spending X-mas in Aruba

My brother Junior a few hours before arriving in Amsterdam. He got a seat way in the back of the aircraft... close to the stewardesses, so he can ask for unlimited Heinekens :-)

Arrival in a wet and cold Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Gate G8. Our aircraft PH-KCA "Anna Pavlova" It was raining a lot!
After we were done we headed to Schiphol Plaza and sat at Burger King and had coffee and a smoke. I mean really... 10 hours and no cigarette?! After that we bought train tickets to Dordrecht and headed home.

Getting cappuccino's at BK

Mom with her heavy bags waiting for the train
And now? Well I am going to unpack, make some phonecalls, check my emails and catch my bed! Please, do not disturb!

Oma, opa, mom and me. I guess you can see what our favourite color is
At the airport we met the rest of the family, who were there to tell us goodbye. Years ago, it used to be a tearfull event, but the last few years no more. My grandparents go to Holland every year in July for Rotterdam carnival. My parents go Aruba twice every year and I myself come as often as I can and as often as my pocketbook can afford it. So when we leave it's more like "untill next time in a few months".


In front of the airport

My cousin Jeandrina and me

My cousins Michelle and Stephany

Mom, my two grandmothers, my grandfather and my uncle

Mom and me just before going through immigration
After we said goodbye we headed through immigration and did some duty-free shopping. Then it was just a waiting game at the gate. The flight was slightly late coming in, so we pushed back 10 minutes late.

Gate area; if you look good, you can see our KLM MD11 through the window


Mom and me waiting for our flight

This is Roderick and Mom in the jetway. Roderick is our family. He is with the airport anti-drug team... but we are family, we never get checked... we get escorted to the plane!

Just about to board the blue bird to Amsterdam
The flight was smooth and I watched one movie and slept most of the way. We arrived in a cold and wet Amsterdam. Of course just like all flights from The Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and Surinam we had to go through the 100% security check (drugs!)... as if that helps...

It was a very full flight. All the students are going back to Holland after spending X-mas in Aruba

My brother Junior a few hours before arriving in Amsterdam. He got a seat way in the back of the aircraft... close to the stewardesses, so he can ask for unlimited Heinekens :-)

Arrival in a wet and cold Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Gate G8. Our aircraft PH-KCA "Anna Pavlova" It was raining a lot!
After we were done we headed to Schiphol Plaza and sat at Burger King and had coffee and a smoke. I mean really... 10 hours and no cigarette?! After that we bought train tickets to Dordrecht and headed home.

Getting cappuccino's at BK

Mom with her heavy bags waiting for the train
And now? Well I am going to unpack, make some phonecalls, check my emails and catch my bed! Please, do not disturb!
4 Comments:
Welkom thuis vriend. Slaap lekker.
Hey collega, dus je bent er weer... nou slapp ze, want er is strax werk aan de winkel!
Ik vind die niuewe werkkleding van Transavia niks hoor! Nee de oude was veel beter... nee ook niet. Laat maar...
Groeten uit het koude Groningen!
Wiendeld
So you made it back buddy. I came in today as well around 10.00. What a damn long flight that was! St. Maarten-San Juan with Caribbean Star... San-Juan-Philadelphia-Amsterdam with US Airways.
And what do I get.... my luggage got left in Puerto Rico! I'll be getting it in 2 days. What a suck fest!
Anyway slaap ze! "Cause I will be doing the same.
Les
Post a Comment
<< Home