Bangkok: Day 4
Work was pretty much uneventful. I started at 04.00 in the morning and ended my day at 14.00. My job here in BKK is done. I wanted to enjoy my last day in BKK, before I head back home tomorrow. I called StaffCo in Amsterdam for my flight home; I'll be flying from BKK to Seoul Incheon (ICN) in South-Korea with Thai Airlines (TG) and ICN-AMS with SkyTeam member Korean Air (KE). KLM was full as usual. Big surprise... not! Before I went back to the hotel, I passed by Pizza Hut and bought a personal pizza. After a very delicious pepperoni pizza, I called my parents in Holland and we talked for a while.
After a quick nap and a shower, I changed into my shorts and went shopping with Grietje and Brenda. When it comes to shopping, BKK is the place to be! We went to the floating market, the Pratunam market and the more upscale expensive MBK Plaza. Grietje and Brenda, although older than me, are always fun to hang with. I couldn't have asked for better colleagues.

Bangkok Floating Market - Everything is on boats


Pratunam Market - Where cheap electronics and clothes can be bought

Me taking a photo of Brenda taking a photo at Pratunam Market :-)

Taking a break after the market; next stop MBK Plaza... hey shopping is exhausting!

MBK Plaza - More expensive and upscale, but nice stuff

Lacoste store in MBK Plaza; I bought a polo here
After shopping, we had a quick food break at some Thai restaurant. But what did the ladies want to eat?

Yep... good old Dutch patat! Go figure!
Back at the hotel room I checked out the stuff that I bought... no worries I didn't spend too much.... okay I did, but it was for a good cause!



- a Lacoste polo for myself; simple but always in style and ideal for work or travel
- Evisu T-shirt for my brother for X-Mas; It's really expensive in Holland
- Hugo Boss sweater for my best friend Ray for X-Mas
- Von Dutch T-shirt for my cousin Roshandy in CuraƧao
- Gucci belt for R.; he always wanted one
- Versace belt for myself.
I then checked my e-mail and I got a request from ATCBOX.COM webmaster (CPT DDM) to moderate the forum. Being a moderator for ATCBOX.COM is a nice hobby. You answer questions on subjects you know about and you make sure the language is kept clean. No one on ATCBOX.COM gets paid. You do it for free, but you get loads of free stuff from ATCBOX.COM.
Now I am going to start packing, because I have to get up really early tomorrow. After I'm done packing, I'll just hop around the corner to tell Brenda and Grietje goodbye, because I won't be seeing them again untill next year, when I'm back from Aruba. Duty calls on January 4th again.
Destination? I don't know...
After a quick nap and a shower, I changed into my shorts and went shopping with Grietje and Brenda. When it comes to shopping, BKK is the place to be! We went to the floating market, the Pratunam market and the more upscale expensive MBK Plaza. Grietje and Brenda, although older than me, are always fun to hang with. I couldn't have asked for better colleagues.

Bangkok Floating Market - Everything is on boats


Pratunam Market - Where cheap electronics and clothes can be bought

Me taking a photo of Brenda taking a photo at Pratunam Market :-)

Taking a break after the market; next stop MBK Plaza... hey shopping is exhausting!

MBK Plaza - More expensive and upscale, but nice stuff

Lacoste store in MBK Plaza; I bought a polo here
After shopping, we had a quick food break at some Thai restaurant. But what did the ladies want to eat?

Yep... good old Dutch patat! Go figure!
Back at the hotel room I checked out the stuff that I bought... no worries I didn't spend too much.... okay I did, but it was for a good cause!



- a Lacoste polo for myself; simple but always in style and ideal for work or travel
- Evisu T-shirt for my brother for X-Mas; It's really expensive in Holland
- Hugo Boss sweater for my best friend Ray for X-Mas
- Von Dutch T-shirt for my cousin Roshandy in CuraƧao
- Gucci belt for R.; he always wanted one
- Versace belt for myself.
I then checked my e-mail and I got a request from ATCBOX.COM webmaster (CPT DDM) to moderate the forum. Being a moderator for ATCBOX.COM is a nice hobby. You answer questions on subjects you know about and you make sure the language is kept clean. No one on ATCBOX.COM gets paid. You do it for free, but you get loads of free stuff from ATCBOX.COM.
Now I am going to start packing, because I have to get up really early tomorrow. After I'm done packing, I'll just hop around the corner to tell Brenda and Grietje goodbye, because I won't be seeing them again untill next year, when I'm back from Aruba. Duty calls on January 4th again.
Destination? I don't know...
14 Comments:
More shopping again Ryan? Damn boy!
That floating market looks nasty, with all those fruits. It must be infested with mosquitos around that water there! Careful you don't catch dengue fever!
I see you bought many things for many people, but what about me, suck face! ;-S
Anyway safe flight tomorrow and see ya @ss in Aruba. One more day of school and I am gone!!
Lisa
Hahahah Lisa. Wat's up coz?
Safe flight to you too. And take it easy on the ayaca's. Greet tante and uncle for me.
Ayo
Ryan
Hou je wel eens op met shoppen, Ry? Riem ziet er goed uit. Precies wat ik zocht. Geniet van je laatste dag en tot morgen.
Ik ben net opgebeld uit m'n standby gebeld door crew coordination. Ik ga de KL1625 doen naar MXP en morgen kom ik terug op de KL1618 om 08.35. Maar goed log maar in op mijn account op email4crew.com en kijk voor jezelf. Kijk 's ook op KLM CabiNet... niuews!!!!!!!! Je zal lachen!
Ik weet dat KL866 om 17.50 op SPL aankomt. Als ik je niet meer spreek fijne vlucht. Ik probeer vanavond te mailen of te bellen uit MXP.
Rob
Robin... je moet beter uit je doppen kijken en mijn weblog beter lezen jongen. Coordinatie heeft me op KE gelist niet KL ex-ICN. Ik heb net gekeken op SkyTeam SkyNet en KE's ETA is 17.50, 35 minuten na KLM.Ik vertek uit BKK om 02.30 'snachts!! Wat een tijd om te vliegen :-(
Nou ja vlieg ze en tot morgen of overmorgen, want ik denk dat ik kapot ben tegen de tijd dat ik in Dordt ben.
Ik heb je username, maar ben je paswoord vergeten voor emailcrew en cabinet.
Ryan
Ik SMS het je wel vanuit de trein. Moet nu gaan!
Robin
"Ik vertek uit BKK om 02.30 'snachts!! Wat een tijd om te vliegen :-("
Wat zit je nou te zeuren man! Twee jaar geleden waren wij toch ook om 04.00 'snachts op Bonaire aangekomen met de KLM. We meosten daar 4 uur wachten op die klote luchthaven op die DCA.
Op de terugweg waren we ook rond 02.00 snachts vertrokken vanuit Bonaire. Toen vond je het niet erg, toch? Echt een zeurpiet ben jij.
Maar iig alvast bedankt voor de kerstcadeau. Je bent een kanjer!
Ray
Hahahaha... jajaja Ray... maar toen waren we met een groep. Miekesch, mijn broertje, Glenda, Zahaira, jij en ik. Dat is nog wel leuk, maar ik reis vannacht alleen. Grietje blijft nog 6 dagen en Brenda nog 10. Dat is dan minder.
Kom je woensdag langs in Dordt? Ik hoor het wel.
Ryan
Hi. My name is Lidi and me from the Philipines. I live in Pampanga.
I like your website. You are to Philippines? You come!, it's a bootiffull place.
Anyway me thinks you nice man. Really nice man. hihihi!
Lidi
Well Lidi thank you for checking out my weblog. The more, the merrier!
No I have never been to the Philippines, but we do have clients there, so you never know.
Thanks for the compliment too. ;-)
Cheers!
Hoe lang ben je dan onderweg, Ryan?
Daan
Hey Captain,
Ik heb de itinerary van SkyNet gekopieerd en geplakt zodat je het zelf kan zien:
From: Bangkok TH ( BKK)
To: Amsterdam NL ( AMS )
Departure Time 3:10 AM
Arrive 5:50 PM
Distance 7593 mi, 12148 km
Duration 20 hours, 25 minutes
Flight 1 of 2:
Flight Thai Airlines 656
Depart Bangkok TH (BKK) Terminal 2
Departure Time 2:30 AM
Arrive Seoul Incheon KR (ICN) Terminal
Arrival Time 09:25AM
Duration 4 hours, 55 minutes
Meal
Aircraft Type M11
Flight 2 of 2:
Flight Korean Air Lines 925
Depart Seoul Incheon KR (ICN) Terminal
Departure Time 2:05 PM
Arrive Amsterdam NL (AMS) Terminal
Arrival Time 5:50 PM
Duration 11 hours, 45 minutes
Meal LD
Aircraft Type 744
Dus je kan je voorstellen, waarom ik altijd het liefste KLM wil... niet omdat het KLM is, maar omdat het NON-STOP is.
Ryan
Pff! Maar MP vliegt ook naar Thailand dacht ik. Vanaf HKT. Waarom zet Staafco je niet op een binnenlandse vlucht BKK-HKT en vandaaruit met MP nonstop naar AMS?
Heel simpel, Daan. De MP HKT vlucht is een charter, geen lijndienst en wij mogen niet op charters meereizen. Alleen bij hoge uitzonderingen.
Trowens ik wil toch niet met MP in die krappe 767 of MD11 of wat het ook is.
Gisteren was ik op de chat met iemand waarvan de ma niet op tijd haar zuurstof had gekregen. Ze ging bijna dood zei die meneer! Stel je voor zeg! Worden die CA's niet getrained ofzo?
Nee laat maar met die MP
Oh wat erg joh!
Post a Comment
<< Home