Stuck in Milan
Last night at 23.00 I took a cab to Don Muang Airport and checked in at Thai Airlines to Seoul Incheon (ICN). From there I went through immigration and to the Business Class lounge. At 01.45 I heard the boarding call and at 02.30 my flight took-off to ICN. I must say allthough being a night flight, it was the most lively, unusual flights I've ever experienced. The crew was really in the X-Mas spirit. It was a fun 5 hour flight!

In front of Bangkok/Don Muang

Thai is handled in the Star Alliance terminal

Check-in counters for Thai Airlines

Immigration at BKK

Entrance to the Thai Business Class Lounge

Thai has a very nice premium lounge. Better than KLM's Crown lounge in my opinion.

My flight at the gate. Thai Airlines Boeing 777


Thai Airlines crew feeling the X-Mas vibe :-)


In-flight
At ICN I heard that my Korean Air (KE) flight to AMS has been cancelled due to mechanical problems :-( After calling Staff Control in Holland, they arranged it, that I could fly KE to Tokyo Narita (NRT) and then take Alitalia (AZ) to Milan Malpensa (MXP). There I could connect on AZ to AMS. So 2 hours after I landed in ICN I flew to NRT with a A330-300.


At NRT I collected my bags and checked in at the AZ counter. Right after 14.00 local time I took-off from NRT for a 12 hour flight to MXP. I slept throughout most of this boring ass flight. This is my first time flying AZ (SkyTeam member) and all I can say is that the service sucks. I thought Iberia was bad!

My Alitalia flight at the gate at Tokyo/Narita

During the safety instructions

Approach to Milan/Malpensa
Late afternoon I landed at MXP, which is ironic, because R. left this morning after a one night lay-over. But another problem occured... there was bad weather surrounding the airport, so there were many cancellations and delays. I decided not to even bother and left the airport and checked-in at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

My room at the Crowne Plaza
And when you are stuck in Milan, what do you do? That's right.... you go shopping!! I went all out and bought myself some nice X-Mas gifts. I deserved it afterall. I went to Dolce & Gabanna and bought myself a calves leather half-long jacket, a white Versace bonnet and Versace belt and a pair of white Dior sneakers. I also found a headset for my PC at home. Always handy to have.

Dior store

D&G learther jacket (€499,-),


White is in! White Versace bonnet (€135,-) and white Versace belt (€87,-)


White Dior sneakers (€185,-)

PC headseat (€9,99)
So okay, I spend a lot of money, but hey.... you only live once. Besides it's December... I got my 13th month!!!! But nevertheless, I always walk with these;

MasterCard, ABN AMRO savings account, ABN AMRO current account, Postbank savings account and of course American Express, the company credit card.
So I am tired of shopping, so now I'll order roomservice and head to bed. Tomorrow morning I should be back home.
Ciao bella!

In front of Bangkok/Don Muang

Thai is handled in the Star Alliance terminal

Check-in counters for Thai Airlines

Immigration at BKK

Entrance to the Thai Business Class Lounge

Thai has a very nice premium lounge. Better than KLM's Crown lounge in my opinion.

My flight at the gate. Thai Airlines Boeing 777


Thai Airlines crew feeling the X-Mas vibe :-)


In-flight
At ICN I heard that my Korean Air (KE) flight to AMS has been cancelled due to mechanical problems :-( After calling Staff Control in Holland, they arranged it, that I could fly KE to Tokyo Narita (NRT) and then take Alitalia (AZ) to Milan Malpensa (MXP). There I could connect on AZ to AMS. So 2 hours after I landed in ICN I flew to NRT with a A330-300.

In-transfer at Seoul/Incheon

Take-off from ICN to NRT on Korean Air A330
At NRT I collected my bags and checked in at the AZ counter. Right after 14.00 local time I took-off from NRT for a 12 hour flight to MXP. I slept throughout most of this boring ass flight. This is my first time flying AZ (SkyTeam member) and all I can say is that the service sucks. I thought Iberia was bad!

My Alitalia flight at the gate at Tokyo/Narita

During the safety instructions

Approach to Milan/Malpensa
Late afternoon I landed at MXP, which is ironic, because R. left this morning after a one night lay-over. But another problem occured... there was bad weather surrounding the airport, so there were many cancellations and delays. I decided not to even bother and left the airport and checked-in at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

My room at the Crowne Plaza
And when you are stuck in Milan, what do you do? That's right.... you go shopping!! I went all out and bought myself some nice X-Mas gifts. I deserved it afterall. I went to Dolce & Gabanna and bought myself a calves leather half-long jacket, a white Versace bonnet and Versace belt and a pair of white Dior sneakers. I also found a headset for my PC at home. Always handy to have.

Dior store

D&G learther jacket (€499,-),


White is in! White Versace bonnet (€135,-) and white Versace belt (€87,-)


White Dior sneakers (€185,-)

PC headseat (€9,99)
So okay, I spend a lot of money, but hey.... you only live once. Besides it's December... I got my 13th month!!!! But nevertheless, I always walk with these;

MasterCard, ABN AMRO savings account, ABN AMRO current account, Postbank savings account and of course American Express, the company credit card.
So I am tired of shopping, so now I'll order roomservice and head to bed. Tomorrow morning I should be back home.
Ciao bella!
2 Comments:
My goodness, can you shop. But then again, Milan is excellent for shopping. So are Paris and London. Way cool dude.
Thomas
Alitalia sucks big time. They are always striking, have cancellations and delays. When I go to Milan I never use Malpensa or Linate airport, but Milan/Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY). Ryanair flie there from Eindhoven and transavia from Rotterdam for under 75 Euros.
Greetings from SXM!
Post a Comment
<< Home