Helsinki: Day 3 + problems!
After breakfast it was straight to HEL by bus. I was feeling really sick... I am coming down with the flu. So Freddy, my friend and colleague, offered to do most of the work and I gratefully accepted his offer. While I used one of GG offices to do the paperwork that was involved, with my laptop, Freddy went out in the "field" with the mechanic from AMADEUS.
Around noon we had lunch in the staff restaurant (yuck!).
Lunch: curry turkey meat with vegetables. Gross!
Soon after I dragged myself to help Freddy out, so we could finish early and go back to the hotel. At 16.30 we were done. Just when I thought we could leave, we were invited by some GG employees for an after-work drink. I wanted to refuse, but I could see on Freddy's face he so wanted to go... and if I said no, he wouldn't go either. So I went.
We went downtown to a bar, where the drinks were flowing freely. Man those Finns sure can drink! Freddy and I threw a round and we put it on our expense account! We are going to get in trouble with AFC!! But what the hell!
Talking about expense account... I got an e-mail from a blog reader, asking me how the hotel, meals etc. are paid. Well all AFC employees who are on active duty get a company credit card; American Express.

One is my Flying Blue frequent flyer card, the other my Flying Blue American Express credit card provided by AFC. When travelling on duty, I'm not allowed to collect miles, only for personal travel.

Flying Blue Ivory card. This is something I got personally. Nothing to do with AFC.

My FB American Express card. This is provided by AFC to pay hotels, taxi's, meals and other expenses. If for any reason we have to pay for a 'normal' ticket on another airline to travel home, we also use this card. Each card has a $5000,- (€4500,-) limit. Everything you charge will be verified by the accounting department every month. Personal charges will be deducted from your salary. Notice the card has the FB frequent flyer number as well.

Freddy (blue shirt) with GG ramper enjoying a smoke

Freddy and some GG employees

Smoking again!
At 21.00 we arrived back at the hotel, when the front desk clerk told us that AFC called for me and that I had to get back to them ASAP. When I called they told me that I have to be back in Holland by tomorrow morning, because they scheduled Grietje, Brenda and me on a 10 day assignment in Bangkok, Thailand. My flight is tomorrow evening at 20.00 with KLM. "What?!!! Bangkok? 10 days? I don't think so!"
I explained that in a week time, I am going to Aruba for the holidays, so there is no way I'm going to BKK for 10 days. That stupid woman from StaffCo is going to tell me that I'm not scheduled for vacation and that I'm on duty. After calling AFC and calling back StaffCo, I just told her to find someone else, but I am going on my well-deserved vacation.... BKK... yeah right! I was really pissed! These are the things I don't like from AFC!
I just got a call from StaffCo again... same story, less days... be back in Holland in the morning. Freddy will close-off everything in HEL by himself. I am scheduled on KL 877 at 19.40 to BKK. This time my duty will be only for 5 days. I will be travelling alone, because Grietje and Brenda will fly another airline (China Airlines) at 14.25 via Taipei. So tomorrow morning at 06.40 I am flying HEL-AMS on KL 1164. So I am off to bed, 'cause tomorrowis going to be a very long day!
Hasta luego!
Around noon we had lunch in the staff restaurant (yuck!).

Lunch: curry turkey meat with vegetables. Gross!
Soon after I dragged myself to help Freddy out, so we could finish early and go back to the hotel. At 16.30 we were done. Just when I thought we could leave, we were invited by some GG employees for an after-work drink. I wanted to refuse, but I could see on Freddy's face he so wanted to go... and if I said no, he wouldn't go either. So I went.
We went downtown to a bar, where the drinks were flowing freely. Man those Finns sure can drink! Freddy and I threw a round and we put it on our expense account! We are going to get in trouble with AFC!! But what the hell!
Talking about expense account... I got an e-mail from a blog reader, asking me how the hotel, meals etc. are paid. Well all AFC employees who are on active duty get a company credit card; American Express.

One is my Flying Blue frequent flyer card, the other my Flying Blue American Express credit card provided by AFC. When travelling on duty, I'm not allowed to collect miles, only for personal travel.

Flying Blue Ivory card. This is something I got personally. Nothing to do with AFC.

My FB American Express card. This is provided by AFC to pay hotels, taxi's, meals and other expenses. If for any reason we have to pay for a 'normal' ticket on another airline to travel home, we also use this card. Each card has a $5000,- (€4500,-) limit. Everything you charge will be verified by the accounting department every month. Personal charges will be deducted from your salary. Notice the card has the FB frequent flyer number as well.

Freddy (blue shirt) with GG ramper enjoying a smoke

Freddy and some GG employees

Smoking again!
At 21.00 we arrived back at the hotel, when the front desk clerk told us that AFC called for me and that I had to get back to them ASAP. When I called they told me that I have to be back in Holland by tomorrow morning, because they scheduled Grietje, Brenda and me on a 10 day assignment in Bangkok, Thailand. My flight is tomorrow evening at 20.00 with KLM. "What?!!! Bangkok? 10 days? I don't think so!"
I explained that in a week time, I am going to Aruba for the holidays, so there is no way I'm going to BKK for 10 days. That stupid woman from StaffCo is going to tell me that I'm not scheduled for vacation and that I'm on duty. After calling AFC and calling back StaffCo, I just told her to find someone else, but I am going on my well-deserved vacation.... BKK... yeah right! I was really pissed! These are the things I don't like from AFC!
I just got a call from StaffCo again... same story, less days... be back in Holland in the morning. Freddy will close-off everything in HEL by himself. I am scheduled on KL 877 at 19.40 to BKK. This time my duty will be only for 5 days. I will be travelling alone, because Grietje and Brenda will fly another airline (China Airlines) at 14.25 via Taipei. So tomorrow morning at 06.40 I am flying HEL-AMS on KL 1164. So I am off to bed, 'cause tomorrowis going to be a very long day!
Hasta luego!
2 Comments:
Beterschap. Call me before you leave Holland again.
Associaal zeg. Krijgen jullie geen rust periode van AFC? Raar hoor....
Daan
Post a Comment
<< Home