Bangkok: Day 2
Although I still have jet-lag, I've got work to do. I got my assignment from Grietje yesterday, so after breakfast I went to do my part.The 3 of us will be working seperately; each of us have different assignments. Because I am only here for 4 days, I have so much to do and so little time. I took a taxi (cheap!!) to Don Muang Airport. BKK is 6 hours ahead of Holland, 11 ahead of Aruba and 12 to the USA.
We are here on behalf of KLM. KLM has daily flights AMS-BKK and then it continues to Taipei Chiang Kai-Shek (TPE) and then back (AMS-BKK-TPE-BKK-AMS). BKK is a very important station for KLM in Asia. At BKK they do self-handling of the flights, they have their own engineering & maintenance facilities and provide third party handling to Finnair (AY), SAS Scandinavian (SK), China Airlines (CI) and Northwest Airlines (NW). In the future, they will also take over the handling of AF. The problem with BKK/KL is that lately certain things are not going well. They damaged a Finnair MD-11 during offloading of containers, damaged a tug during pushback of China Airlines and many more I cannot talk about.

Damaged KLM tug - Photo taken by Charles Taylor and is courtsey of jetphotos.net
We are here to audit the company and see how we can improve things fast, before AF leaves TAGS (Thai Airport Ground Services) to join KLM Ground Services (BKK/PH/KL). Our team (team 1 from Holland) will just do the preliminary work and then team 2 from France and team 3 from Dubai will follow-up.

On board a SK A340. SK is a KLM client at BKK. Here's someone from KLM Engineering & Maintenance adjusting a seat
Of course we didn't only work. You cannot come all the way to Bangkok and only expect to work, now can you?! Some of the KLM crew who were on layover planned a bike tour throughout the city and they invited Grietje, Brenda and me as well as some of the Air France crew along. So together we went to explore the beautiful city of Bangkok by bike. After that we took a boat trip on the Chao Phraya river. It was fun!


Bike trip throughout the City of Bangkok

The gang on the boat

Gritje and Brenda on the boat

Me on the boat
Afterward we had dinner with the crew at a nice restaurant.
Martin and Johan from KLM.
After dinner we went to Ratchadamri Road, the main straat of Bankok, just to look around.

Wow! Many cheap stuff!!! I am definitely coming back here before I leave!!
After taking the boat back to the hotel area, we thanked the KLM guys and girls for the good time, said goodbye and then headed to Grietje's room to talk about the next day assignment. Shortly after that we headed to our rooms. After I'm done with this blog, I'm going to shower and head to bed. Maybe watch a little TV first.
Goodbye!
We are here on behalf of KLM. KLM has daily flights AMS-BKK and then it continues to Taipei Chiang Kai-Shek (TPE) and then back (AMS-BKK-TPE-BKK-AMS). BKK is a very important station for KLM in Asia. At BKK they do self-handling of the flights, they have their own engineering & maintenance facilities and provide third party handling to Finnair (AY), SAS Scandinavian (SK), China Airlines (CI) and Northwest Airlines (NW). In the future, they will also take over the handling of AF. The problem with BKK/KL is that lately certain things are not going well. They damaged a Finnair MD-11 during offloading of containers, damaged a tug during pushback of China Airlines and many more I cannot talk about.

Damaged KLM tug - Photo taken by Charles Taylor and is courtsey of jetphotos.net
We are here to audit the company and see how we can improve things fast, before AF leaves TAGS (Thai Airport Ground Services) to join KLM Ground Services (BKK/PH/KL). Our team (team 1 from Holland) will just do the preliminary work and then team 2 from France and team 3 from Dubai will follow-up.

On board a SK A340. SK is a KLM client at BKK. Here's someone from KLM Engineering & Maintenance adjusting a seat
Of course we didn't only work. You cannot come all the way to Bangkok and only expect to work, now can you?! Some of the KLM crew who were on layover planned a bike tour throughout the city and they invited Grietje, Brenda and me as well as some of the Air France crew along. So together we went to explore the beautiful city of Bangkok by bike. After that we took a boat trip on the Chao Phraya river. It was fun!


Bike trip throughout the City of Bangkok

The gang on the boat

Gritje and Brenda on the boat

Me on the boat
Afterward we had dinner with the crew at a nice restaurant.
Martin and Johan from KLM.
After dinner we went to Ratchadamri Road, the main straat of Bankok, just to look around.

Wow! Many cheap stuff!!! I am definitely coming back here before I leave!!
After taking the boat back to the hotel area, we thanked the KLM guys and girls for the good time, said goodbye and then headed to Grietje's room to talk about the next day assignment. Shortly after that we headed to our rooms. After I'm done with this blog, I'm going to shower and head to bed. Maybe watch a little TV first.
Goodbye!
3 Comments:
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself in Thailand. We already started to pack some of the gifts for Aruba. I just hope we can keep within 20kg. Anyway your Dad is allowed 25kg on Arkefly anyway.
Good luck and enjoy your stay. See you in a few days.
mom
Okay ma. Thanks.
Hi! I've been reading your weblog the past few weeks and I like your writing style. I also used to work for a Consulting Agency (but for business) and it also involved a lot of travel, so I can relate.
Anyway enjoy your work and keep on blogging!
Jamie
Post a Comment
<< Home