London
Good evening from London!
Well evening.... it's midnight actually. I am sitting in the internet center of the Lord Jim Hotel in Earl's Court.
This morning I got up and got ready to leave for Schiphol Airport by intercity train. At Schiphol I met with my two colleagues Winfred and Grietje at the meeting point in Schiphol Plaza. First we had to pick up our tickets at Staff Coordination (StaffCo) AFC booked us on the first KLM flight at 07.40 to London Heathrow, but unfortunately our flight got cancelled due to mechanical problems.

No this is not Heathrow, but outside of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Quite funny huh?
After calling Pieter van Rijs, our contact person at KLM for AFC, he told us there would be a ticket waiting for us at the BMI British Midland ticket office in Departures 3. So 3 hours after, at 10.00, we boarded BD to LHR. Our flight was operated by an Airbus A320. What a damn long walk that was to D55! I always hated the Schengen area of SPL. Too damn far. At least when working at SPL/PG you have the little electronic bikes or carts to carry you around.

KLM StaffCo office in Departures 2.

On the way to the gate I met my ex-Shift Leader Antoinette. Here she is with two UM (Unnacompanied Minors)

In the jetway at D55

Cabin view enroute to LHR

Ladies and Gentleman... welcome to London Heathrow.
Exactly an hour after we landed at Heathrow and took the underground to Earl's Court where our hotel was located... the Lord Jim Hotel.

Our hotel
After we checked in we went to the Virgin Atlantic office in Kensington for a meeting about our assignment. The meeting took 3 hours, but we were clear about what we were to do. Of course I cannot discuss my work here (confidential).
Later that afternoon we went to Pizza Hut and got a bite to eat and then headed back to the hotel. As each of us got a laptop from work, we started doing some work in Freddy's room.

At Pizza Hit eating desert. Thank you Freddy for the wonderful picture... NOT!
After a drink in the bar we called it a night and they headed upstairs to their rooms, while I headed to the internet café. These are my partners on this project. Pics are from AFC intranet site:

Margriet (Grietje) Hoekstra - Master Black Belt

Winfred (Freddy) de Vos - Project Champion

Ryan M. - Green Belt
And now I am heading to bed.
More pics of London available in My online pictures - submap: London 2005.
Tot ziens!
Well evening.... it's midnight actually. I am sitting in the internet center of the Lord Jim Hotel in Earl's Court.
This morning I got up and got ready to leave for Schiphol Airport by intercity train. At Schiphol I met with my two colleagues Winfred and Grietje at the meeting point in Schiphol Plaza. First we had to pick up our tickets at Staff Coordination (StaffCo) AFC booked us on the first KLM flight at 07.40 to London Heathrow, but unfortunately our flight got cancelled due to mechanical problems.

No this is not Heathrow, but outside of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Quite funny huh?
After calling Pieter van Rijs, our contact person at KLM for AFC, he told us there would be a ticket waiting for us at the BMI British Midland ticket office in Departures 3. So 3 hours after, at 10.00, we boarded BD to LHR. Our flight was operated by an Airbus A320. What a damn long walk that was to D55! I always hated the Schengen area of SPL. Too damn far. At least when working at SPL/PG you have the little electronic bikes or carts to carry you around.

KLM StaffCo office in Departures 2.

On the way to the gate I met my ex-Shift Leader Antoinette. Here she is with two UM (Unnacompanied Minors)

In the jetway at D55

Cabin view enroute to LHR

Ladies and Gentleman... welcome to London Heathrow.
Exactly an hour after we landed at Heathrow and took the underground to Earl's Court where our hotel was located... the Lord Jim Hotel.

Our hotel
After we checked in we went to the Virgin Atlantic office in Kensington for a meeting about our assignment. The meeting took 3 hours, but we were clear about what we were to do. Of course I cannot discuss my work here (confidential).
Later that afternoon we went to Pizza Hut and got a bite to eat and then headed back to the hotel. As each of us got a laptop from work, we started doing some work in Freddy's room.

At Pizza Hit eating desert. Thank you Freddy for the wonderful picture... NOT!
After a drink in the bar we called it a night and they headed upstairs to their rooms, while I headed to the internet café. These are my partners on this project. Pics are from AFC intranet site:

Margriet (Grietje) Hoekstra - Master Black Belt

Winfred (Freddy) de Vos - Project Champion

Ryan M. - Green Belt
And now I am heading to bed.
More pics of London available in My online pictures - submap: London 2005.
Tot ziens!
2 Comments:
My God you look ugly eating that cake boy! LOL!
Good luck in London.
Mom
Als ik eerlijk moet zijn heb ik toch liever BMI than British Airways. Als je BA vliegt kom je in LHR Terminal 1 aan en dan is het lang lopen voordat je helemaal buiten bent.
Met BMI kom je in Terminal 2 aan en dat valt dan weer mee.........
Veel plezier in London.
Nanette
Post a Comment
<< Home