The city of James Bond & Rock 'n Roll...London!!!
The whole day we were busy with work. As usual I am bound by confidentialty, but what I can tell you that it's very interesting. Through a head hunting agency, I arranged some interviews with ground staff from U2 and FR, while Freddy did the same with pilots and cabin crew and Grietje studied the business models of the low cost carriers at the Chamber of Commerce.
Of course it was not all work. We also decided to spend the rest of the day sightseeing in London. We all have been to London many times before.... I always come in the summer for the Caribbean Carnival in Nottinghill. London is very popular among the Dutch for what they call a "steden trip". Personally I like it better than Paris and Brussels.
So this is what we did:

We had lunch at Subway in Earl's Court, right across the hotel

Then we took the London Underground to Victoria

At Victoria
At Victoria we went shopping at a famous warehouse: Harrods! Known for that crazy Dodi Al-Fayed/Mohammed Al-Fayed.

Harrods

Outside of Harrods
I bought myself some stuff for the winter. The brand Burberry is in style this year in Holland... so this is what I bought for myself:


A Burberry shirt



Burberry winter coat, scarf, winter bonnet and cigarette holder
Friend D. in Aruba is one of my best friends and he asked me to buy a wallet and cigarette holder from Louis Vuitton for him. I spent almost 300 Pounds in Harrods! Thank God for Master Card!




A Louis Vuitton wallet and cigarette holder for friend D. in Aruba

Me just acting crazy by myself
After Harrods we went to Oxford Street to browse the stores and get something to drink at Starbucks Coffee.

Oxford Street

Starbucks Coffee at Oxford Street

Hmmmm... mocha Frapuccino iced coffee
We went back to the hotel did some more work and later in the evening we went downstairs in the hotel restaurant to have some coffee to drink and discuss tomorrows tasks.

Grietje and me having coffee
Afterwards we said goodbye and went to our rooms..... of course I had to go to the internet center to quickly post this blog.
Voyez-vous bientôt!
Of course it was not all work. We also decided to spend the rest of the day sightseeing in London. We all have been to London many times before.... I always come in the summer for the Caribbean Carnival in Nottinghill. London is very popular among the Dutch for what they call a "steden trip". Personally I like it better than Paris and Brussels.
So this is what we did:

We had lunch at Subway in Earl's Court, right across the hotel

Then we took the London Underground to Victoria

At Victoria
At Victoria we went shopping at a famous warehouse: Harrods! Known for that crazy Dodi Al-Fayed/Mohammed Al-Fayed.

Harrods

Outside of Harrods
I bought myself some stuff for the winter. The brand Burberry is in style this year in Holland... so this is what I bought for myself:


A Burberry shirt



Burberry winter coat, scarf, winter bonnet and cigarette holder
Friend D. in Aruba is one of my best friends and he asked me to buy a wallet and cigarette holder from Louis Vuitton for him. I spent almost 300 Pounds in Harrods! Thank God for Master Card!




A Louis Vuitton wallet and cigarette holder for friend D. in Aruba

Me just acting crazy by myself
After Harrods we went to Oxford Street to browse the stores and get something to drink at Starbucks Coffee.

Oxford Street

Starbucks Coffee at Oxford Street

Hmmmm... mocha Frapuccino iced coffee
We went back to the hotel did some more work and later in the evening we went downstairs in the hotel restaurant to have some coffee to drink and discuss tomorrows tasks.

Grietje and me having coffee
Afterwards we said goodbye and went to our rooms..... of course I had to go to the internet center to quickly post this blog.
Voyez-vous bientôt!
5 Comments:
Are you in London for pleasure or work? Seems to me you are enjoying yourself way too much!
Enjoy yourself. Will call you when you are back in Holland
Why do I keep getting SPAM in my comments? Cam someone help me out? It's weird! What the hell I care of State Car Auctions?
@ Brian: Who says you cannot combine work and pleasure????
Ryan
Bo a hanja un vuelo pa bin Aruba?! Alright!
Ki dia bo ta yega?
Jeandrina
Hé Ry!
Ik heb die password request gedaan voor de foto's, maar kreeg de volgende terug:
Thank you for requesting the password for my photobucket album.
However your e-mail address is not on the "approved" list.
The moderator for http://lonelyplanet79.blogspot.com will send you the password as soon as it is approved.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.
Best regards,
Ryan M.
Wat moet ik nu doen? Ik begrijp het niet. Ik wil de rest van de foto's zien, want deze zijn zo klein.
Help!
Miekesch van heumen
Hoi Miekesch!
Sorry hoor. Als je niet in de adressen lijst staat van deze e-mail, dan wordt de paswoord niet automatisch toegestuurd. Ik moet m'nzelf wel veilig stellen voor de freaks en weirdo's van deze wereld.
Ik heb zelf nog geen tijd gekregen om naar de emails te kijken voor de paswoord requests, maar ik mail je wel direct de code toe.
Veel plezier met het bekijken v/d pics.
Groetjes.
Post a Comment
<< Home