Preperation is everything...
I woke up very early. R. was called by CrewCo (he was on standby) to do an AMS-LHR-AMS-CDG run and so he would be on lay-over in Paris tonight. After a quick breakfast we headed to Rotterdam Centraal where we said goodbye and took a train in the opposite direction.
In Dordt I quickly changed and took the train to Rijswijk, just outside Den Haag (The Hague) where AFC has its Holland office. It's in the same buidling where KLM has it's accounting & revenue department.

KLM office in Rijswijk. The building is shared with another company; AKZO Nobel International

KLM and Air France are split in the buidling. Here we enter the side used by Air France and AFC

This is AFC's office space. Here is where we work when we are not on assignment
I had to get briefed for the Helsinki assignment. This time it's only Freddy and me going. Grietje is currently in Brussels on another assignment and Brenda is home with the cold (beterschap!). Grietje put me in charge of the Helsinki trip to see how I would do. I've never been in charge yet, so I am quite nervous. So the person in charge has to go in for the briefing.

Briefing room
We get briefed by our Coordinator about where we have to be, what we have to do, the time we have to get it done, what is the goal etc. The briefing took a total of an hour. After that she gave me the manual with instructions and references concerning the assignment. I can't say much, but what I can say is that the assignment is on behalf of Global Distribution System AMADEUS (partly owned by Air France-KLM Group) on behalf of Servisair/GlobeGround Finland. They use the open platform for internet and self-service check-in at Helsinki Vantaa Airport. It has been implemented for about a year now, but they have some complaints and we are going there to check it out and try to find a solution for the problem....it's what we do afterall...



Reference manual
After I was finished in Rijswijk, I went to Amstelveen where the KLM Royal Dutch Headquarters is located to pick up my IATA certificate. Because I would meet Freddy tomorrow anyway, I picked up his as well.

KLM Royal Dutch Headquarters in Amstelveen



IATA certificates from Winfred (Freddy) and me
After that I went straight to Dordt to prepare for tomorrow. I called StaffCo to list for a flight to HEL tomorrow morning, so I'm curious to find out what flight they'll put us on.
Then it was off to Amsterdam to the Crew Lounge Party. It was fun!!! R. you missed out! Too bad you are in Paris. I ended up going with my friend Lesley who works at Servisair/GlobeGround Amsterdam as an agent for Lufthansa. I saw some old faces from KLM as well. A few ATCbox'ers were there as well. It is now 04.00 and I have to wake-up at 06.30!!!!! My next blog will be from Finland.
Goodbye for now!
In Dordt I quickly changed and took the train to Rijswijk, just outside Den Haag (The Hague) where AFC has its Holland office. It's in the same buidling where KLM has it's accounting & revenue department.

KLM office in Rijswijk. The building is shared with another company; AKZO Nobel International

KLM and Air France are split in the buidling. Here we enter the side used by Air France and AFC

This is AFC's office space. Here is where we work when we are not on assignment
I had to get briefed for the Helsinki assignment. This time it's only Freddy and me going. Grietje is currently in Brussels on another assignment and Brenda is home with the cold (beterschap!). Grietje put me in charge of the Helsinki trip to see how I would do. I've never been in charge yet, so I am quite nervous. So the person in charge has to go in for the briefing.

Briefing room
We get briefed by our Coordinator about where we have to be, what we have to do, the time we have to get it done, what is the goal etc. The briefing took a total of an hour. After that she gave me the manual with instructions and references concerning the assignment. I can't say much, but what I can say is that the assignment is on behalf of Global Distribution System AMADEUS (partly owned by Air France-KLM Group) on behalf of Servisair/GlobeGround Finland. They use the open platform for internet and self-service check-in at Helsinki Vantaa Airport. It has been implemented for about a year now, but they have some complaints and we are going there to check it out and try to find a solution for the problem....it's what we do afterall...



Reference manual
After I was finished in Rijswijk, I went to Amstelveen where the KLM Royal Dutch Headquarters is located to pick up my IATA certificate. Because I would meet Freddy tomorrow anyway, I picked up his as well.

KLM Royal Dutch Headquarters in Amstelveen



IATA certificates from Winfred (Freddy) and me
After that I went straight to Dordt to prepare for tomorrow. I called StaffCo to list for a flight to HEL tomorrow morning, so I'm curious to find out what flight they'll put us on.
Then it was off to Amsterdam to the Crew Lounge Party. It was fun!!! R. you missed out! Too bad you are in Paris. I ended up going with my friend Lesley who works at Servisair/GlobeGround Amsterdam as an agent for Lufthansa. I saw some old faces from KLM as well. A few ATCbox'ers were there as well. It is now 04.00 and I have to wake-up at 06.30!!!!! My next blog will be from Finland.
Goodbye for now!
4 Comments:
Safe flight! Let us know how it goes!
Helsinki is a nice city. Go get a drink at Ula Lenas if you get a chance. Good luck!
Fijne reis Ry. Ja idd jammer dat ik Crew Lounge heb gemist. Enfin het is elke zondag, dus......
We hadden wat vertraging in LHR, door de explosie, dus ATC kon maar één baan in gebruik nemen voor start en landingen.
Terug in AMS moesten we op het laatste momen een kistwissel doen van een 737-800 naar een -900, want de kist had MX, dus weer 45 minuten vertraging. Uiteindelijk goed en wel in Parijs aangekomen. Het is hier -2 graden, dus brrrrrrrrr.
Succes en veel plezier in HEL. Ik zie je donderdag.
Rob
My GOD! It is now 06.00 and I am felling terrible! It is cold outside and I have a splitting headache. Freddy just called me to say that StaffCo put us on KLM @ 09.20. He gave me my PNR, so I can check-in via the internet.
We are just travelling with hand luggage, so we can walk straight to the gate. For those of you living in Holland, you should know that when travelling within the European Union, it's not necessary to show your passport at immigration.
I am already packed, so I am going to shower and take the trainto SPL.
Laterz!
Ryan
Post a Comment
<< Home